News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Quote from: thetruth on October 19, 2012, 09:51:25 PM
The President is 4092.

Thanks the truth, any idea whats up with the bus?

winston

Quote from: thetruth on October 29, 2012, 07:27:21 PM
Mercs on the 83/89 today then. 2-3 months to the emission zone. Wonder what will happen.

Surely WB must be due some new single deckers to replace those, but no further orders have been announced for 2013 to date.

Otherwise could WB receive further Euro 3 cascades if the Hybrids arrive/enter service before the emission zone comes in to force?

Eric Shaw

THe 83 and 89 are both shown as running every 30 minutes. This seems to mean they can be run by Euro 2 vehicles. the same applies to Birmingham routes 73 and 90.

winston

Does anyone know how the new extended routes / new links are settling in at WB? Are they very proving popular with passengers?

JackC

I can't speak for all passengers but me and my grandparents are finding the new 129 very useful. They're also find the the new better links to hospitals much more helpful.

Ash

Does the 42 and 46 interwork in the evenings now. As yesterday evening a 42 came into West Bromwich bus station but then left as a 46.

makkacdt

Id personally have the 128 back to lion farm so i cant get in to brum in under an hour, rather that than a crammed merc were u get spat at going through cape hill.
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

Nathan4775

Quote from: JackC on November 03, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
I can't speak for all passengers but me and my grandparents are finding the new 129 very useful. They're also find the the new better links to hospitals much more helpful.

I like the new 83 (Birmingham - West Bromwich). It seems faster than the 74/75
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

wbdriver

changes soon to WB routes. 289 to PE permantly in March, not sure about 53 yet as they interwork, and strong rumours the 45 is going back to WA.

you may also remember me posting about a new outstation on Kenrick Way - deal broken down and the council want Oak Lane Outstation land back ASAP so more routes possibly out of WB soon.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Ash

Quote from: wbdriver on January 11, 2013, 09:41:35 PM
changes soon to WB routes. 289 to PE permantly in March, not sure about 53 yet as they interwork, and strong rumours the 45 is going back to WA.

you may also remember me posting about a new outstation on Kenrick Way - deal broken down and the council want Oak Lane Outstation land back ASAP so more routes possibly out of WB soon.

The outer station holds a fair amount of buses i'm guessing 40/50 buses. It's a shame for WB to lose so many of it's services if they can't find another piece of land in time and will cause a big move around in the fleet.

gc802002

Given WB only have 4 Diagrams on the 53/289 combo I assume PE will take on all 4 Diagrams?

Sh4318

It will be interesting to see the moves that materialise. I imagine some Dudley terminating routes being transferred to PE
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Why don't NXWM turn Shady Lane in to an operational base/outstation?

Shady Lane could take on certain routes from WB to eliminate the problem of loosing Oak Road & also possibly the 16 & 101 off PB to provide spare capacity at that garage 

Westy

How come Sandwell Council are after Oak Lane anyway?

Ash

Quote from: Westy on January 11, 2013, 10:40:25 PM

How come Sandwell Council are after Oak Lane anyway?

It's to do with this regeneration of West Bromwich maybe something to do with the Police Station over the road or just turn it into another car park as so many people visit West Bromwich for the pound shops :P. Aren't most NXWM already running at full capacity because if that out station closes it's like a small garage closing as it holds quite a lot of buses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk