News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on February 01, 2020, 12:54:52 PM
On the Birmingham City Centre map, the road that turns right from Digbeth onto Moat Lane is still closed and barricaded off.

Hi @ellspurs  thanks for this. I'll pass this onto them. I also don't think there's any services that do this section of Bradford St and Moat Lane/Digbeth. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on February 01, 2020, 12:49:07 PM
On the Birmingham area map, you have graphical glitches in the Terminating box for Solihull. The ♦ is displaying as a t. This error was on the previous Solihull map as well, but it appears fixed for the latest one.

EDIT: there may be more of these glitches. Another one I just noticed is on the 937A on Portland Road, Aldridge.

Hi @ellspurs thanks for this. I'll pass this on also.

Bus Man K2

Just to let everone know that the New Coventry Cc Map 26 Jan 20, Sandwell/Dudley Area map 2/2/20, Wolverhampon cc and Area maps 2/2/20 are now available at travelshops near you.

Others to follow in April/May time.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 18, 2020, 12:04:49 PM
Just to let everone know that the New Coventry Cc Map 26 Jan 20, Sandwell/Dudley Area map 2/2/20, Wolverhampon cc and Area maps 2/2/20 are now available at travelshops near you.

Others to follow in April/May time.

And a slight error on the map. It shows the 50 (Wednesfield-Wolverhampton) as going to the top of Hyde Rd then going onto Moathouse Lane and following the road around, when it actually turns off slightly before and serves Wright Avenue. It also shows the short section of Lichfield Rd between Peacock Avenue and New Invention in dark blue, when it's less frequent than every 10 along that bit.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Nathan on February 18, 2020, 12:15:47 PM
And a slight error on the map. It shows the 50 (Wednesfield-Wolverhampton) as going to the top of Hyde Rd then going onto Moathouse Lane and following the road around, when it actually turns off slightly before and serves Wright Avenue. It also shows the short section of Lichfield Rd between Peacock Avenue and New Invention in dark blue, when it's less frequent than every 10 along that bit.

Thanks for that Nathen I'll bring that to their attention

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Nathan on February 18, 2020, 12:15:47 PM

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 18, 2020, 12:24:32 PM
Thanks for that Nathen I'll bring that to their attention

I have just looked over the timetables for the routes that run along Lichfield Rd between Peacock Ave and New Invention. The timetables states that between Peacock Ave and Coppice Farm Way the frequency is roughly 10 mins then between Coppice Farm Way and Essington Rd the frequency is 20 mins. Then between Essington Rd and New invention it's again roughly every 10 mins. So I think between the following road it should be as follows. What do you think/everyone else on here think?

Between Peacock Ave and Coppice Farm Way stays dark blue.
Between Coppice Farm Way & Essington Rd changed to light blue.
Lastly
Between Essington Rd and New Invention stays dark blue.

regards

Kevin

Slight error on the Sandwell and Dudley map, the Dudley inset shows the 8 going both it's current route and still out towards Wrens Nest
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Kevin on February 21, 2020, 11:03:44 AM
Slight error on the Sandwell and Dudley map, the Dudley inset shows the 8 going both it's current route and still out towards Wrens Nest

Hi Kevin

I had already picked up on this mistake, which should be rectified when the next new edition is produced.

Roy

One small error on the Sandwell and Dudley map.  It shows the 15 and 16 as both going around Wombourne Green.  The 15 doesn't go around the Green as it turns right into Planks Lane just before.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Roy on February 21, 2020, 01:19:01 PM
One small error on the Sandwell and Dudley map.  It shows the 15 and 16 as both going around Wombourne Green.  The 15 doesn't go around the Green as it turns right into Planks Lane just before.

Again thanks Roy. However I had pick yp that mistake as well.

Bus Man K2

Hi

Just to let everybody know that the new Birmingham area map and guides will be added to the WMN website by next Thursday.

In the mean time see attachment

Bus Man K2

mesub

23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Bus Man K2

Quote from: mesub on March 05, 2020, 07:26:47 PM
There's nothing attached...

I know I've contacted Tech support to help.

sonic84

Any ideas when the new Walsall map will be added to the NWM website.

The one on the NWM still shows the Arriva 2 operating the old route towards Bloxwich

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk