News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zander

Has 4275 finally gone for scrap? Saw it getting winched up to a tow truck on Wednesday morning

ANDYWMPTE

Have 4264 and 4273 also gone for scrap? As both were parked next to 4275

Tony

Quote from: ANDYWMPTE on October 13, 2020, 07:07:07 PM
Have 4264 and 4273 also gone for scrap? As both were parked next to 4275

4273 isn't withdrawn, let alone gone for scrap.  I haven't had confirmation of 4264 yet, but it is going if it hasn't already

BN

Quote from: Tony on October 13, 2020, 07:23:28 PM
4273 isn't withdrawn, let alone gone for scrap.  I haven't had confirmation of 4264 yet, but it is going if it hasn't already
How many are going and from where?

Tony

Quote from: BN on October 13, 2020, 08:18:13 PM
How many are going and from where?

After 4264 it's 10 shells from Miller Street

Jack6101

@Sh4318  I wouldn't class E200mmc on the 3 as noteworthy there was 2 on there most days in the week always either 2237 or 2238
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Jack6101

@2206  E200mmc are not noteworthy on the 89 2237/8 are on there a lot ( just so you know but I'm guessing you didn't hope the info helps
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

John

@Jack

OmniLinks are on the 5 every day so I don't class them as noteworthy. More than one a day some days as well

Jack

Quote from: John on December 14, 2020, 02:06:49 PM
@Jack

OmniLinks are on the 5 every day so I don't class them as noteworthy. More than one a day some days as well
Was going to say it's becoming a more usual thing, I am on 1935 now as well.

From what I have heard April is the month for the first new cross city service 50/87
I have been down to Moseley for various things in the past it does seem very hectic , those of you with real experiences of 50 route please share , from what my dad has told me it's a pain in the butt better off changing rota.

Busboy105

Quote from: 2900 on December 23, 2020, 01:00:51 PM
From what I have heard April is the month for the first new cross city service 50/87
I have been down to Moseley for various things in the past it does seem very hectic , those of you with real experiences of 50 route please share , from what my dad has told me it's a pain in the butt better off changing rota.
I thought the whole cross-city routes were just a rumour?

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 23, 2020, 02:00:59 PM
I thought the whole cross-city routes were just a rumour?
Oh no gone way beyond that eventualy 40% of the city centre  bus routes will be cross city.
Yardley wood will do 50/82 cross city
Westbrom will do 50/87

Long term i am thinking when central garage moves to its new premises these routes will end up there , more efficent operational reasons eg duties , dead mileage etc.
Maybe these hydrogen buses could be used on these new routes.

monkeyjoe

50 was a nightmare when I used to do cross city from c Brom to kings heath. That was back in 1995. Traffic is much worse now, I don't even do the A435 in the car now.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 2900 on December 23, 2020, 02:41:03 PM
Oh no gone way beyond that eventualy 40% of the city centre  bus routes will be cross city.
Yardley wood will do 50/82 cross city
Westbrom will do 50/87

Long term i am thinking when central garage moves to its new premises these routes will end up there , more efficent operational reasons eg duties , dead mileage etc.
Maybe these hydrogen buses could be used on these new routes.

Interesting stat so have we already speculated which corridors will cross over then ie
97 & 61/63 link hospitals
X10 x8 with x1 x2 hotels and airport.    All just random of course.

ellspurs

Every time I've been on the Alcester Road after 7am, it is just a nice slow procession of following the traffic jams and buses down the road. With added cars/trucks randomly double parked that you need to negotiate your way around.

There would need to be a lot of favourable bus-priority measures in places along all the routes to stand a chance of keeping the buses on time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk