News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zander

Has 4275 finally gone for scrap? Saw it getting winched up to a tow truck on Wednesday morning

ANDYWMPTE

Have 4264 and 4273 also gone for scrap? As both were parked next to 4275

Tony

Quote from: ANDYWMPTE on October 13, 2020, 07:07:07 PM
Have 4264 and 4273 also gone for scrap? As both were parked next to 4275

4273 isn't withdrawn, let alone gone for scrap.  I haven't had confirmation of 4264 yet, but it is going if it hasn't already

BN

Quote from: Tony on October 13, 2020, 07:23:28 PM
4273 isn't withdrawn, let alone gone for scrap.  I haven't had confirmation of 4264 yet, but it is going if it hasn't already
How many are going and from where?

Tony

Quote from: BN on October 13, 2020, 08:18:13 PM
How many are going and from where?

After 4264 it's 10 shells from Miller Street

Jack6101

@Sh4318  I wouldn't class E200mmc on the 3 as noteworthy there was 2 on there most days in the week always either 2237 or 2238
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Jack6101

@2206  E200mmc are not noteworthy on the 89 2237/8 are on there a lot ( just so you know but I'm guessing you didn't hope the info helps
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

John

@Jack

OmniLinks are on the 5 every day so I don't class them as noteworthy. More than one a day some days as well

Jack

Quote from: John on December 14, 2020, 02:06:49 PM
@Jack

OmniLinks are on the 5 every day so I don't class them as noteworthy. More than one a day some days as well
Was going to say it's becoming a more usual thing, I am on 1935 now as well.

From what I have heard April is the month for the first new cross city service 50/87
I have been down to Moseley for various things in the past it does seem very hectic , those of you with real experiences of 50 route please share , from what my dad has told me it's a pain in the butt better off changing rota.

Busboy105

Quote from: 2900 on December 23, 2020, 01:00:51 PM
From what I have heard April is the month for the first new cross city service 50/87
I have been down to Moseley for various things in the past it does seem very hectic , those of you with real experiences of 50 route please share , from what my dad has told me it's a pain in the butt better off changing rota.
I thought the whole cross-city routes were just a rumour?

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 23, 2020, 02:00:59 PM
I thought the whole cross-city routes were just a rumour?
Oh no gone way beyond that eventualy 40% of the city centre  bus routes will be cross city.
Yardley wood will do 50/82 cross city
Westbrom will do 50/87

Long term i am thinking when central garage moves to its new premises these routes will end up there , more efficent operational reasons eg duties , dead mileage etc.
Maybe these hydrogen buses could be used on these new routes.

monkeyjoe

50 was a nightmare when I used to do cross city from c Brom to kings heath. That was back in 1995. Traffic is much worse now, I don't even do the A435 in the car now.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 2900 on December 23, 2020, 02:41:03 PM
Oh no gone way beyond that eventualy 40% of the city centre  bus routes will be cross city.
Yardley wood will do 50/82 cross city
Westbrom will do 50/87

Long term i am thinking when central garage moves to its new premises these routes will end up there , more efficent operational reasons eg duties , dead mileage etc.
Maybe these hydrogen buses could be used on these new routes.

Interesting stat so have we already speculated which corridors will cross over then ie
97 & 61/63 link hospitals
X10 x8 with x1 x2 hotels and airport.    All just random of course.

ellspurs

Every time I've been on the Alcester Road after 7am, it is just a nice slow procession of following the traffic jams and buses down the road. With added cars/trucks randomly double parked that you need to negotiate your way around.

There would need to be a lot of favourable bus-priority measures in places along all the routes to stand a chance of keeping the buses on time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk