News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

All of these comments have now been added to the changes list for the next reprint of each map.

Thanks to all who contributed.

I now can confirm that the Maps should be reprinted around the time of any major changes.

Regards

Bus Man K2

Westy

Would you have anything to do with the timetable leaflets as well?

If so,  the Walsall 19 / 29  leaflet hasn't been updated to account for Nx taking over all the 19 since Igo went bump!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on November 15, 2019, 05:43:20 PM
Would you have anything to do with the timetable leaflets as well?

If so,  the Walsall 19 / 29  leaflet hasn't been updated to account for Nx taking over all the 19 since Igo went bump!

Hi Westy

I do also help out with the timetables.

The reason being for them not producing the timetables for the Igo issue as the timetables didn't change that much. Also the cost of all the changes to timetable and maps is put back on the taxpayer.

Regards

Bus Man K2

Westy

Another question.

What is the official reason for only certain services appearing on a leaflet?

We had to wait for the joint service before we saw the Diamond journeys on the Walsall to Bloxwich leaflet & until Thandi took over the 37 daytime journeys,  their journeys never appeared on the Darlaston leaflet.

We never saw the Diamond 29 journeys on the Nwm leaflet either!

No wonder some services don't last long, when they don't go on the leaflet!

Also when will we see rebranded WMN timetable leaflets start to appear?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on November 15, 2019, 06:52:51 PM
Another question.

What is the official reason for only certain services appearing on a leaflet?

We had to wait for the joint service before we saw the Diamond journeys on the Walsall to Bloxwich leaflet & until Thandi took over the 37 daytime journeys,  their journeys never appeared on the Darlaston leaflet.

We never saw the Diamond 29 journeys on the Nwm leaflet either!

No wonder some services don't last long, when they don't go on the leaflet!

Also when will we see rebranded WMN timetable leaflets start to appear?

The official reason for only some timetables having one operator on them instead of two is because the other operate doesn't pay into the WMN scheme to be mentioned on it. Every time the  timetable is reissued they are asked and then if they say yes they will be added. I know that probably sounds rubbish but that's the reason. So it's basically down to the operator. Also if they produce their own edition then that whay the WMN edition stops.

I don't know when the timetables will be showing WMN instead of NMW. Sorry.

Regards

Bus Man K2

Westy

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on November 15, 2019, 07:04:33 PM
The official reason for only some timetables having one operator on them instead of two is because the other operate doesn't pay into the WMN scheme to be mentioned on it. Every time the  timetable is reissued they are asked and then if they say yes they will be added. I know that probably sounds rubbish but that's the reason. So it's basically down to the operator. Also if they produce their own edition then that whay the WMN edition stops.

I don't know when the timetables will be showing WMN instead of NMW. Sorry.

Regards

Bus Man K2

Ok fair enough, but Diamond for example, despite being told on here on a few occasions, never sent any of their own timetables over to Walsall, when they ran separate journeys on the 301 & 302 & 29.

I believe Arriva had an agreement to supply their own leaflets to NWM at one point, in place of the NWM versions, but, again told on several occasions, they failed to do so. It's only since Simon took over, that this situation has got better!

As for Thandi, unless you go on NWM's site, god knows!

I do hope that you are now involved, things continue to improve.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on November 16, 2019, 02:21:35 PM
OK fair enough, but Diamond for example, despite being told on here on a few occasions, never sent any of their own timetables over to Walsall, when they ran separate journeys on the 301 & 302 & 29.

I believe Arriva had an agreement to supply their own leaflets to NWM at one point, in place of the NWM versions, but, again told on several occasions, they failed to do so. It's only since Simon took over, that this situation has got better!

As for Thandi, unless you go on NWM's site, god knows!

I do hope that you are now involved, things continue to improve.

As I said if the operator produces a timetable for their own services then they should send it to the Travelshops. As for Diamond they are somewhat silly as they don't always pay into the NWM scheme so they aren't mentioned on some timetables, also they probably didn't produce a separate timetable for the 301/302 or 29.

As for Thandi they are a small company how can't even be bothered to email people back if people email them. I've had the problem with trying to contact them - with no reply. They can't even be bothered with answering question on here as they aren't on this forum according to Tony.

Bus Man K2

Westy

Bus Man K2

New Solihull Map now available at NWM.com. The others will be available in January.

JPC

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on November 18, 2019, 05:17:12 PM
New Solihull Map now available at NWM.com. The others will be available in January.

Thanks for the alert   :)

Here's one more issue on the Coventry map...
The 88/88A in Balsall Common needs extended along Station Rd and Hallmeadow Rd to it's current terminus location.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on November 18, 2019, 06:54:52 PM
Thanks for the alert   :)

Here's one more issue on the Coventry map...
The 88/88A in Balsall Common needs extended along Station Rd and Hallmeadow Rd to it's current terminus location.

Hi JPC

I have already brought that one to their attention. This should be shown on the new edition which is due in April.

Thanks anyway.

Bus Man K2

Bus Man K2

1st Dec 2019 edition of Solihull area map available at Stourbridge Bus staton now.

Crosville

I'm thinking, on Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton maps, whether to colour code the operator such as NEWM routes would be red, Diamond, navy blue, Arriva light blue, Stagecoach maybe orange, other operators grey, like County Durham do on there map, or would that be too much of a mess?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Crosville on December 08, 2019, 07:55:57 AM
I'm thinking, on Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton maps, whether to colour code the operator such as NEWM routes would be red, Diamond, navy blue, Arriva light blue, Stagecoach maybe orange, other operators grey, like County Durham do on there map, or would that be too much of a mess?

No it they wouldn't look a mess, but it would cost the tax payers a lot of money. I know S&D and Cov have been colour coded, but the operator wanted those to be colour coded. Also Cov one works as NXC want to keep there network separate to the other areas.

Crosville

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 08, 2019, 08:49:06 AM
No it they wouldn't look a mess, but it would cost the tax payers a lot of money. I know S&D and Cov have been colour coded, but the operator wanted those to be colour coded. Also Cov one works as NXC want to keep there network separate to the other areas.

Fair enough, was just an idea. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk