News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes December 2016

Started by Adam 404, October 10, 2016, 05:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

winston

Quote from: karl724223 on October 11, 2016, 11:43:58 AM
X9 maybe

I expect an X9 to be joining the list of Platinum routes at some point in the not too distant future, possibly 2017 orders now

Dom

Quote from: Winston on October 11, 2016, 11:57:25 AM
I expect an X9 to be joining the list of Platinum routes at some point in the not too distant future, possibly 2017 orders now

I don't see how they could make an express version of the 9 personally unless they do the bodge job they did on the X10

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on October 11, 2016, 01:49:45 PM
I don't see how they could make an express version of the 9 personally unless they do the bodge job they did on the X10

or like the last X1
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Dom on October 11, 2016, 01:49:45 PM

They could do a limited stop version via Quinton Expressway

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on October 11, 2016, 01:58:16 PM
They could do a limited stop version via Quinton Expressway

Would it work though, how much time could be shaved off a journey especially in the rush hour. Certainly from Stourbridge and Lye, the train is always going to be quicker although a lot more expensive.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

paulb1973

Do I take it that the 900 could become 'X1' - at least is doesn't clash with any X-services Stagecoach/De Courcey/Diamond services in Coventry! Stagecoach run an X68 from Coventry - I don't suppose we'll be reaching that high! It's been all 900 since deregulation I seem to recall (running as the 159/900 from c.1985 initially).

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 11, 2016, 01:55:24 PM
or like the last X1

The last X1 was a joke, hardly express when you go via Sedgley, Tipton, Dudley (can't remember the route past Dudley). No limited stop or anything. Am I right in saying it was only a seasonal thing, or was that the X99

Trident 4609

Quote from: Dom on October 11, 2016, 04:56:18 PM
The last X1 was a joke, hardly express when you go via Sedgley, Tipton, Dudley (can't remember the route past Dudley). No limited stop or anything. Am I right in saying it was only a seasonal thing, or was that the X99

That was the X99 that only ran seasonal. Although, the X1 didn't last long itself. Lasted for a year at most (could have been less). Followed the X96 route to Merry Hill from Dudley.

Tony

Quote from: Dom on October 11, 2016, 04:56:18 PM

So hardly stopping at any stops between Wolverhampton and Sedgley is not Limited Stop?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on October 11, 2016, 05:11:31 PM
That was the X99 that only ran seasonal. Although, the X1 didn't last long itself. Lasted for a year at most (could have been less). Followed the X96 route to Merry Hill from Dudley.

Surely the X99 must have carried a few passengers for them to even consider an X1?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on October 11, 2016, 05:19:46 PM
So hardly stopping at any stops between Wolverhampton and Sedgley is not Limited Stop?

That's true but the elongated route between Dudley and Sedgley was the sticking point, it had followed the 1 toute it might have been better used.

Eric Shaw

Does anyone know yet if the X1 will be diverted via Coleshill Road/Chester Road on its way to Coventry or if the journeys to Coleshill Road/Chester will be an extension of the current 900E? If the latter is the case I would have thought it would have justified a separate route number.

:D

Quote from: Eric Shaw on October 25, 2016, 07:15:35 PM
Does anyone know yet if the X1 will be diverted via Coleshill Road/Chester Road on its way to Coventry or if the journeys to Coleshill Road/Chester will be an extension of the current 900E? If the latter is the case I would have thought it would have justified a separate route number.

Coleshill Heath Road/Chester Road is around where Birmingham Business Park is. I think it's more likely that there'll be extensions to there few times a day in similar fashion to 900A with going through Small Heath.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk