News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

This is random but I am pretty sure Perry Barr used to run a service to a College service from Soihull/Balsall common to Stratford on Avon for a fair while before AG took it over and withdrew it

MW

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 06, 2012, 05:11:37 PM
This is random but I am pretty sure Perry Barr used to run a service to a College service from Soihull/Balsall common to Stratford on Avon for a fair while before AG took it over and withdrew it

Yeah, the 220 and 221. AG ran them with the last few Metrobuses. No idea what happened to it to be honest!

John

Quote from: Michael on June 06, 2012, 05:14:58 PM
Yeah, the 220 and 221. AG ran them with the last few Metrobuses. No idea what happened to it to be honest!

I think Perry Barr gained  them when Hockley closed. I think that is why 2769, 2988 and 3022 transferred from PB to AG for, to cover for these 2 routes.

Don't Johnsons run the one into Solihull now?

monkeyjoe

Hockley used to run loads of various city centre routes randomly.

Did they run the Airbus routes as well?

MW

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 06, 2012, 05:21:58 PM
Hockley used to run loads of various city centre routes randomly.

Did they run the Airbus routes as well?

Hockley did the private and school stuff really. It ran the Private Charter fleet, which was mainly DP Metrobuses I think?. It also had the N reg Olympians I think.

Hockley ran the Harborne routes, Dudley Road (I think), 16 (Birmingham to Hamstead) and the 101, and the 8 (which had Presidents on it from time to time!)

I think it also ran the 65/66, but not sure on that.

Ash

I was suprised to see a alx400 from WB on a school service by the new invention (4274 was the bus) is this a regular working from WB as im sure WA would be more suited from running the school service

monkeyjoe

From Memory Quinton ran the Harborne routes however Hockley did run the 82 128 & 129 & the *8A/C on top of the routes already mentioned.

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 06, 2012, 06:29:57 PM
From Memory Quinton ran the Harborne routes however Hockley did run the 82 128 & 129 & the *8A/C on top of the routes already mentioned.

I'm sure the 82 and 103 were run by the same garage, because they were both operated by Mercs and metrobuses

monkeyjoe

Quinton ran the 82 when Hockley closed. Then it was Quinton that ran both the 82 and 103

Stu

Hockley ran the 120 service after Dudley garage closed. Then when Hockley closed, it passed to West Bromwich, and then onto Pensnett after the Dudley Review.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

They could shut every garage and buy Burnt Tree Tescos! there's plenty of parking and office space and local to many existing garages! Tesco Travel...Trust me it will happen!!!!  ;D
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

MW

Quote from: 4006 on June 06, 2012, 07:29:55 PM
They could shut every garage and buy Burnt Tree Tescos! there's plenty of parking and office space and local to many existing garages! Tesco Travel...Trust me it will happen!!!!  ;D

Or run everything from Longbridge. Plenty of space for 1800 buses!

Stu

Quote from: thetruth on June 06, 2012, 08:09:25 PM
Quote from: Stu on June 06, 2012, 06:59:41 PM
Hockley ran the 120 service after Dudley garage closed. Then when Hockley closed, it passed to West Bromwich, and then onto Pensnett after the Dudley Review.

Not quite. The 120 moved to WB in the May 2002 service changes (along with the 87, 88, 128 and 129). Hockley closed in May 2005.

WB also had a couple of running boards in the 120 prior to May 2002.

Thanks for the info!  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ash

1703-7 moved to WB with the 120 as 1703-6 were branded for the route

Ash

At one time nearly all the WB mercs were branded and it was very very rare to find them on different routes and still to this day must buses stay on the correct services if branded for them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk