News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Mike K on May 14, 2017, 12:22:53 PM
With the 71 and 96 moving to PB, anyone heard whether PB will lose any routes as a result of these changes, other than the 77 returning to Walsall?

BC are 6 buses down as a result of the 98/99/X64 changes, and will be losing the 58, 59 and 73, plus there will be reduced vehicle requirement on the 70/X70. The increases to the 60 will presumably take up some of the capacity freed up from the 58/9, but BC will still have a reduced vehicle requirement compared to what they had in April (at a guess I'd say of 10 to 12 buses including the 6 from the 99).

Unless garage capacities needed realigning there looks like scope for moving some work from PB to BC.

No, we are only losing the 77

winston

Quote from: Gareth on May 14, 2017, 01:36:39 PM
How many older Tridents without Adblue tanks are left at BC? Maybe this slight reduction in vehicle requirements is to ensure that all non compliant buses can leave.

There's 27 x Y-reg Tridents left at BC of which 7 had the Euro 4 engine upgrade & refurb. Therefore 20 non complaint Tridents left, with the new emission standards coming in to force on 28th May I believe.

Also, weren't the E200MMC's bought for the 71/72 routes as part of some quality partnership?

andy41

Quote from: Winston on May 14, 2017, 01:43:40 PM

Also, weren't the E200MMC's bought for the 71/72 routes as part of some quality partnership?

I've often wondered how that works as there have been a few instances of vehicles acquired amidst a fanfare of publicity around partnerships only for then to be reallocated shortly afterwards, and not just by NX.

monkeyjoe

Anyone know what the official reason the 94 is missing out the schools and sports centre, only speeds up the route by 2 mins and I doubt people asked for it. Wonder if it's because those kids behave so badly on the buses. I am curious.

andy41

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 14, 2017, 02:16:48 PM
Anyone know what the official reason the 94 is missing out the schools and sports centre, only speeds up the route by 2 mins and I doubt people asked for it. Wonder if it's because those kids behave so badly on the buses. I am curious.

It may only be 2 mins, but that's 4 mins on a round trip. It depends how many vehicles they're trying to save. For instance, the 71 change saves no minutes on the journey, but gives the bus more chance to get to the end on time. This in turn has given them what they think is an opportunity to halve the turn round time at each end and fit all the work into less PVR ( although in the case of the 71 it will be a mistake in my opinion as they won't achieve it).

If they only want to allow 6 mins at each end on the 94 and previously it was more, then those 4 minutes are critical to the overall plan.

Westy

Quote from: andy41 on May 14, 2017, 01:52:25 PM
I've often wondered how that works as there have been a few instances of vehicles acquired amidst a fanfare of publicity around partnerships only for then to be reallocated shortly afterwards, and not just by NX.

*Cough* Arriva * Cough*

markcf83

Quote from: Mike K on May 14, 2017, 12:22:53 PM
With the 71 and 96 moving to PB, anyone heard whether PB will lose any routes as a result of these changes, other than the 77 returning to Walsall?

Unless garage capacities needed realigning there looks like scope for moving some work from PB to BC.

Wouldn't be surprised if the 94 goes back to Central.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Quote from: markcf83 on May 14, 2017, 03:29:31 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if the 94 goes back to Central.
Its already been said Perry Barr are only losing the 77.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 14, 2017, 03:37:32 PM
Have central ever run the 94?

No
Washwood Heath/Sutton Joint
Washwood Heath alone
Lea Hall
Perry Barr

since it was invented.

monkeyjoe

monkeyjoe

I see on FB there is a public meeting in Kingshurst on 18th to try and stop the changes. Can't see it making any difference.

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 14, 2017, 07:57:50 PM
I see on FB there is a public meeting in Kingshurst on 18th to try and stop the changes. Can't see it making any difference.
They're commercial services, so I can't see it making any difference.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

If I wasn't in London I'd go just for the comedy factor.

Steveminor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk