News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 4th Sept

Started by winston, July 12, 2016, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Precisely, the age of buses people don't care about, it's the condition that's important. The B7TL/ALX400 have been a neglected batch of buses and even by 2009 buses fresh out paint shop were horrible inside.

Preston Bus' s tridents for example, older buses but look pretty showroom inside and out. A lot of First and Stagecoach buses have received more interim retrims along the way.

Quote from: Winston on August 10, 2016, 10:46:06 AM
The main issue with the buses in question (PB's - 42-- B7TL/ALX400's) is a number were early repaints during a period when they weren't refurbished internally, and they also now fall outside of the range of 4425+ that will be treated to Crimson repaints/refurbs due to their age.
good point winston there's a few at west brom like that still on there original interiors, many are great drivers just awful looking, I often feel these ALX400 B7TL,s voith,s have had a rough ride when coming to refurbs same as many merc,s did.

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 10, 2016, 11:00:05 AM
Preston Bus' s tridents for example, older buses but look pretty showroom inside and out. A lot of First and Stagecoach buses have received more interim retrims along the way.

Stagecoach maybe, First unlikely. There are large numbers of B7L / B7TL & so forth still in daily service at various subsidaries W-reg & above that have newer had a retrim since new, similariy some ex First London Tridents were never re-trimmed either, and just had extra seats added where converted from single door.

Some PB ALX400's fell in to the trap where NXWM were investing much in their local fleet both refurbishing existing & buying new in favour of expanding Travel London, then of course NX Group came close to collapse / takeover being strangled with massive debts.

Quote from: Tony on August 10, 2016, 08:54:03 AM
Yes, but you complained when a route you admit you don't use got fully refurbished, reliable buses
The 94 still gets the unrefurbished B7TL ALX400 quite often, there were around 4/5 of them on there yesterday including 4282.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Winston on August 10, 2016, 11:07:29 AM
Stagecoach maybe, First unlikely. There are large numbers of B7L / B7TL & so forth still in daily service at various subsidaries W-reg & above that have newer had a retrim since new, similariy some ex First London Tridents were never re-trimmed either, and just had extra seats added where converted from single door.

Some PB ALX400's fell in to the trap where NXWM were investing much in their local fleet both refurbishing existing & buying new in favour of expanding Travel London, then of course NX Group came close to collapse / takeover being strangled with massive debts.

Stagecoach's policy on standard vehicles is generally repaint at 4, repaint/retrim at 8, repaint at 12, withdrawn at 16. So Stagecoach run buses with 8 year old trim.

Although some buses including around a dozen of PBs 42xx avoided a retrim due to what Winston mentioned above, in general NX trim is replaced after a shorter time than all of First, Stagecoach & Arriva.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on August 10, 2016, 11:29:00 AM
The 94 still gets the unrefurbished B7TL ALX400 quite often, there were around 4/5 of them on there yesterday including 4282.

There wasn't 4/5 unrefurbished 42xx on the 94 yesterday, as most of the 42xx on there were refurbished!

Quote from: Tony on August 10, 2016, 11:31:55 AM
There wasn't 4/5 unrefurbished 42xx on the 94 yesterday, as most of the 42xx on there were refurbished!
I meant there were about 4/5 B7TL ALX400 including a couple of unrefurbished 42**, it still seems to get unrefurbished B7TL ALX400 on there quite often.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Lukeee

I know NX have no plans to put the 42xx in crimson but it would be nice to see a couple gain a quick touch up to the existing paint and retrim the seats

monkeyjoe

My beef is the lack of spread of resources in nxwm I do not see in the area where I used to live. Same old routes and that is what I see and doesn't look like it's going to change. I think the 33 is due another rebranding and up grade in the time I've written this.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 10, 2016, 06:38:47 PM
Same old routes and that is what I see and doesn't look like it's going to change.

That's because you've got your eyes shut and just enjoy a moan

First route upgraded this year
529 - last new buses, 41xx Tridents
Second Route
126 - last new buses - never actually received a dedicated fleet of new buses

Other routes
Bristol Road - last new buses 43xx Tridents
X10 (ex 141 last new buses Presidents when it was the 99)
966 - last new buses Timesaver Metrobuses (and it runs into East Birmingham)
960 - last new buses 46xx Tridents ( and again an East Birmingham route)

yes same old routes!

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on August 10, 2016, 06:48:47 PM

Second Route

Other routes

yes same old routes!
Did the 126 not have route branded 04 Tridents the 4 speed voith ones when they were new @Tony?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Squiz1971 on August 10, 2016, 06:57:44 PM
Did the 126 not have route branded 04 Tridents the 4 speed voith ones when they were new @Tony?

Didn't get branded till sometime in 2005 (was only 10 of them aswell which is only about half the PVR). 4535-609 were new at WN to see off older Metrobuses so were spread about across many routes (like they still are now)

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Tony on August 10, 2016, 06:48:47 PM

Second Route

Other routes

yes same old routes!

So the last couple of years their have not been a core certain routes that have received a least 2 min lots  of buses and make overs upgrades , whilst others still get nothing. I'm entitled to my view I know what I see and I've been around long enough to witness it.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Nathan on August 10, 2016, 07:00:23 PM
Didn't get branded till sometime in 2005 (was only 10 of them aswell which is only about half the PVR). 4535-609 were new at WN to see off older Metrobuses so were spread about across many routes (like they still are now)
Oh right ok thanks @Nathan I knew some tridents on the 126's had been branded similar to the metrobus mk2a styling

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 10, 2016, 07:08:42 PM
So the last couple of years their have not been a core certain routes that have received a least 2 min lots  of buses and make overs upgrades , whilst others still get nothing. I'm entitled to my view I know what I see and I've been around long enough to witness it.

Last Year
Coventry 2/3 - never before
Walsall 335/6; 70 - last new B6s
several WN routes - never
71/72 - B7RLEs, but that doesn't count as buses in your area never get upgraded
243/244 - never
X51 - Timesaver Metros
9 - 8 years previous E400s
50 - 9 years previous

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk