News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Ash on July 24, 2012, 07:18:07 PM
1677 with blank blinds on service 406

1677 has come from Wolverhampton then, not Bordesley. Maybe because of 2013 entering service.

Ash

Yeah i think these will be replacing the travel west midlands livery and unrefurbished mercs and b6le's. I would think 681/682 along with 1617/1619 being the next ones to be withdrawn.

Ash

Has 1518 returned to Pensnett along with the other mercs from BY apart from 1699 as 1686 seems to have gone to Wolverhampton.

richie

Quote from: Ash on August 07, 2012, 10:33:43 PM
Has 1518 returned to Pensnett along with the other mercs from BY apart from 1699 as 1686 seems to have gone to Wolverhampton.

1518 is back at PN

Ash

Why did West Brom borrow so many mercs for only a short time, did they have a bus shortage which meant loaning vehicles from other garages as I was quite suprised to see them having destination blinds fitted so expected them to be transfers.

Ash

I think 1526/9 time in service is very limited especially as its likely WB will recieve mercs from BY. On Saturday i saw 1523 parked up outside WB even though in NXWM i thought this could have been withdrawn as its seems to have a really bad lean to it but saw it in service today on the 448A so is still going, but i know leaning mercs are common.

Ash

With quite a few recent merc transfers to WB from BY what buses are these mercs likely to replace as mercs such as 1619 in travel west midlands livery are still in service and thought these might have been the buses being replaced, or are these mercs from BY extra buses which will be needed when the sandwell review happens so will not be replacing any buses in service there, or finally replacing some of the last b6le in service at WB i havent saw 524 or 595 for a while but probably just not being in the right place.

Nathan4775

Does anybody know where the Un-Branded 61/63 (Bristol Rd) Plaxtons are going ?
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

PM

Quote from: NathanJC on September 13, 2012, 09:12:16 AM
Does anybody know where the Un-Branded 61/63 (Bristol Rd) Plaxtons are going ?

Id guess WB or AG

JackC

Maybe they're being debranded so they can put new branding on? Just a shot in the dark really, could very likely be wrong...

Ash

Quote from: JackC on September 13, 2012, 06:13:07 PM
Maybe they're being debranded so they can put new branding on? Just a shot in the dark really, could very likely be wrong...

When the new emmission ruling comes into place the presidents wont be able to enter the city centre which is probably the most likely reason for them being debranded and also allowing them to be transferred elsewhere which i would guess AG as BC seem to be recieving some tridents off Wolverhampton as possible replacements with Wolverhampton recieving mercs from BY.

JackC

Ah, had forgotten about those emission rules. They'll probably just go wherever they can be transferred for buses eligible to enter the city then.

settlerman

Quote from: wbdriver on July 24, 2012, 06:56:30 PM
last time i was in 1698 was in the engineering bay at WB either being repaired or being chopped up for bits. i'll try and find out next time i'm in.
Any update on 1698?

Ash

Doea anyone know whats happening to the president that has been sitting in the outside store area of the garage by the police station, normally this park up is empty in the daytime but one NXWM livery president has just been sitting there. Im guessing it has a problem mechanically otherwise it would be in normal service.

Tony

Quote from: settlerman on September 29, 2012, 03:33:59 PM
Quote from: wbdriver on July 24, 2012, 06:56:30 PM
last time i was in 1698 was in the engineering bay at WB either being repaired or being chopped up for bits. i'll try and find out next time i'm in.
Any update on 1698?

It had gone from that spot last week

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk