News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

June Changes

Started by the trainbasher, April 23, 2019, 06:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 17, 2019, 09:12:30 PM
What does his statement even mean?

The 7 service on an evening will have journey's operating from Dudley to Wynall, only every other journey will fo to Wollaston Junction.

The point i was trying to make is that I doubt if many passengers will travel beyond Lye Cross, so why not terminate those journeys there instead of wasting time and money going to Wynall.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 17, 2019, 09:25:22 PM
The 7 service on an evening will have journey's operating from Dudley to Wynall, only every other journey will fo to Wollaston Junction.

The point i was trying to make is that I doubt if many passengers will travel beyond Lye Cross, so why not terminate those journeys there instead of wasting time and money going to Wynall.

Because there would be too much dead time between journeys. We're getting 5 mins at Wynall. Which would've been 12-15 mins at Lye with no lay-by stop to wait at.

Several passengers do travel past Lye. But not enough to justify a half hourly service all the way to Wollaston

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on May 17, 2019, 11:12:50 PM
Because there would be too much dead time between journeys. We're getting 5 mins at Wynall. Which would've been 12-15 mins at Lye with no lay-by stop to wait at.

Several passengers do travel past Lye. But not enough to justify a half hourly service all the way to Wollaston

Yes @Dom I guessed after looking at the timetable that is why it had been done.

Since I recently moved, the 7 is my local route and certainly on an evening around Stourbridge it isn't very well patronised. Saying that, coming the other way past Lye, it does seem a bit better patronised, with quite a few people travelling onto Pedmore Fields, then virtually an empty bus from there to Stourbridge.

It's a shame there isn't enough time for the bus to get to Pedmore Fields although even if there were, there is no where for a bus to turn. The only possible alternative would be from Pedmore Fields for it to continue down Walker Avenue, then turn right on Wollescote Road, then left onto Springfield Avenue before normal line of route. This couldn't be done really as it would probably be to confusing for passengers.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Well surely there could be worthwhile making it into a 7A and running it direct from Lye Cross to Stourbridge along the 9 route

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 18, 2019, 12:06:51 AM
Well surely there could be worthwhile making it into a 7A and running it direct from Lye Cross to Stourbridge along the 9 route

That would be another idea!

Have always said in the past, I don't know why they don't get rid of the 298/9 and divert one 7 an hour via the 298/9 route around Springfield Avenue in Lye and Hagley Road Stourbridge. But that's another subject!

Dom

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 18, 2019, 12:06:51 AM

Why? The 9 runs frequently along there? If passengers want a service to Stourbridge, the 9 is every 10 mins. From Dudley the 6 is every 10 or so mins.

Personally, I don't believe a '7A' would hold any more value than running to Wynall.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Dom on May 19, 2019, 10:59:05 AM
Why? The 9 runs frequently along there? If passengers want a service to Stourbridge, the 9 is every 10 mins. From Dudley the 6 is every 10 or so mins.

Personally, I don't believe a '7A' would hold any more value than running to Wynall.

Frequently? At nights (which I'm suggesting) it is every 20.

Plus terminating at stourbridge is better than terminating at Wynall (at least the drivers have facilities in stourbridge if needed instead of being in the middle of an housing estate and its roughly the same amount of time if buses avoid lye high street).

Oh, I forgot, I'm thinking too logically.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ginger66

Just noticed NWM updated time tables on Harborne Road for 10 service and are using the old bus-n logo still on timetables in shelter poster.  Surely it should be west midlands bus logo as it is the new branding.

Jack D

Any bus stop flags changed along Coleshill Road yet?

SK68MEV

Quote from: Jack D on May 30, 2019, 08:17:10 AM
Any bus stop flags changed along Coleshill Road yet?
why
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Quote from: SK68MEV on May 30, 2019, 09:21:31 AM
why
The 55 is being rerouted around the Fox & Goose and will be using Coleshill Road rather than Stechford Road/Stechford Lane.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Is this going to be a long term or permanent change? The notice in the buses say it's because of roadworks, but surely that would only be for a couple of weeks?

Quote from: Gareth on May 30, 2019, 09:56:49 AM
Is this going to be a long term or permanent change? The notice in the buses say it's because of roadworks, but surely that would only be for a couple of weeks?
The signs say the roadworks last till Winter 2020.
The roadworks have been there for a  long time now as well.
Previously they were doing utility works for the new housing seemingly and there were temporary traffic lights causing delays.
Currently they are now completely changing the road layout and widening the road and also widening the bridge over the river.
The 55 doesn't serve Station Road, but the roadworks have caused lots of disruption to that route as well as the 11 due to slow moving traffic on surrounding roads. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SK68MEV

Quote from: 2206 on May 30, 2019, 10:16:14 AM
The signs say the roadworks last till Winter 2020.
The roadworks have been there for a  long time now as well.
Previously they were doing utility works for the new housing seemingly and there were temporary traffic lights causing delays.
Currently they are now completely changing the road layout and widening the road and bridge over the river.
The 55 doesn't serve Station Road, but the roadworks have caused lots of disruption to that route as well as the 11 due to slow moving traffic on surrounding roads.
yeh as you get stuck into traffic and it's standstill for over 30 mins at peak
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

monkeyjoe

Drove past this evening and no bus stops changed. This means ventnor avenue getting city centre frequencies like the old days .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk