News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Gareth on April 27, 2017, 07:48:46 PM
I do hope that there will be some frequency increases on the 55 and 94. As Washwood Heath Road has lost the 56, 70 and 72 as well as the Claribel 55. I hope to be proved wrong, but I'm anticipating standing room only by Saltley and full buses not being able to pick up passengers by Nechells.

What like 94 every 12 mins to C wood and 6 mins to Newport Rd or Fox & Goose for example?

Stu

Quote from: Mike K on April 28, 2017, 12:20:36 AM
Not being so familiar with the east side of the city - what route(s) will be replacing the withdrawn 59?

With the changes to the 58 and 59, looks like there will be a reduction in B7RLE requirements at BC.

There isn't going to be any direct replacement for the 59, however I'm presuming that any changes made to the 55 through Shard End and Kingshurst will compensate at that end.

However I will be curious to see if (and how) anything is diverted to cover the Lea Hall part of the route...
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Brummie45

The 55 and 94 operate about a 4 minute frequency along Washwood Heath Road when added together so the 70 won't be missed.

Some buses run almost empty during the daytime on both routes so Washwood Heath will cope.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Gareth

Quote from: Brummie45 on April 28, 2017, 09:18:06 AM
The 55 and 94 operate about a 4 minute frequency along Washwood Heath Road when added together so the 70 won't be missed.

Some buses run almost empty during the daytime on both routes so Washwood Heath will cope.

But what about evenings, Sundays, peak periods?
Including the April changes, there's 8-10 buses per hour during the day going from Washwood Heath and Nechells.

CBBUser

Details now published to NXWM site
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/east-birmingham-service-changes-from-sunday-4th-june-2017

14 Rerouted between Tile Cross and Chelmsley Wood, no longer serving Marston Green
55 to run a single route around Shard End
71 no longer serving Kingshurst
Drews Lane no longer served at all
96 is Mon - Sat Daytime only...no service to Fort Shopping Park on Sundays

Lots of other tweaks as well

MW

The above link mentions that the curtailed 72 will be run using Double Deckers. I'm guessing that some of the E200 MMCs will find a new home, because 50 of them for routes 37 & 58 & possible the 73 should it return to AG (which it probably will). Too many MMCs that.

Whether AG will gain a new vehicle type or just receive more B7TLs from elsewhere will be interesting.

John

Quote from: MW on April 28, 2017, 05:05:01 PM
The above link mentions that the curtailed 72 will be run using Double Deckers. I'm guessing that some of the E200 MMCs will find a new home, because 50 of them for routes 37 & 58 & possible the 73 should it return to AG (which it probably will). Too many MMCs that.

Whether AG will gain a new vehicle type or just receive more B7TLs from elsewhere will be interesting.

It said on the new timetable for the 71 that Acocks Green are still running it. A long way for driver changes if they are

Isle of Stroma

Now the details are emerging, I suppose i'd better not say what I actually think of the changes. Well, not without getting chucked off the forum at least...

Kevin

Good to see at least that they've got their act together and given fair notice this time, as opposed the few weeks we've been used to of late
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

monkeyjoe

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on April 28, 2017, 05:28:45 PM
Now the details are emerging, I suppose i'd better not say what I actually think of the changes. Well, not without getting chucked off the forum at least...

Loads of cuts lol

Brummie45

Will be interesting with driver change over being at Chelmsley Wood I should think for the 71 with AG still operating it.

Will a driver do a 71 trip then change onto a 72 to get them to Solihull and vice versa.

Steve
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Quote from: MW on April 28, 2017, 05:05:01 PM

If AG have extra E200 MMC they could  be put on the 1 rather than leaving AG, it gets some E200 MMC anyway, Monday to Friday. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

I see that the new 58 will be rerouted in Olton and will now serve the rail station. I pondered on this myself a couple of years ago.

Kind of ironic, seeing as Lea Hall station will no longer have any direct bus service.

Bit disappointed by the reduction in frequency on the X1 and X2 (between city and Yardley/Sheldon), and am puzzled by the frequency increase between the airport and Coventry.

Still, to be fair, if the 60 can actually stay on time, in the mornings it can be just as quick as the X1/X2 between the Swan and Bordesley station, depending on how bad the congestion is on Small Heath Highway.

I've already had one complaint on my Facebook page, from someone who has been using the 97A for the last 2-3 years to get to their job at the airport for 4am.

I can appreciate that the network needed a bit of simplification, but these changes may have gone a little too far for some passengers.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: John on April 28, 2017, 05:13:40 PM
It said on the new timetable for the 71 that Acocks Green are still running it. A long way for driver changes if they are

In that case, they'll probably interwork in some shape or form.

Steveminor

How to destroy a network in 3 easy steps. Mr coates probably rubber stamped tgese changes before he left.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk