News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

South Birmingham Consultation 2017

Started by Stu, July 25, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straightlines

Who's brainchild idea was it to do a door drop yesterday of the Bartley Green and Northfield areas of a leaflet advertising all the old services as a travel option for getting to QE Hospital?

You really couldn't make it up could you!

Steveminor

Had someone today timing up.asking for advice on getting from acocks green to hunters moon, nx told them to get 31 into city then 94. When they asked what happens when 31 changes & they were told there are no planned changes to 31 service. The person then decided to call our office for correct advice..
How would you guys get from acocks green to hunters moon see if you have the same idea as me.

Quote from: Steveminor on July 10, 2018, 09:16:45 PM
Had someone today timing up.asking for advice on getting from acocks green to hunters moon, nx told them to get 31 into city then 94. When they asked what happens when 31 changes & they were told there are no planned changes to 31 service. The person then decided to call our office for correct advice..
How would you guys get from acocks green to hunters moon see if you have the same idea as me.
Your quickest option from Acocks Green to the Hunters Moon would be:
11A to the Fox and Goose (in the other direction it'd be the 11C).
94 from the Fox and Goose a few stops up the road to the Hunters Moon.
@Steveminor
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Lukeee

Quote from: 2206 on July 10, 2018, 09:18:48 PM
Your quickest option from Acocks Green to the Hunters Moon would be:
11A to the Fox and Goose (in the other direction it'd be the 11C).
94 from the Fox and Goose a few stops up the road to the Hunters Moon.
@Steveminor

Same, that seems the fastest way

Steveminor

Exactly what I thought.
Why give someone wrong information it would only deter them from using the bus in future!

Smethwickian

I dread to think how much duff information will be given out by travel shop staff in coming weeks and how many out-of-date timetables will remain on display across the county (where they actually give any space to such material, that is) after July 22.
Staff seem interested only in selling tickets and rarely seem to acquaint themselves with service changes by, for example, regularly checking operators' websites and the Network West Midlands changes listing. About 12 days ago I myself removed from display at Dudley travel shop a batch of timetables for routes 50A and 50C, West Bromwich to Bearwood circulars - yes, the 50A and 50C withdrawn in April 2017.
I have given up telling staff about such things as I either get blank looks because they simply do not understand, or I'm essentially told to mind my own business and not tell them how to do their jobs. I just remove the outdated stuff and ensure it reaches the recycling rather than hand it to staff and return days later to see it back on display.

Quote from: Steveminor on July 11, 2018, 07:18:52 AM
Exactly what I thought.
Why give someone wrong information it would only deter them from using the bus in future!
I agree, by the time you've got into the City Centre on the 94 as well, you'd probably already be in Acocks Green or nearly be in Acokcs Green on the 11, telling someone to take a longer indirect route and also a less frequent route (the 31 is a lot less frequent than the 11 - the 31 is every 20 minutes), will just put them of using the bus in the future, so why give someone the wrong information when there is a faster and more frequent route present (11 - 94).
Passengers just want to get to there destination as quickly as possible.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: Straightlines on July 10, 2018, 11:26:50 AM
Who's brainchild idea was it to do a door drop yesterday of the Bartley Green and Northfield areas of a leaflet advertising all the old services as a travel option for getting to QE Hospital?

You really couldn't make it up could you!

Can we just clafiry if it was a NX thing, a NWM thing or a hospital thing first?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dom

Quote from: Kevin on July 11, 2018, 10:19:44 AM
Can we just clafiry if it was a NX thing, a NWM thing or a hospital thing first?

Not NWM/TfWM.

Kevin

With them having gone through the effort recently of branding the 63, are the Hybrids likely to stay on there? Will the 61/63 be treated as separate routes or are we likely to see a mix of buses branded for the two?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Smethwickian on July 11, 2018, 08:20:19 AM
I dread to think how much duff information will be given out by travel shop staff in coming weeks and how many out-of-date timetables will remain on display across the county (where they actually give any space to such material, that is) after July 22.
Staff seem interested only in selling tickets and rarely seem to acquaint themselves with service changes by, for example, regularly checking operators' websites and the Network West Midlands changes listing. About 12 days ago I myself removed from display at Dudley travel shop a batch of timetables for routes 50A and 50C, West Bromwich to Bearwood circulars - yes, the 50A and 50C withdrawn in April 2017.
I have given up telling staff about such things as I either get blank looks because they simply do not understand, or I'm essentially told to mind my own business and not tell them how to do their jobs. I just remove the outdated stuff and ensure it reaches the recycling rather than hand it to staff and return days later to see it back on display.

You're a customer. You shouldn't have to be doing their jobs!

Steveminor

Quote from: Kevin on July 11, 2018, 10:19:44 AM

The customer said they were told by nxwm.

Are they changing the 97 route in Birmingham City Centre as well?
Traveline WM and Google Maps show that the X20/X21/X22 and 61/63 will be stopping the current 97 terminus and from there will continue to the Priory Queensway where they will terminate.
With the 97 being moved stopping at BS17 on Albert Street.
"Birmingham, Dale House (Stop BS17)"
The map on Traveline WM shows that it will come back down Moor Street no longer leaving the City Centre via Park Street.
The timetable shows it will stop at BS17 -
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=cen&line=33097&sup=B&itdLPxx_direction=H&project=y11&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=CEN_EFA03_44249870&lineVer=12&itdLPxx_spTr=12&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=NXB

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Dale+House+(Stop+BS17)/@52.4806308,-1.8940289,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4870bc8f5f86f8c9:0x5ce9c42bd898bc98!8m2!3d52.4806101!4d-1.893201
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 06, 2018, 10:22:57 AM
I wonder if there will be enough platinums available to convert the X70 to MMCs
With the B7RLE staying at BC, I wander what they'd use them on from next week, as the X21 wouldn't need them all?
Would they use them on the decker routes, eg - 60, 14, Bristol Road?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

I notice a few stops have sneakily been taken away with regards to the X64 /X21. For example SB and SL in Selly Oak. Both of which seem like main stops to me. Is the case for all services or just the "express" ones?

I can sort of see why SL has been taken away as you tend to get stuck there with incoming traffic and it's just before the red lights etc. However I don't see the same logic behind SB going.

Also I've noticed that inbound buses won't be serving Kemberton Road, instead going down Castle Road and along Alwold Road. Which to.be honest is something I'd been meaning to suggest anyway as buses in opposite directions were getting stuck on Kemberton. Only thing I would say is they maybe could've replaced the 2 stops taken away with 1 on Alwold Road, which would also help those on the other side of Alwold who don't have the 29 anymore.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk