News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

TfWM corporate branding

Started by RW, June 25, 2018, 07:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Given all the current noise regarding TfWM corporate branding and liveries does anyone have an understanding of the implications for NXWM vehicles? I assume the 2 tone red livery for buses is the existing NXWM livery. But does it mean that all other operators will have to paint their vehicles in that same livery? And will all vehicles including NXWM have to be branded with the new TfWM logo for buses? Has it actually been approved yet for buses, trams and trains or are they proposals at present?

Kevin_Brum12

The branding is now on trams and trains and did appear on bus stops in Birmingham City Centre during pride weekend.  However, I can see any attempt to force operators to adopt a standard livery being resisted, as it would mean their brands being diluted. 

Westy

Comprimise.

Paint the front of the bus only in whatever livery TFWM choose, leaving the rest of the bus in the operators own livery!

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on June 25, 2018, 10:28:44 PM
The branding is now on trams and trains and did appear on bus stops in Birmingham City Centre during pride weekend.  However, I can see any attempt to force operators to adopt a standard livery being resisted, as it would mean their brands being diluted.
I think the idea of a standard livery to be a bit far fetched because Diamond, Arriva, Stagecoach etc operate outside the TfWM area as well as in it so they couldn't participate in a standard livery. It is more likely that buses will keep there existing liveries and identities with just the new TfWM "West Midlands" logo added as well

RW

Quote from: RW on June 25, 2018, 07:05:22 PM
Given all the current noise regarding TfWM corporate branding and liveries does anyone have an understanding of the implications for NXWM vehicles? I assume the 2 tone red livery for buses is the existing NXWM livery. But does it mean that all other operators will have to paint their vehicles in that same livery? And will all vehicles including NXWM have to be branded with the new TfWM logo for buses? Has it actually been approved yet for buses, trams and trains or are they proposals at present?

Tony, do you have any knowledge of the practical implications of these proposals you are able to share?

Tony

Quote from: RW on June 26, 2018, 01:54:05 PM
Tony, do you have any knowledge of the practical implications of these proposals you are able to share?

I have some knowledge, but am unable to share

Steveminor

As far as trains go. I cannot see corporate branding applied to London north western chiltern mainline arriva trains cross country or virgin west coast, as all these operators run well beyond the wmca area which leaves only a few trains really (The old Centro branded lines) in the new corporate identity diluting the effect TfWM wish to achieve. However I feel there are  exciting times ahead.

RW

Quote from: Tony on June 26, 2018, 05:28:03 PM
I have some knowledge, but am unable to share

Ok, thanks Tony. No details but can you say whether actions have been formally agreed or is it all just speculation at this point in time?

Steveminor

No one is allowed to say anything at this point so no point asking!!!!

Dom

Quote from: RW on June 26, 2018, 08:21:18 PM
Ok, thanks Tony. No details but can you say whether actions have been formally agreed or is it all just speculation at this point in time?

Nothing can be said.

RW

Quote from: Steveminor on June 26, 2018, 08:51:16 PM
No one is allowed to say anything at this point so no point asking!!!!

Good grief didn't realise bus, trams and train liveries and branding are covered by the Official Secrets Act. 😉 No doubt all will be revealed in due course.

Tony

Quote from: RW on June 27, 2018, 09:20:08 AM
Good grief didn't realise bus, trams and train liveries and branding are covered by the Official Secrets Act. 😉 No doubt all will be revealed in due course.

When any company in any industry changes and corporate logos or branding does it tell people before an official launch?

Why do people think the transport industry should be different?

Wait until a launch like you would if you were interested in any other company

RW

Quote from: Tony on June 27, 2018, 09:33:40 AM
When any company in any industry changes and corporate logos or branding does it tell people before an official launch?

Why do people think the transport industry should be different?

Wait until a launch like you would if you were interested in any other company

I think the emoji was the clue Tony!

CL

Quote from: RW on June 27, 2018, 03:25:46 PM
I think the emoji was the clue Tony!
Emojis won't appear on some platforms (i.e. Windows PC, etc..)

I tend to steer clear from using emojis on forums; I use the default ones instead ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

RW

Quote from: CL on June 27, 2018, 03:39:31 PM
Emojis won't appear on some platforms (i.e. Windows PC, etc..)

I tend to steer clear from using emojis on forums; I use the default ones instead ;)

Thanks for that CL. Learn something new every day. In any event I'm sure Tony didn't take my reference to the Official Secrets Act seriously.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk