News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

June Changes

Started by the trainbasher, April 23, 2019, 06:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Just noticed via bustimes.org that some routes, including the PN7 are having some changes made to times.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steve3229vp

I thought the X7 was going in June ?

Stu

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 23, 2019, 06:18:53 PM
Just noticed via bustimes.org that some routes, including the PN7 are having some changes made to times.

Summer timetables perhaps?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

Solo1

Is there a list of the June changes

TT90

Anyone know what will be replacing the X7 between WN and Dudley to keep the 10 mins frequency ?

I'm assuming the new X8 timetable, with any amendments will be on traveline / NX website soon ?

Jack6101

Quote from: TT90 on April 23, 2019, 10:29:56 PM
Anyone know what will be replacing the X7 between WN and Dudley to keep the 10 mins frequency ?

I'm assuming the new X8 timetable, with any amendments will be on traveline / NX website soon ?
There's changes to the 126 aswell the same day
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

fleetline6477

Quote from: Jack6101 on April 24, 2019, 05:40:31 AM
There's changes to the 126 aswell the same day

Does this mean that alternate 126s will continue through to Wolverhampton?

Quote from: fleetline6477 on April 24, 2019, 08:16:46 PM
Does this mean that alternate 126s will continue through to Wolverhampton?
Nothing has been publically announced to say whats changing to the 126 yet.
From what I can see it could just be a timetable change. If it remains at its present frequency likely so.
126 is every 15 minutes, X8 is every 20. So there's no way they can be coordinated at the present frequency. Registration on the VOSA site does still show Birmingham to Dudley.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: 2206 on April 24, 2019, 08:41:22 PM
Nothing has been publically announced to say whats changing to the 126 yet.
From what I can see it could just be a timetable change. If it remains at its present frequency likely so.
126 is every 15 minutes, X8 is every 20. So there's no way they can be coordinated at the present frequency. Registration on the VOSA site does still show Birmingham to Dudley.

Makes you wonder if they are going to reintroduce the 126 between Dudley & Wolverhampton again, have to say all this chopping and changing with routes doesn't portray a very good image!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

DJ

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 24, 2019, 11:04:59 PM
Makes you wonder if they are going to reintroduce the 126 between Dudley & Wolverhampton again, have to say all this chopping and changing with routes doesn't portray a very good image!

The most likely option is to have every other X8 run short to Dudley, it could also free up Platinums for elsewhere.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Is the X7 the route when introduced, was serving a new section of route not previously served or something?

I take it that route didnt work out then?

Quote from: Westy on April 25, 2019, 11:11:01 AM
Is the X7 the route when introduced, was serving a new section of route not previously served or something?

I take it that route didnt work out then?
WN X7 is basically an express version of the WB 87.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

What I can't understand is why the ☓7 stops running so early in the day. Surely if you're going to try a route like this you go all out rather than half-cut sort of thing? Seems to me like it was doomed to fail from the start.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on April 25, 2019, 11:33:06 AM
What I can't understand is why the ☓7 stops running so early in the day. Surely if you're going to try a route like this you go all out rather than half-cut sort of thing? Seems to me like it was doomed to fail from the start.
Might have been a bit busier if it was able to serve Summerfield Park as well - busy stop for both 82/87 and 11 from what I've seen when I've been there in the past rather than going right onto Heath Street.
Though I suppose that might mean it would be taken through the traffic it was intended to avoid in the first place.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk