News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbdriver

1607 was on the 40, followed by the 5 last night. i was driving it.

731 is in the garage at the moment. wondering if we'll get some of those to replace the darts?
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Kiewii

Quote from: wbdriver on May 20, 2014, 11:11:07 AM
731 is in the garage at the moment. wondering if we'll get some of those to replace the darts?

They're actually for Dundee.

winston

Quote from: Kiewii on May 20, 2014, 04:32:17 PM

Kiewii,

I think WB driver was referring to any new ones that may be due, as WB are expecting some new buses

uniquicity

1607 now parked outside the depot looking dead... #1607watch

wbdriver

Quote from: Winston on May 20, 2014, 05:24:43 PM
Quote from: Kiewii on May 20, 2014, 04:32:17 PM

Kiewii,

I think WB driver was referring to any new ones that may be due, as WB are expecting some new buses

correct Winston.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Ashley

Has 1607 been withdrawn?

uniquicity

Whoops. My 48 just turned left at West Cross instead of going straight on. Thought I'd travelled back in time and was on the 448 ;)

Sh4318

Quote from: uniquicity on May 23, 2014, 09:40:34 AM
Whoops. My 48 just turned left at West Cross instead of going straight on. Thought I'd travelled back in time and was on the 448 ;)

@uniquicity did he actually follow the old route to Blue Gates/Devonshire Road or turn around at the next roundabout :)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

uniquicity

No, it turned at the Tollhouse Way roundabout to get back to West Cross. Still got to the university on time. 1666 was the vehicle.

uniquicity

After being thrashed up and down Oldbury Road at 40mph, it did smell of combustion ;)

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

1666 has always had a delightful diesel smell whenever I've ventured out on her, a good Merc that one

Liverpool Street

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on May 23, 2014, 03:38:47 PM
1666 has always had a delightful diesel smell whenever I've ventured out on her, a good Merc that one

Probably not healthy to be breathing those fumes, bro.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

fleetline6477

Forgive me if this question has been asked elsewhere in this thread.

WB have the main depot and the overspill yard. This evening I was driving up Spon Lane with 4234 in front of me and a Dudley Road branded Gemini behind me both not in service. After passing the Police Station 4234 proceeded round to the depot and the Gemini pulled into the overspill yard.

Three questions
1. How do drivers know which location to take the bus to, does the running board specify?
2. If buses go directly to the overspill yard how do they get fuelled and washed?
3. At the start of the morning shift I assume drivers collect their bus either from the depot or overspill yard. Do
   certain running boards begin from one as opposed to the other.  If drivers don't know where the bus for their
   running board is in advance doesn't this lead to late starts since it takes about 5 minutes to walk from depot to the
   overspill yard?

I hope this makes sense.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: fleetline6477 on May 24, 2014, 09:36:03 PM

WB have the main depot and the overspill yard. This evening I was driving up Spon Lane with 4234 in front of me and a Dudley Road branded Gemini behind me both not in service. After passing the Police Station 4234 proceeded round to the depot and the Gemini pulled into the overspill yard.

Three questions
1. How do drivers know which location to take the bus to, does the running board specify?
2. If buses go directly to the overspill yard how do they get fuelled and washed?
3. At the start of the morning shift I assume drivers collect their bus either from the depot or overspill yard. Do
   certain running boards begin from one as opposed to the other.  If drivers don't know where the bus for their
   running board is in advance doesn't this lead to late starts since it takes about 5 minutes to walk from depot to the
   overspill yard?

I hope this makes sense.

1) Running board specifies.

2) Shunter takes them back over to the depot.

3) Allocation sheets dictate where the vehicle is.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

MW

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 24, 2014, 09:39:40 PM
Quote from: fleetline6477 on May 24, 2014, 09:36:03 PM

Three questions
   overspill yard?

I hope this makes sense.

1) Running board specifies.

2) Shunter takes them back over to the depot.

3) Allocation sheets dictate where the vehicle is.

How many vehicles does the overspill yard hold?

Also does anyone know how many vehicles are allocated to WB.

Just trying to work out how many buses they'd need to lose, to get rid of the overspill yard.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk