News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

For Sale

Started by Tony, June 29, 2012, 10:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Winston on February 22, 2013, 04:59:08 PM
Quote from: bowler on February 22, 2013, 04:36:12 PM
take a look at this link
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/
and go to n & P   and then westmidlands 2013  22/2/13
stuff on there about  Kidderminster and Redditch  diamond depots

Blimey the authorisation @ Tividale depot has dropped to 128

I saw this and wondered what it was before. The number 194 pops into mind but Im not sure-I might have just made this up

tank90

And Plymouth Road has gained 10 slots from 50 to 60, but Kidder has 40 which could be because they are taking on some services maybe.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

tank90

Looking futher down the Potteries may be gaining some of Worcesters Volvos in March as I cant see First giving Potteries Enviro 300's from Redditch.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on February 22, 2013, 05:01:52 PM
take a look at this link

I saw this and wondered what it was before. The number 194 pops into mind but Im not sure-I might have just made this up

I think when they absorbed Hill Top's allocation under Go West Midlands 228 buses rings a bell......

winston

take a look at this link

Looking on the Rotala website, it states the Black Diamonds fleet size is/was 112 buses, so has it been increased? Will some work transfer in from Blue Diamond & Long Acre be shut as an operational garage. It looks as though the 50 is moving to Redditch, will the 16 move back to Tividale along with other work from Long Acre?

busfan2847

Quote from: Winston on February 22, 2013, 06:15:19 PM
take a look at this link

I think when they absorbed Hill Top's allocation under Go West Midlands 228 buses rings a bell......

You are correct. I have 228v recorded when they took over Go West Midlands.

busfan2847

Quote from: Winston on February 23, 2013, 12:22:12 AM

Looking on the Rotala website, it states the Black Diamonds fleet size is/was 112 buses, so has it been increased? Will some work transfer in from Blue Diamond & Long Acre be shut as an operational garage. It looks as though the 50 is moving to Redditch, will the 16 move back to Tividale along with other work from Long Acre?

Isn't 128 just the maximum number of vehicles authorized at the site and not necessarily the actual number.

D10

Quote from: busfan2847 on February 23, 2013, 12:48:25 AM
Quote from: Winston on February 23, 2013, 12:22:12 AM

Isn't 128 just the maximum number of vehicles authorized at the site and not necessarily the actual number.

Yes absolutely, it means they can run up to that number of vehicles, so the actual number is likely to be slightly less to give room for more vehicles to be operated if the need arises.

sconehead85

Any news about NORTHAMPTON ?

sconehead85

winston

Quote from: sconehead85 on February 24, 2013, 07:07:13 PM
Any news about NORTHAMPTON ?

sconehead85

All rumours regarding the areas on the original for sale list seem to have gone quiet. I would think that something will happen between now & the end of March which will be the end of First Groups financial year. As I've posted further up this thread the most rumours have been suggested First may be prepared to sell the entire London business

sconehead85

Winston-  Were talking 1050 vehicles and ten depots here! Could it be that First may retain a SMALLER presence in London by selling off SOME depots?  .  The only takers would be a combination of Arriva, Abellio, Go-Ahead , RATP and Stagecoach.  I dont think Rotala could afford London, and Transdev would be an outside bet.  My hunch is SOME depots will be sold but First keeping five or six of the 10 depots.  Desperation to sell doesnt mean willingness for others to buy.

sconehead85

Tony

Quote from: sconehead85 on February 24, 2013, 09:32:53 PM
Winston-  Were talking 1050 vehicles and ten depots here! Could it be that First may retain a SMALLER presence in London by selling off SOME depots?  .  The only takers would be a combination of Arriva, Abellio, Go-Ahead , RATP and Stagecoach.  I dont think Rotala could afford London, and Transdev would be an outside bet.  My hunch is SOME depots will be sold but First keeping five or six of the 10 depots.  Desperation to sell doesnt mean willingness for others to buy.

sconehead85

Northumberland Park is apparently in a bit of danger after losing several services

winston

Quote from: Tony on February 24, 2013, 09:40:01 PM

sconehead85

Northumberland Park is apparently in a bit of danger after losing several services

NP was sold to Go-Ahead last year, do you not mean First's Dagenham depot which has lost nearly half of its pvr about 45 buses worth of work to Stagecoach London?

Tony

Quote from: Winston on February 24, 2013, 09:48:52 PM
Quote from: Tony on February 24, 2013, 09:40:01 PM

sconehead85

That's the one

NP was sold to Go-Ahead last year, do you not mean First's Dagenham depot which has lost nearly half of its pvr about 45 buses worth of work to Stagecoach London?

winston

sconehead85

Firsts London business is down to 883 (11.57% market share) buses since the sale of NP & only 9 depots remain. Go-Ahead are unlikey to be able to buy anymore as they are too near the max 25% market share threshold (currently at 23.69% with 1809 buses inc NP).

There is nothing to suggest that NX wouldn't be interested in making a retain to London (for the 4th time) with a much bigger operation possibly being for sale? The reason they sold Travel London last time was that it was a none core business due to its small size & would require too much investment to build it up at the time NX have high debt levels, obviously NX group are now under the helm of a different Chief Exec & also a former First Man who may know the business well 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk