News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Michael on May 25, 2014, 12:53:30 AM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 24, 2014, 09:39:40 PM
Quote from: fleetline6477 on May 24, 2014, 09:36:03 PM
Forgive me if this question has been asked elsewhere in this thread.

WB have the main depot and the overspill yard. This evening I was driving up Spon Lane with 4234 in front of me and a Dudley Road branded Gemini behind me both not in service. After passing the Police Station 4234 proceeded round to the depot and the Gemini pulled into the overspill yard.

Three questions
1. How do drivers know which location to take the bus to, does the running board specify?
2. If buses go directly to the overspill yard how do they get fuelled and washed?
3. At the start of the morning shift I assume drivers collect their bus either from the depot or overspill yard. Do
   certain running boards begin from one as opposed to the other.  If drivers don't know where the bus for their
   running board is in advance doesn't this lead to late starts since it takes about 5 minutes to walk from depot to the
   overspill yard?

I hope this makes sense.

1) Running board specifies.

2) Shunter takes them back over to the depot.

3) Allocation sheets dictate where the vehicle is.

How many vehicles does the overspill yard hold?

Also does anyone know how many vehicles are allocated to WB.

Just trying to work out how many buses they'd need to lose, to get rid of the overspill yard.

WB's allocation is around 163.

I think the overflow yard holds around 30 buses

uniquicity

There's a view on bing or Google maps which shows the yard full up. Think it had 45 vehicles, so basically the same size as Bordesley allocation wise.

winston

Quote from: uniquicity on May 25, 2014, 01:37:25 AM
There's a view on bing or Google maps which shows the yard full up. Think it had 45 vehicles, so basically the same size as Bordesley allocation wise.

Didn't realize it held that many. So the main WB garage capacity is similar to Pensnett's then i.e. can accommodate 120 buses

37351ml

The Sunday decker boards are out on the 5 all day.

wbdriver

Quote from: Michael on May 25, 2014, 12:53:30 AM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 24, 2014, 09:39:40 PM
Quote from: fleetline6477 on May 24, 2014, 09:36:03 PM
Forgive me if this question has been asked elsewhere in this thread.

WB have the main depot and the overspill yard. This evening I was driving up Spon Lane with 4234 in front of me and a Dudley Road branded Gemini behind me both not in service. After passing the Police Station 4234 proceeded round to the depot and the Gemini pulled into the overspill yard.

Three questions
1. How do drivers know which location to take the bus to, does the running board specify?
2. If buses go directly to the overspill yard how do they get fuelled and washed?
3. At the start of the morning shift I assume drivers collect their bus either from the depot or overspill yard. Do
   certain running boards begin from one as opposed to the other.  If drivers don't know where the bus for their
   running board is in advance doesn't this lead to late starts since it takes about 5 minutes to walk from depot to the
   overspill yard?

I hope this makes sense.

1) Running board specifies.

2) Shunter takes them back over to the depot.

3) Allocation sheets dictate where the vehicle is.

How many vehicles does the overspill yard hold?

Also does anyone know how many vehicles are allocated to WB.

Just trying to work out how many buses they'd need to lose, to get rid of the overspill yard.

1 - only late night drivers can drop their bus off at Oak Road on a night. all other drivers finishing at garage MUST take it down to the main garage.

2 and 3 correct.

i think max capacity up OR is 45ish. any bus except darts can end up there, including branded buses. its the luck of the draw when you book on in the morning. Drivers can either catch a lift with a passing bus, walk or catch the WB Mobile (garage Vauxhall Astra) up there.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Liverpool Street

@wbdriver - Just using BC standard for answering, sorry about number 1.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

fleetline6477

1 - only late night drivers can drop their bus off at Oak Road on a night. all other drivers finishing at garage MUST take it down to the main garage.

[/quote]

WB driver when you say 'only late night drivers can drop their bus off...' I assume you mean drivers who are doing a late night duty but finish in depot after the first part of their duty and then need to get back to the bus station to take up the second part of their duty. By 8p.m. at the latest the overspill yard is full and the gates locked. 

Ashley

1666 and 591 running consecutively on WB40

uniquicity

813 has some side adverts above the windows advertising the £8 ticket I think

uniquicity

Quote from: uniquicity on May 31, 2014, 06:44:18 PM
813 has some side adverts above the windows advertising the £8 ticket I think

811 has these too

Niall

4716 was in the bus station yesterday around 4pm with a couple of engineers on.

816 (I think) was on the 121.

I saw 3 Mercs on the 5: 1653, 1589, and one in TWM livery.

819 was on the 83 at 6:15, I don't know if this usually happens or not?
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Sh4318

@N94 Enviros on the 83/89 are unusual
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ashley

810 4249 and a Gemini on the 5 today
3603 on the 40, no Mercs or deckers so far this week

karl724223

A 87 had a Rta with a car bottom of trindle road earlier

Sh4318

Is there any differences in engine between the 44**/45** and 46** batch of Geminis? I ask because the 46** Geminis seem to have a bit more about them
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk