News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy41

Quote from: Tony on April 27, 2017, 10:47:33 AM
How many people make one single journey using two buses, but don't make either a return journey or a different journey later on?

Tony clearly your experience of how passengers travel and behave is substantial but I can assure you that in my experience there are a lot of these types of journey made.

And these changes will create that need further .

andy41

Quote from: Winston on April 27, 2017, 11:01:02 AM
People that work shifts that finish late & get a lift/taxi home instead, people on a nights out that get taxi's home etc

I don't see how NX can know who travels what/where/when & how often when it comes to cash payers. They only record the data where passengers get on, they don't know where they got off or where else the daysaver ticket has been used & how often, as the aren't scanned and the data recorded. 

If daysaver tickets had a bar code on then that could be scanned for each journey it would also cutout fraud and provde comprehensive journey data.

Exactly my point Winston. Commercial are now fidgeting around in the dark.

Brummie45

There is noway NXWM can know where people get on and off buses just by the tickets issued. Only way they would know is by looking at the cctv

Just because someone buys a ticket doesn't tell them where they are getting off.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Stu

Quote from: Brummie45 on April 27, 2017, 11:28:18 AM
There is noway NXWM can know where people get on and off buses just by the tickets issued. Only way they would know is by looking at the cctv

Just because someone buys a ticket doesn't tell them where they are getting off.

And that is the reason why they have these consultations, as the raw ticketing data only tells half a story.

Getting back to topic, I noticed this morning that the PDF on the NWM now doesn't show the 4th June changes.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on April 27, 2017, 12:15:04 PM
And that is the reason why they have these consultations, as the raw ticketing data only tells half a story.

And if you notice, many of the proposed changes at consultation stage are implemented regardless.

Stu

Quote from: Winston on April 27, 2017, 12:34:13 PM
And if you notice, many of the proposed changes at consultation stage are implemented regardless.

Depends on the responses from passengers. If responses indicate that passengers approve the changes, then of course they'll get implemented.

For greater transparency, do you think that all passenger responses should be made available for view? Of course, without any personally identifiable information shown. That would give the public more confidence that their opinion matters.
My locals:

winston

Quote from: Stu on April 27, 2017, 12:44:00 PM
Depends on the responses from passengers. If responses indicate that passengers approve the changes, then of course they'll get implemented.

For greater transparency, do you think that all passenger responses should be made available for view? Of course, without any personally identifiable information shown. That would give the public more confidence that their opinion matters.

Stu - the point I was trying to make was, in how many instances have you seen the implemented service changes be any different from the consultation proposals? Regardless of of how many respondents and what the general consensus was

It would make interesting reading to see how many people respond & what the majorities views are. The responses must all have to be collated together already for NX to use when making a final decision.

Stu

Quote from: Winston on April 27, 2017, 01:26:31 PM
Stu - the point I was trying to make was, in how many instances have you seen the implemented service changes be any different from the consultation proposals? Regardless of of how many respondents and what the general consensus was

One recent one, regarding a change to the X51 route in Birmingham city centre:
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/x51-consultation-changes-sunday-23rd-april-2017

My locals:

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Stu on April 27, 2017, 12:15:04 PM

Getting back to topic, I noticed this morning that the PDF on the NWM now doesn't show the 4th June changes.

It shows some of them if you go direct to the main website. The one emailed to me didn't.

winston

Quote from: Stu on April 27, 2017, 03:12:56 PM
One recent one, regarding a change to the X51 route in Birmingham city centre:
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/x51-consultation-changes-sunday-23rd-april-2017

That's the only one, I've ever seen, plus that one was asking the question of what passengers prefer. They're generally don't very often offer options.

Typically, at the major area reviews as per the East B'ham services changes, it is these are our proposals for comment to comment on and those are typically what get implemented.

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on April 27, 2017, 11:16:19 AM
Tony clearly your experience of how passengers travel and behave is substantial but I can assure you that in my experience there are a lot of these types of journey made.

And these changes will create that need further .

There are plenty of journies made needing two buses, but very few people who don't need another bus later on.

Tony

Quote from: Brummie45 on April 27, 2017, 07:35:48 AM
Having used the 72/94 from Birmingham to Smiths Wood to and from work for years, Washwood Heath Roads problem is the traffic lights at Drews Lane junction which causes the traffic to queue back up the hill to Aston Church Road and beyond towards Saltlley Gate.

Making the 70 the X70 and the 72 linking up with the 966 to form the X12 won't eradicate the delays. All it will do is make the X12 unreliable at peak times.

The use of Aston Church Road can actually not be any quicker. Claribels use it now and again in the rush hour.

They are not going along Aston Church Road. They are non-stop from City Centre to Bromford allowing them to use Heartlands Parkway as the normal route. If that is badly congested they will use the Aston Expressway and Tyburn Road

Quote from: Tony on April 27, 2017, 06:20:16 PM
They are not going along Aston Church Road. They are non-stop from City Centre to Bromford allowing them to use Heartlands Parkway as the normal route. If that is badly congested they will use the Aston Expressway and Tyburn Road
Will the X70 still serve the Fox and Goose @Tony, or will it serve the Bromford Estate instead?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Tony on April 27, 2017, 06:20:16 PM

Wow that is impressive. What about Drews lane though?? If in Brum in my house might even be worth the walk down to the bottom of the road instead on using vendor avenue if I did decide to use a bus again.

monkeyjoe

Is the Solihull to airport bit going to be 24 hrs?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk