News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Quote from: Roy on August 13, 2018, 07:48:48 PM
In addition, some of the Chase line diagrams involve journeys to Shrewsbury and back.  Therefore, these diagrams cannot utilise electric units.
Unit diagrams can always be altered - in fact it is quite probably so that the unit that overnights at Wolverhampton gets fuelled, so that would no longer be necessary.

Kevin

Impressive number of Walsall trains cancelled due to "train crew unavailability" this evening
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

Quote from: Kevin on August 17, 2018, 05:53:28 PM
Impressive number of Walsall trains cancelled due to "train crew unavailability" this evening

Had the same issue in the New Street - Wolverhampton's last night
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Bob

The 19.22 and 21.17 are not running. Pathetic service!

mikestone

Four trips next week from Northampton to Crewe South Yard, presumably with cl.365s

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K91460/2018/08/21/advanced

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K93000/2018/08/21/advanced

I noticed they had been fettling the yard a few days ago - assuming they were moved to Northampton for WMT, does this mean they have been rejected, or are LNWR going to prepare them for service?

BusMan Greg

LNWR are having some class 365s????

Tony

BusMan Greg

Have the class 230's started yet

mikestone

Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2018, 08:15:41 AM
The 'new' class 230s for the Bedford-Bletchley line are due to be released from Long Marston to Bletchley on the 29th or 30th of August
No sign of any movement - there were test runs to Moreton showing as well as the timetabled ones to Worcester but none appear to have run.

Bob

Might help if the companies they use for rail replacement trained their drivers on the route. 11.14 from Cannock was late , took 3 wrong turns after landywood, weve ended up in the middle of some country lane heading toward landywood again with bus getting stuck trying to do a 3 point turn

Kevin

Quote from: Bob on September 08, 2018, 11:44:25 AM
Might help if the companies they use for rail replacement trained their drivers on the route. 11.14 from Cannock was late , took 3 wrong turns after landywood, weve ended up in the middle of some country lane heading toward landywood again with bus getting stuck trying to do a 3 point turn

I've queried this with LM in the past. They say the routes of rail reps are entirely down to the bus company, and the bus company said that LM dictate the route.
It's a farce if I'm honest, needs some sort of organisation between the two
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Solo1

What operators   was running the rail  replacements services
It would help if someone put a link to what operator is running each trip thanks

Bob

Quote from: Solo1 on September 08, 2018, 10:45:37 PM
What operators   was running the rail  replacements services
It would help if someone put a link to what operator is running each trip thanks

Cannocks Sapphire Merc was on

Westy

Midland Classic is normally on these.
(The rail replacements normally come down my road in Leamore!)

WMT3000

Quote from: Westy on September 09, 2018, 01:19:35 PM
Midland Classic is normally on these.
(The rail replacements normally come down my road in Leamore!)
I've seen Midland Classic, Arriva and one Coastal Liner bus this afternoon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk