News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Interesting colour coded route map. I wonder if this will mean that the next incarnation of the 14 branding will be orange?
Nice shade of brown for the 73.

monkeyjoe

I'm no design artist but doesn't look like any clear logic applied as such.

Actually I take it back

V89MOA

58 will now serve Olton Station then, don't remember that one being in the proposals. Are NXWM hoping to drive more City Centre commuters onto the train now then, 58 cut to Yardley with a re-route to Olton Station, and Marston Green losing all buses to the city centre?

Stu

Quote from: V89MOA on May 08, 2017, 11:06:19 PM
58 will now serve Olton Station then, don't remember that one being in the proposals. Are NXWM hoping to drive more City Centre commuters onto the train now then, 58 cut to Yardley with a re-route to Olton Station, and Marston Green losing all buses to the city centre?

And Lea Hall station will have no bus service at all, once the 59 goes.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steveminor

I'm sure nx pr team would say "lea hall station is served by the very frequent service 97 & frequent 72 only a short walk away"

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Stu on May 09, 2017, 07:20:43 AM
And Lea Hall station will have no bus service at all, once the 59 goes.

Still served by the 99.

Brummie45

Adding to the post about the X12, the map shows it as not operating down Buckingham Road. X12 will operate Windward Way past Smiths Wood Academy instead of Chester Road side of the school.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Kevin

That colour coded map needs to make it out into the public domain, ie actually out on the buses so people see it. I saw a similar map on the WB 5 at the weekend showing the changes in the Smethwick/Bearwood area, granted a bit late but was good to see, anyone know if they were distributed on all the buses or did I just get lucky with that one?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Brummie45

There's no information on the buses yet about the changes. I use the 72,94,97A and 966 a lot to get to and from work at the airport.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Stu

Quote from: Steveminor on May 09, 2017, 09:02:37 AM
I'm sure nx pr team would say "lea hall station is served by the very frequent service 97 & frequent 72 only a short walk away"

True, the Meadway stops are about a five minute walk away, if you're fit and able.

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on May 09, 2017, 10:27:35 AM
Still served by the 99.

The 99 doesn't stop at Lea Hall station. The nearest stop is Bembridge Road, which is a longer walk than to Meadway.

However my point is that multi-modal transport is supposed to be being encouraged, doesn't look that way when bus routes are being taken away from local rail stations.

But I do think that the routing of the 58 to serve Olton station is a good move.

Now I've had a chance to analyse things, I do think it would have been better to extend the 17 to Marston Green, doesn't look that far from the current terminus at Tile Cross. With the 14 being rerouted from Marston Green, it would have been an ideal option for those who travel into the city, but prefer to catch the bus, rather than the train.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Squiz1971

Quote from: Stu on May 09, 2017, 07:10:26 PM
True, the Meadway stops are about a five minute walk away, if you're fit and able.

The 99 doesn't stop at Lea Hall station. The nearest stop is Bembridge Road, which is a longer walk than to Meadway.

However my point is that multi-modal transport is supposed to be being encouraged, doesn't look that way when bus routes are being taken away from local rail stations.

But I do think that the routing of the 58 to serve Olton station is a good move.

Now I've had a chance to analyse things, I do think it would have been better to extend the 17 to Marston Green, doesn't look that far from the current terminus at Tile Cross. With the 14 being rerouted from Marston Green, it would have been an ideal option for those who travel into the city, but prefer to catch the bus, rather than the train.
Many years ago the 17 did terminate at Marston Green Station early 00's IIRC @Stu

monkeyjoe

I think they took the 17 away when an old lady got run over due to bus congestion, with the 14 serving the station too.

GeminiFan1991

With the 73 being reshortned, will it transfer back to AG ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Isle of Stroma

The nearest flag is further down Folliott Rd. However, the section between there & the Lea Village terminus is hail & ride. So, subject to parked cars, the access path is served as near as possible.

Been there, done that (see my previous comments about the Marston Green hokey cokey), & I've route monitored my fair share of trips too. Centro/whatever have a downer on it.

MW

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on May 09, 2017, 10:25:02 PM
With the 73 being reshortned, will it transfer back to AG ?

The PVR of the 58, 72, 73 & X12 is the same PVR as the current 71, 72 & 966.

Tony has said that the PVR will remain the same at AG, so my guess is, yeah it's going back to AG. It might even interwork the 58, as I think the 73 timetable is quite tight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk