News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

For Sale

Started by Tony, June 29, 2012, 10:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

Quote from: tank90 on February 25, 2013, 07:43:36 PM
All of firsts buses have been sent to the depots and some have started to loose some of there branding as well like the First (f) on the front and back in some cases. As for Diamond I wouldnt know but sunday is a quiet day for both garages anyway, less so for Redditch. Saturday night will be busy in Plymouth Road and or Sunday Morning with a load of Enviro 300s moving to Worcester on mass or in groups.
Kidderminster  closed on sundays   
diamond 8\10/125/292

Ash

Quote from: Peter123 on February 25, 2013, 07:49:23 PM
Quote from: tank90 on February 25, 2013, 07:47:59 PM
Quote from: bowler on February 25, 2013, 07:39:02 PM
Quote from: tank90 on February 25, 2013, 07:27:25 PM
Quote from: bowler on February 25, 2013, 07:23:50 PM
check this link first  have finally put something on there website   
http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/worcestershire_herefordshire/travel_news/news_initiatives/?item=9581&conf=0

as have diamond.
http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/DiamondareexpandinginWorcestershire_69.html

and they have released there fares too

http://www.diamondbuses.com/tickets.html

I had seen the diamond information on there site  ,  the links I  posted for first there site did  not have that information on at lunchtime  late as usual
First are never early with anything are they?
They will even be late as usual on Saturday as well, they were late as MRW and FMR they may have to change now lol

Peter if you look at the map it sort of explains it self. the Extra covers Tardebigge up to Bordsley (Bromsgrove) and Studley while the £1.80 covers every service in Redditch and the £1.50 will cover 51 55 56 57 58

Oops, didnt look at the map-my bad

All these low fares make black/blue diamond look expensive but there again they have longer journeys and some of black diamond's fares are very reasonable such as Walsall to Hayley Green (Halesowen) or Merry Hill for £2.50 Return even if the 4M takes you around an hour and 20 minutes one way.

PM

Quote from: Ash on February 25, 2013, 07:52:16 PM
http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/worcestershire_herefordshire/travel_news/news_initiatives/?item=9581&conf=0

as have diamond.

I had seen the diamond information on there site  ,  the links I  posted for first there site did  not have that information on at lunchtime  late as usual
They will even be late as usual on Saturday as well, they were late as MRW and FMR they may have to change now lol

Peter if you look at the map it sort of explains it self. the Extra covers Tardebigge up to Bordsley (Bromsgrove) and Studley while the £1.80 covers every service in Redditch and the £1.50 will cover 51 55 56 57 58

All these low fares make black/blue diamond look expensive but there again they have longer journeys and some of black diamond's fares are very reasonable such as Walsall to Hayley Green (Halesowen) or Merry Hill for £2.50 Return even if the 4M takes you around an hour and 20 minutes one way.

They do sort of defy the myth that bus fares outside of birmingham are expensive although diamond's cross border pass which covers everywhere is quite expensive.

tank90

Quote from: bowler on February 25, 2013, 07:52:01 PM
Quote from: tank90 on February 25, 2013, 07:43:36 PM
All of firsts buses have been sent to the depots and some have started to loose some of there branding as well like the First (f) on the front and back in some cases. As for Diamond I wouldnt know but sunday is a quiet day for both garages anyway, less so for Redditch. Saturday night will be busy in Plymouth Road and or Sunday Morning with a load of Enviro 300s moving to Worcester on mass or in groups.
Kidderminster  closed on sundays   
Yeah, the tumble weed is active tho on Sundays lol
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

tank90

Quote from: Peter123 on February 25, 2013, 07:53:49 PM
Quote from: Ash on February 25, 2013, 07:52:16 PM

as have diamond.

They do sort of defy the myth that bus fares outside of birmingham are expensive although diamond's cross border pass which covers everywhere is quite expensive.
I would agree with that its a 40p increase to get to Kidder and Bromsgrove from Redditch and Kidder to Bromsgrove and Redditch.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

It will be interesting to see if the 202 remains at Tividale or whether it will get transferred to the Redditch depot although then the service would lose it's royale centro's.

tank90

Quote from: Ash on February 25, 2013, 07:59:11 PM
It will be interesting to see if the 202 remains at Tividale or whether it will get transferred to the Redditch depot although then the service would lose it's royale centro's.

sounds harsh but would that be a problem as then the 4 could get them

Dan

Tony

Had an update on the changes
42641, the last new 'real' Midland Red West vehicle is now not to transfer, but will be used for spares at Worcester, 42401 will replace it at Redditch
11 Enviro 300s are to transfer to Worcester to replace their last MRW Lance; 4 'ODZ' Lances and 6 'R' reg dats. 1 Enviro is to transfer to Hereford to replace 42401. The other 4 Enviro 300s are to be temporarily stored at Hereford

Ash

Quote from: tank90 on February 25, 2013, 08:03:13 PM
Quote from: Ash on February 25, 2013, 07:59:11 PM

sounds harsh but would that be a problem as then the 4 could get them

I doubt the 4 would get the centro's they would mostly likely go on the 301 as the service normally see's 1 or 2 centro's daily depending if there all available for service. Even though I would like to see them on the 4/4H/4M more often than just Sunday's.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on February 25, 2013, 08:05:47 PM
42641, the last new 'real' Midland Red West vehicle is now not to transfer, but will be used for spares at Worcester, 42401 will replace it at Redditch
11 Enviro 300s are to transfer to Worcester to replace their last MRW Lance; 4 'ODZ' Lances and 6 'R' reg dats. 1 Enviro is to transfer to Hereford to replace 42401. The other 4 Enviro 300s are to be temporarily stored at Hereford

So Rotala have paid £1.5m for two bus depots and a fleet of knackered old vehicles? I wonder now why NXWM weren't interested...  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

£1.5 million for 35 buses in areas where rotala already operate/near where they operate where buses are busy is a good deal and per bus it works out as good value compared to what stagecoach offered/nearly had north devon for. It's a good price and rotala should do well out of it provided they do not allocate too many mpds and solos to what are busy routes and need full sized single deckers.

jc

The Enviros are set to leave Redditch on saturday night, being collected by staff from Hereford and Worcester, the 4 stored at Hereford will be phased into service by May. No doubt 67644, 67645 or 67646 will cover the late night services in Redditch on saturday night.

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on February 25, 2013, 08:48:32 PM
£1.5 million for 35 buses in areas where rotala already operate/near where they operate where buses are busy is a good deal and per bus it works out as good value compared to what stagecoach offered/nearly had north devon for. It's a good price and rotala should do well out of it provided they do not allocate too many mpds and solos to what are busy routes and need full sized single deckers.

The Redditch acquisition by Rotala could still yet be referred to the Oft. Some of the other deals have been referred after the sale completion has gone through

winston

Quote from: Stu on February 25, 2013, 08:41:04 PM

So Rotala have paid £1.5m for two bus depots and a fleet of knackered old vehicles? I wonder now why NXWM weren't interested...  ;D

The old vehicles wouldn't have been an issue for NX, they could have pulled some out of the reserve fleet initially & upgraded the fleet as the 130 new buses arrive & allow for cascades

Ash

Quote from: Winston on February 25, 2013, 08:56:30 PM
Quote from: Stu on February 25, 2013, 08:41:04 PM

The old vehicles wouldn't have been an issue from NX, they could have pulled some out of the reserve fleet initially & upgraded the fleet as the 130 new buses arrive & allow for cascades

I would think Rotala might do the same and bring in their own vehicles cascaded from other parts of the business including the ones painted in all over blue being used currently by black diamond.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk