News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: uniquicity on May 31, 2014, 06:44:18 PM
813 has some side adverts above the windows advertising the £8 ticket I think

808 at Central also has these now

uniquicity

Most have the WB ones have them now, apart from 815 which I saw on Monday

domino.99

Ive just had confirmation that the mercs and b6's are being withdrawn at the end of the month and that wb will be having e400h's for the 74

Tony

Quote from: NXDom on June 06, 2014, 08:03:02 AM
Ive just had confirmation that the mercs and b6's are being withdrawn at the end of the month and that wb will be having e400h's for the 74

Confirmed by who?

No new buses will be delivered in June so West Bromwich will be very short of buses if the B6s and Mercs are withdrawn.

This story was also posted on WMbus yahoo group 'confirmed by the WB garage manager' which is also incorrect

danny

Are NXWM even due E400Hs this year? Thought it would just be the MMC model.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

winston

Quote from: danny on June 06, 2014, 09:27:21 AM
Are NXWM even due E400Hs this year? Thought it would just be the MMC model.

The E400H's are Hybrids for starters, so definitely not.

I believe NXWM are due some further E400's this year (as the current design) before changing to the E400 MMC

wbdriver

we are getting some enviro darts like the dundee ones and i think some long wheel base enviro 200s from July onwards, fresh from the factory as the union chaps said last night to replace the darts, b6s and mercs. about 10 of each. no mention of any new deckers at all.

nothing else to report at the minute.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Trident 4609

Quote from: wbdriver on June 06, 2014, 09:59:17 AM
we are getting some enviro darts like the dundee ones and i think some long wheel base enviro 200s from July onwards, fresh from the factory as the union chaps said last night to replace the darts, b6s and mercs. about 10 of each. no mention of any new deckers at all.

I've also heard talk of new E200's for WN to replace B6's however it has been said WN are not due to recieve any new buses this so must be incorrect. I also wonder if WA will actually recieve any E200's like previously suggested?

winston

Quote from: Nathan on June 06, 2014, 10:43:26 AM
Quote from: wbdriver on June 06, 2014, 09:59:17 AM

I've also heard talk of new E200's for WN to replace B6's however it has been said WN are not due to recieve any new buses this so must be incorrect. I also wonder if WA will actually recieve any E200's like previously suggested?

Nathan, WA had only bid for new E200's, they didn't confirm that they were getting them. That was also over 7 months ago, so no doubt plans will have changed since then.

Trident 4609

@Winston Thats why i said 'I wonder if'.  Has the delivery date been put back for the new buses for this year to July?

winston

Quote from: Nathan on June 06, 2014, 11:44:25 AM
@Winston Thats why i said 'I wonder if'.  Has the delivery date been put back for the new buses for this year to July?

Don't think so, WB Driver has confirmed above that E200's will start arriving from July.

An NXWM E400 was also sighted at Falkirk a week ago

Trident 4609

Quote from: Winston on June 06, 2014, 11:48:26 AM
Quote from: Nathan on June 06, 2014, 11:44:25 AM

Don't think so, WB Driver has confirmed above that E200's will start arriving from July.

An NXWM E400 was also sighted at Falkirk a week ago

Cheers Winston :)

danny

@Winston surprisingly I did know that the E400H was the hybrid version which is why I was quite shocked .

Realistically speaking how many E200s would be needed to see off the mercs and B6s. And would more have to be instated then that of the number of buses withdrawn. As I don't frequent WB very often I don't no if the mercs. Are used to capacity hence.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

uniquicity

Well there are 11 B6LEs and 8 Darts, so if 20 Enviro200s are on order then these will replace them almost like for like. Does that mean some Mercs are being replaced by cascades from elsewhere?

PM

Quote from: uniquicity on June 06, 2014, 04:06:41 PM
Well there are 11 B6LEs and 8 Darts, so if 20 Enviro200s are on order then these will replace them almost like for like. Does that mean some Mercs are being replaced by cascades from elsewhere?

Presumably B7TLs could replace Mercs on routes like the 48 and then, as you say, darts and b6s replaced by nice new e200s. No doubt slightly less e200's could replace the b6s and darts as they will probably be more reliable?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk