News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on May 31, 2024, 02:42:14 PMJust thinking with the Works still at Aston you can't get from Walsall to Wolverhampton now without the use of a bus, so if possible couldn't they run a half hourly service direct Between Walsall and Wolverhampton using the direct line through Darlaston, I Don't think the 730's are approved for use on the line but the 350's are so maybe just 1 350 that would be used on that diagram usually to link the Walsall to Wolverhampton Passengers as opposed to crowding the Birmingham trains which should be for Walsall to Brum during these works. That is what the line is there for engineering works and freight. Would take about 12-15 minutes to do the line. When I caught 350406 to Hamstead the other day my carriage didn't seem to busy I was coach 3 but Platform 2 at Walsall was busy and the train seemed busy in the first 2 coaches due to the extra passengers at Bescot, Tame Bridge and Hamstead. If possible maybe have 1 of the direct trains serve Bescot then go down the line.
Walsall Wolverhampton is just as quick as before and you don't need a bus, just a change in Birmingham 

mikestone

323243 and 323207 have gone from Wolverton to Allerton - its not obvious what has been done to them.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Tony on May 31, 2024, 04:06:15 PMWalsall Wolverhampton is just as quick as before and you don't need a bus, just a change in Birmingham
Oh yeah I forgot that the International trains were still running. I was just thinking about the Tame Bridge to Birmingham bus for Wolverhampton passengers. But yeah I forgot 350406 stopped additionally at Bescot, Tame Bridge making the bus sort of pointless and Hamstead before using the Soho line to Birmingham
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk