News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

South Birmingham Consultation 2017

Started by Stu, July 25, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:D

Looks like it's supposed to be:

28 Small Heath - Bordesley Green (Heartlands Hospital) - Fox & Goose - Erdington - Great Barr (Scott Arms)

Quote from: Squiz1971 on August 14, 2018, 02:22:14 PM
Don't some of the journeys still extend to Small Heath (evenings & weekends)?? @2206. So that may be why it says Small Heath (Heartlands Hospital) possibly???
Yes, all evening and Sunday journeys extend to Small Heath, Monday to Saturday daytime 28's terminate near the Hospital at  the Little Bromwich Road stop on Bordesley Green East.
It says Small Heath (Heartlands Hospital) and heartlands hospital is not in Small Heath.
What it should should say is Small Heath - Bordesley Green (Heartlands Hospital).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on August 14, 2018, 04:37:38 PM
Yes, all evening and Sunday journeys extend to Small Heath, Monday to Saturday daytime 28's terminate near the Hospital at  the Little Bromwich Road stop on Bordesley Green East.
It says Small Heath (Heartlands Hospital) and heartlands hospital is not in Small Heath.
What it should should say is Small Heath - Bordesley Green (Heartlands Hospital).
Does anybody actually use that extension? I've used it once and was the only person in that extension.

Quote from: Jack on August 14, 2018, 05:45:06 PM
Does anybody actually use that extension? I've used it once and was the only person in that extension.
Yes a few people do use it, i've been on buses where there have been a few people using the extension.
Diamonds 28A covers that extension Monday to Saturday daytimes, and that picks up quite a few people as well whenever i've used it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: Jack on August 14, 2018, 05:45:06 PM

Yes but I would agure more people would use the Dyas Road - Scott Arms section that gets no evening or Sunday service, would be a far better use of a bus
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

You get 2 or 3 people a trip to Small Heath usually when I have done it. Pointless running it in my opinion, plus it can severely affect the timekeeping of the route when it is busy in Small Heath

Jack

Quote from: Kevin on August 14, 2018, 06:02:14 PM
Yes but I would agure more people would use the Dyas Road - Scott Arms section that gets no evening or Sunday service, would be a far better use of a bus
Oh yes I agree!

Quote from: John on August 14, 2018, 06:06:04 PM
You get 2 or 3 people a trip to Small Heath usually when I have done it. Pointless running it in my opinion, plus it can severely affect the timekeeping of the route when it is busy in Small Heath
I presume the reason it has survived is because it is a tendered service, like the Monday to Saturday daytime variation of the Small Heath extension ( Diamonds 28A).

Is there any reason why these journeys to Small Heath weren't withdrawn when the Monday to Saturday daytime journeys were withdrawn and also replaced by the 24 back in 2007 (now the 28A)?

I expect there's extremely little demand for any sort of service to Small Heath beyond the Fox and Goose and anyone wanting to make that journey can easily change buses like they'd have to if they were travelling on a Monday morning. Maybe It should operate as the 28A evening and Sundays as well, like it does for the rest of the week.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

John

Quote from: 2206 on August 14, 2018, 06:38:45 PM
Is there any reason why these journeys to Small Heath weren't withdrawn when the Monday to Saturday daytime journeys were withdrawn and also replaced by the 24 back in 2007 (now the 28A)?

They are tendered

:D

Wasn't the 24 more popular back then? Is it possible that changing operator has significantly reduced the number of people using that section?

Quote from: :D on August 14, 2018, 08:32:29 PM
Wasn't the 24 more popular back then? Is it possible that changing operator has significantly reduced the number of people using that section?
Not sure what usage was like back then.
But i'd say it is possible that changing operator could have reduced the number of people using that section, National Express currently have a manopoly, they had a manopoly back then as well, there tickets are also slightly cheaper than a n bus ticket.
So most purchase NX daytickets and passes, that's been the case for a very long time.
When the operator changed from NX it could well have meant people found alternative routes to get to where they want to go, many don't seem willing to pay the extra few pence/pounds to use the other operator (for example on the 11 you get some people trying to get on the DTS bus with a NX pass/ticket, and when the driver says they'll have to pay 50p to get on with that, they get of looking annoyed and unwilling).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: 2206 on August 14, 2018, 08:42:29 PM
Not sure what usage was like back then.
But i'd say it is possible that changing operator could have reduced the number of people using that section, National Express currently have a manopoly, they had a manopoly back then as well, there tickets are also slightly cheaper than a n bus ticket.
So most purchase NX daytickets and passes, that's been the case for a very long time.
When the operator changed from NX it could well have meant people found alternative routes to get to where they want to go, many don't seem willing to pay the extra few pence/pounds to use the other operator (for example on the 11 you get some people trying to get on the DTS bus with a NX pass/ticket, and when the driver says they'll have to pay 50p to get on with that, they get of looking annoyed and unwilling).

I've paid 50p with my old paper Nx pass on Arriva in the past, but I never did it regulary!

Steve3229vp

For my trip to the QE today i sampled the X22, I caught the 1010 from Priory Queensway and when we got to Granville Street the next stop announcement said the "The next stop is School of Education", BUT the driver stopped at the next stop which was for 80 and 80A only and then stopped at two more stops which are for just the X21. Now it's either non-stop to the School of Education or it's not, I think the real confusion will start in September when passengers are at there most normal pattern. Passengers will need to get used to which service stops at their stop on not and do the drivers really know !

The thing I'm definitely in favour of is the X20, X21 and X22 avoiding the QE entrance, it was very busy this morning and would have took far too long to get in and out of the QE, peak hours must be even worse!

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 16, 2018, 01:56:22 PM
For my trip to the QE today i sampled the X22, I caught the 1010 from Priory Queensway and when we got to Granville Street the next stop announcement said the "The next stop is School of Education", BUT the driver stopped at the next stop which was for 80 and 80A only and then stopped at two more stops which are for just the X21. Now it's either non-stop to the School of Education or it's not, I think the real confusion will start in September when passengers are at there most normal pattern. Passengers will need to get used to which service stops at their stop on not and do the drivers really know !

The thing I'm definitely in favour of is the X20, X21 and X22 avoiding the QE entrance, it was very busy this morning and would have took far too long to get in and out of the QE, peak hours must be even worse!
That was the case orriginally, but in response to passengers feedback regarding it being difficult to get to Five Ways, they've changed it since it first began so it now stops at all stops to Edgbaston Old Church, then skips out a few stops then all stops from the University of Birmingham (School of Education Stop). Its most likely  just that they haven't updated the announcements yet.
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/south-birmingham-service-changes/service-x20-#
https://nxbus.co.uk/files/NX-West-Midlands/SouthBirminghamNewTimetables/HowtogettoFiveWaysontheX20X21andX22.png
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Just seen a 50 branded MMC saying 50A?? I thought that was withdrawn.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk