News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 13, 2017, 08:42:53 PM

Not really sure that the 96 should/ would cover yorks wood no direct link to city which has been in place since ??

X70 do you think it was miss out the bulk of passengers i.e. Wash wood corridor unless it's a few limited peak hour journeys.

Before the 70 and 73 interworked the 70 used 5 buses on the route, the new X70 would use 4 which is reduction of 20%, so would the passengers drop more than 20% or less than 20%, I think less

monkeyjoe

Interesting how do you know it would use 4 if we don't know the route yet?

I'm much more interested in speculation / insight and debating rather than knowing what bus appeared on what route lol.

Lukeee

Nice to see the 66 return to Sutton, will it run as far as Finchley road/kings road then follow the 5 route to Sutton or run the old 66A route via Boldmere

Quote from: Lukeee on April 14, 2017, 12:16:06 AM
Nice to see the 66 return to Sutton, will it run as far as Finchley road/kings road then follow the 5 route to Sutton or run the old 66A route via Boldmere
Via Boldmere.
The 96 will replace the Kingstanding to Erdington section on the 66.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Lukeee

Quote from: 2206 on April 14, 2017, 05:27:02 AM
Via Boldmere.
The 96 will replace the Kingstanding to Erdington section on the 66.

Thanks mate

monkeyjoe

Random thought if Bromford Rd was to get a bus to make X70 express using the from Hunters and then Heartlands parkway would NXWM have consulted residents by now? I can't see it happening, but if they were planning that.

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 14, 2017, 01:44:40 PM
Random thought if Bromford Rd was to get a bus to make X70 express using the from Hunters and then Heartlands parkway would NXWM have consulted residents by now? I can't see it happening, but if they were planning that.
No residents were consulted about the, 98, 99 and X64 change.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Eric Shaw

The 59 has been cancelled without any replacement. It was suggested in the consultation that it would run from Yardley to Kingshurst only. Is this yet to be announced, or could it become a tendered service?

Quote from: Eric Shaw on April 14, 2017, 03:05:00 PM
The 59 has been cancelled without any replacement. It was suggested in the consultation that it would run from Yardley to Kingshurst only. Is this yet to be announced, or could it become a tendered service?
So are the 56 and S1.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Eric Shaw on April 14, 2017, 03:05:00 PM

There are probably some other changes which are not showing as registered yet. I doubt the 59 would be completely withdrawn without any replacement between Yardley and Kingshurst; certainly on the few occasions when I've used it there's always a fair few passengers.
Quote from: 2206 on April 14, 2017, 03:12:59 PM
So are the 56 and S1.

The 56 only operates evenings and Sundays, so whatever replaces the 59 will likely replace the 56 also.

As for the S1 I've never used it myself, but as it only operates in one direction, it will depend on what the loadings are like between Warwick Road and Damson Parkway, and what line of route the new X12 will take from Solihull.

As I already stated here, all will become clear once the official details are announced.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack D

Stu

Quote from: Jack D on April 16, 2017, 06:36:39 PM
Has anyone got anymore updates?

Clearly not, otherwise they would have been posted here already!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Eric Shaw

The Solihull travel office is to close on 28th April, according to a notice in the window.
The April route changes will see a  reduction of pvr with the demise of the 99 and shortening of the 3
The 4th June changes will also apparently see savings, especially if the 59 is not replaced,
Is this a general attempt to improve profit margins?.

Brummie45

These changes will bring the end to a direct service from Solihull to Sutton Coldfield which has been operating for years and years. I remember the 166 that operated before the 71.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

monkeyjoe

The time that journey takes I can get to from my house in Brum to flat in London. Let's hope if saving margins get some nice new buses to the area. Wonder if pb will take over 71

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk