News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackC

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 27, 2013, 08:13:26 PM
There must be a reason why NXWM don't invest more into WB, because it does need some newer buses.

You could look at it from 2 ways:

1. Problem is i suppose would you want a brand new bus on the 74/75/82/87 given the amount of vandalism, weed smoking, fare evasion etc that goes on. But they could surely cascade some newer buses from other garages to replace the really old ones (not the Presidents as they look really good after refurbishment).

2. Routes like the 74/75/82/87 would be ideal for Hybrid operation, plenty of stop start running and the traffic around Handsworth (must burn gallons of Diesel).

Not just that though, you'd think that WB would get treated to some nice new single deckers to go with our new E200s on its other routes, the 83 and 89 springing to mind aswell as all the various town routes, so we can finally start putting the B6s and Mercs into retirement.

Dylan4579

Quote from: JackC on February 27, 2013, 08:20:21 PM
There must be a reason why NXWM don't invest more into WB, because it does need some newer buses.

1. Problem is i suppose would you want a brand new bus on the 74/75/82/87 given the amount of vandalism, weed smoking, fare evasion etc that goes on. But they could surely cascade some newer buses from other garages to replace the really old ones (not the Presidents as they look really good after refurbishment).

2. Routes like the 74/75/82/87 would be ideal for Hybrid operation, plenty of stop start running and the traffic around Handsworth (must burn gallons of Diesel).
I agree with you, but a President wouldn't be enough capacity for the 87/74/75, but would be enough for the 82. In fact apart form shireland I don't see why the 82 needs a decker, it would be better suited to the 89.   

Not just that though, you'd think that WB would get treated to some nice new single deckers to go with our new E200s on its other routes, the 83 and 89 springing to mind as well as all the various town routes, so we can finally start putting the B6s and Mercs into retirement.
I agree the Mercs are old, noisy, get stuck on hills, and go slowly in the rush hour, and the 53/83 need newer buses, and a decker for the 89.

Stuharris 6360

Not just that though, you'd think that WB would get treated to some nice new single deckers to go with our new E200s on its other routes, the 83 and 89 springing to mind aswell as all the various town routes, so we can finally start putting the B6s and Mercs into retirement.

Surely NXWM must be contemplating what will replace the B6s and Mercs as especially the Mercs are beginning to look quite worn out! The 83/89 could do with new single deckers as a must.

Be careful with your new Enviro 200s, don't get putting to much mileage on them, or it appears (as is the case at PE and their 400s) they will take them off you and bring back the B6s.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Sh4318

Quote from: dgss1 on February 27, 2013, 08:28:37 PM

I agree with you, but a President wouldn't be enough capacity for the 87/74/75, but would be enough for the 82. In fact apart form shireland I don't see why the 82 needs a decker, it would be better suited to the 89.   

Not just that though, you'd think that WB would get treated to some nice new single deckers to go with our new E200s on its other routes, the 83 and 89 springing to mind as well as all the various town routes, so we can finally start putting the B6s and Mercs into retirement.
I agree the Mercs are old, noisy, get stuck on hills, and go slowly in the rush hour, and the 53/83 need newer buses, and a decker for the 89.

The 89 certainly doesn't need deckers. Some new buses for the 83/89 would be nice though, even cascading singles, but that is very unlikely
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

I wouldn't necessarily say the Soho Rd & Dudley Road services have any more issues with the above than any most other B'ham services some of which have received new buses.

I think the problem with upgrading the Soho Road group of services is that is would need a sizeable batch of double deckers due to the Pvr

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on February 27, 2013, 08:34:36 PM

I wouldn't necessarily say the Soho Rd & Dudley Road services have any more issues with the above than any most other B'ham services some of which have received new buses.

I think the problem with upgrading the Soho Road group of services is that is would need a sizeable batch of double deckers due to the Pvr

True Winston, especially as the 82/87 now interwork. As an aside, do like it now the 82/87 go round the city now, pity they didn't go along Colmore Row, but then i think you can catch the Colmore Row services on Great Charles Street/Paradise Circus Bus Hub.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ash

Quote from: Winston on February 27, 2013, 08:06:24 PM
Quote from: Ash on February 27, 2013, 08:02:21 PM
Quote from: Winston on February 27, 2013, 07:59:08 PM
Quote from: don on February 27, 2013, 06:21:41 PM
Quote from: Tony on February 27, 2013, 05:47:51 PM
West Bromwich are not due to receive any new buses from the 2013 order

This is extremely surprising given the number of old vehicles they have......perhaps some fairly new cascades will be provided? When you compare it with the likes of Wolverhampton, which has been remarked before has/will have over 35% of its vehicles less than 18 months old when the hybrids start operating.

And me considering that Sandwell has only recently had a network review which has resulted in arrival of 12 new Enviro 200's, this account for less than 10% of WB's fleet

WB's average fleet age would have been less but it lost it's 20 omnilinks to Walsall when the 404 transferred.

It may not have changed that much as the fleet would have been bigger than at present, i.e. they lost 20 buses to WA & only had 5/6 in return

WB lost the 20 omnilinks but gained quite a few presidents to run the 75 along with b6le's from Walsall in return.

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 27, 2013, 08:40:28 PM

True Winston, especially as the 82/87 now interwork. As an aside, do like it now the 82/87 go round the city now, pity they didn't go along Colmore Row, but then i think you can catch the Colmore Row services on Great Charles Street/Paradise Circus Bus Hub.

I assume NX could upgrade a few routes along different corridors / from different garages with the size of batch of new buses needed to upgrade the Soho Rd

Ash

Quote from: Winston on February 27, 2013, 08:49:52 PM

I assume NX could upgrade a few routes along different corridors / from different garages with the size of batch of new buses needed to upgrade the Soho Rd

I think the gemini's suit the 74/75 some just need a refurb but the ones that have been done are in good condition and look relatively new, in comparison the alx400 are in an awful condition (the unrefurbed ones) the seats are threadbare and the buses are just dirty.

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on February 27, 2013, 08:54:11 PM
Quote from: Winston on February 27, 2013, 08:49:52 PM

I think the gemini's suit the 74/75 some just need a refurb but the ones that have been done are in good condition and look relatively new, in comparison the alx400 are in an awful condition (the unrefurbed ones) the seats are threadbare and the buses are just dirty.

I agree with you about the ALXs, the 74/75 get a good mix of ALX400s and Geminis
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ash

Quote from: nobody on February 28, 2013, 08:15:43 PM
3610 now SORN.

How do people find out which vehicles are SORN is there a website or just know internally.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: nobody on February 28, 2013, 08:15:43 PM
3610 now SORN.

That's the one with the private plate isn't it? Presume the plate will go down with the bus as it isn't really relevant to anything anymore

Ash

Quote from: nobody on February 28, 2013, 08:29:05 PM
Telepathy. Or the Directgov DVLA site.

They've actually cleaned the glass on the rear blinds on some of the remaining Darts now so you can see the route number.

Ok thank you, yeah 3610 has an Conex registration plate and is C8NEX.

Stuharris 6360

probably a daft question, i'm full of them, but why are NXWM withdrawing W reg ALX200s when there are still P reg B6s on the road?

CRP2012

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 28, 2013, 09:20:40 PM
probably a daft question, i'm full of them, but why are NXWM withdrawing W reg ALX200s when there are still P reg B6s on the road?

because its 2 different sort of bus classes, Midibuses vs minibuses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk