News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Dudley Network Review

Started by sonic84, September 29, 2017, 07:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on September 03, 2018, 06:39:48 PM
Not a clue. Not my department to be completely honest.
That is a great shame.  :(

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on September 03, 2018, 06:53:30 PM
My mistake but they weren't all ready anyway -
See @Johns pic of 6703 before branding on the X12 on June 10th -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/35179297196/
It was certainly a little while later (a week or 2) before any of them were out in service branded for the X12.
The X12's announcements didn't work from day 1, took them some days to get the vehicles announcements working on them for the X12 from what I recall.

Trident 4194

@Dom all the timetables near Hayley green for the 4H are completely wrong, from my observations.

MasterPlan

Is there more to come from the Dudley review? I'm quite surprised the 74 survived any alterations.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 03, 2018, 08:06:47 PM
Is there more to come from the Dudley review? I'm quite surprised the 74 survived any alterations.
[/quote
Enough damage has been done me finks

OH25

After catching the X7 during peak hours yesterday, I have two ideas for it as it just kept on getting stuck in traffic unnecessarily.
First, after the stop outside the Job Centre in Smethwick - it would benefit from going down Smethwick High Street still missing all stops until Galton Bridge Station.

Second idea is from Oldbury instead of using Shidas Lane could it not use the 12/12A route to get on to the Birmingham Road.

Dom

Quote from: OH25 on September 04, 2018, 10:36:45 AM
After catching the X7 during peak hours yesterday, I have two ideas for it as it just kept on getting stuck in traffic unnecessarily.
First, after the stop outside the Job Centre in Smethwick - it would benefit from going down Smethwick High Street still missing all stops until Galton Bridge Station.

Second idea is from Oldbury instead of using Shidas Lane could it not use the 12/12A route to get on to the Birmingham Road.

There is a variable route in Smethwick. Either High Street or the dual carrigeway.

Kevin

2A - Wallows Road seems well used already, but I'm guessing the drivers don't like with the tight turn from Brierley Hill
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

karl724223

Hell of a lot of old bus stop flags still on bus stops around the Black Country displaying old numbers
Tfwm should read totally forgot West Midlands

Mike K

Quote from: karl724223 on September 05, 2018, 01:00:24 AM
Hell of a lot of old bus stop flags still on bus stops around the Black Country displaying old numbers
Tfwm should read totally forgot West Midlands

Plenty of bus stops in West Birmingham also still showing old route number 244.

winston

Sounds like more changes to come as part of the West Midlands Bus Alliance (The Radio has just suggested new buses being due as well)
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/health/2018/09/06/batter-bus-access-to-russells-hall-hospital-planned/

Kevin

X7 gaining announcements, currently on board 6779, but they seem rather disjointed. Announced stops as you leave the previous stop "your next stop is Dudley Road City Hospital" but then same announcement again as you just pass it. Also announces "You are travelling on route X7 towards Wolverhampton Bus Station", but sometimes cuts before the sentence has finished

"Smethwick High Street, Regent Street. Alight here for Smethwick High Street and Smethwick Rolfe Street Station" and "Smethwick Galton Bridge, alight for National Rail services" were unexpected amounts of detail, fair play

Dom

Quote from: Kevin on September 06, 2018, 10:12:50 AM
X7 gaining announcements, currently on board 6779, but they seem rather disjointed. Announced stops as you leave the previous stop "your next stop is Dudley Road City Hospital" but then same announcement again as you just pass it. Also announces "You are travelling on route X7 towards Wolverhampton Bus Station", but sometimes cuts before the sentence has finished

"Smethwick High Street, Regent Street. Alight here for Smethwick High Street and Smethwick Rolfe Street Station" and "Smethwick Galton Bridge, alight for National Rail services" were unexpected amounts of detail, fair play

I am impressed with them tbh, wasn't expecting the level of detail they've put in. Full credit to the commercial team!

Kevin

Some people talking on the 12A in Oakham this morning:
"so it's 12 and 12A and it's just every 10 minutes together now? Oh that's rather good isn't it?"

Other people on the X7 in Smethwick:
"so this goes through to Roseville now? Oh that's great I only need the one bus now"

On the 3 on Tuesday a number of people talking about how useful it is now it's a simpler every 15 minutes through Lion Farm

6 people alighting the 2A on Wallows Road, half the bus load leaving Merry Hill

But of course it's all doom and gloom and they're just changing routes for the sake of it....

cris 99

excellent feedback kevin its always the bad point people post about never the good things. for me its good aswell as i can now get 1 bus from blackheath to wolverhampton plus i love the X7 from oldbury to bham NO MORE SMETHWICK AND CAPE HILL lol
17//72/73/97/X12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk