News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

So if Solihull TS shuts, the nearest place is going to be Brum then?

Quote from: Westy on April 18, 2017, 09:41:01 PM
So if Solihull TS shuts, the nearest place is going to be Brum then?
If it shut the nearest would be Birmingham City Centre (10.2 miles away). Afterthat its Coventry City Centre, Pool Meadow (14.9 miles away).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Travel centres must be a dying thing anyway. No disrespect but the majority of the demographic who use them, will they still be around in 10 years time? With smartphones etc times are changing. NXBUS are starting to put plans in place to catch up and overtake other areas at last.

monkeyjoe

Would this be a good time to change the numbering so it makes more sense:-

ie 55 could be be the 95. (or 94 = 54)
70 back to the 90.
X12 not sure I get the sequencing logic but hopefully will become clear.

(Just thoughts not moaning??).

I dunno just a random thought whilst I procrastinate preparing a presentation lol.

Jack D

Waiting for the Network Support changes weekly email see if any changes will be on it ?

Steve3229vp

PD0001111/731 Cancelled (Short notice)
WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD
Route: Erdington circular to Erdington circular via Sutton Coldfield
Service number: 15A, 15C (15A, 15C)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 04 Jun 2017

To be replaced by the 66 in Boldmere, the Penns Lane and Walmley is unlikely to be replaced.

Brummie45

Looks like there's more to come. There's still time for other operators to start registering services aswell.

I'm still waiting to see if X12 will either serve Smiths Wood or Yorkswood.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Solo1

Re solhull bus office it is closing staff moving to other offices  timetables from libary or on line  &travel cards from newsagent or direct debit

Jack D

Jack D

Brummie45

Service changes now on network West Midlands website.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Kevin

Few other changes I see as well
94 more direct into Chelmsley Wood
X1 and X2 apparently "revised stopping" hopefully they're going to reduce the stops, make them more worthwhile "express" services
17 terminus loop change around the Radleys?
66 according to that document still running to Kingstanding
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on April 26, 2017, 06:16:36 PM
Few other changes I see as well
94 more direct into Chelmsley Wood
X1 and X2 apparently "revised stopping" hopefully they're going to reduce the stops, make them more worthwhile "express" services
17 terminus loop change around the Radleys?
66 according to that document still running to Kingstanding
The 66 says revised route to replace service 15A and 15C, which will mean to Sutton via Boldmere.
Hopefully not, the X1 and X2 stops work how they are in my opinion, quicker links for passengers to the City Centre, from Sheldon and Yardley without having to sit in the Small Heath traffic.
The 70 says via Smiths Wood as well?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

:D

The changes are especially brutal to passengers living in certain areas.

As timetables are not out yet, I'm really curious as to how much of an increase in frequency on main corridor routes that can be gained from cutting back longer and/or indirect bus routes.

markcf83

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 19, 2017, 06:24:33 AM
Travel centres must be a dying thing anyway. No disrespect but the majority of the demographic who use them, will they still be around in 10 years time? With smartphones etc times are changing. NXBUS are starting to put plans in place to catch up and overtake other areas at last.

Unquestionably yes. Me for one. I insist on having physical timetables and maps where possible.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk