News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 4th Sept

Started by winston, July 12, 2016, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

11 is fine thank you very much. Wasn't fine a year or two ago with the Plaxtons, but it's great now. Keep your MMCs and StreetDecks.

GeminiFan1991

Strictly speaking I would say Geminis on the 11 is a good combination 8) I'm sure it would be nice if it had all crimsons but I like its current branding and it goes well and it's a nice upgrade compared to the shoddy plaxtons that were on it a while back !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

andy41

Quote from: Winston on August 10, 2016, 10:46:06 AM
The main issue with the buses in question (PB's - 42-- B7TL/ALX400's) is a number were early repaints during a period when they weren't refurbished internally, and they also now fall outside of the range of 4425+ that will be treated to Crimson repaints/refurbs due to their age.

Winston, this has been my point all along. I see with interest the various discussions that have gone on while I wasn't looking. Most of it is around age profile and share around depots etc which is fine. But my point has never been the age of these vehicles, it is the condition and neglect of them over the years. There are vehicles in the fleet older than these that have had 2 refurbs in their life where some of these have had none. And the other point was that these routes had new vehicles in the past and should be higher profile than others that get treated better, particularly in the case of the 67

In terms of concentrating one vehicle type on a route, there is simply no need to do it. Drivers at PB are type trained on the full allocation so please explain why the 67 needs a full compliment of this tat every day?

Thankyou for at least understanding my point, regardless of whether you agree with my opinion.

winston

Quote from: andy41 on August 11, 2016, 10:26:18 AM
Winston, this has been my point all along. I see with interest the various discussions that have gone on while I wasn't looking. Most of it is around age profile and share around depots etc which is fine. But my point has never been the age of these vehicles, it is the condition and neglect of them over the years. There are vehicles in the fleet older than these that have had 2 refurbs in their life where some of these have had none. And the other point was that these routes had new vehicles in the past and should be higher profile than others that get treated better, particularly in the case of the 67

In terms of concentrating one vehicle type on a route, there is simply no need to do it. Drivers at PB are type trained on the full allocation so please explain why the 67 needs a full compliment of this tat every day?

Thankyou for at least understanding my point, regardless of whether you agree with my opinion.

I can see your point, I think Tony said around a dozen were affecetd (repainted during 2008/9) in the then new NXWM red/white livery with radiator bars, which back then didn't included internal retrims. NXWM during that period weren't spending much money on the existing fleet or buying new buses in quantity, due to being distracted expanding Travel London & then the ECML/group debt crisis.

The 67 does deserve better presented vehicles, maybe a consiuous effort could be made at PB to confine those in the worst condition (internally/externally) to peak extras & schools work to miminze the amount of time they are in service, visible to the general public?

I doubt they have enough life in them to warrant being spruced up in existing livery, unless they could be sold on for further service & it adds value to them.

edit - The 65 & 67 fleet will need to be replaced prior to May 2017, as they will need to be min Euro 4 from then onwards

Dom

Changes and timetables are now up on the NX website.

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/black-country-service-changes-from-4th-september

Good to see that the 39 will use the bus station and the frequency increase on the 79.

MW

Quote from: Dom on August 12, 2016, 03:16:36 PM

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/black-country-service-changes-from-4th-september

Good to see that the 39 will use the bus station and the frequency increase on the 79.

Bloody hell, don't they proof read?!

Dom

Quote from: MW on August 12, 2016, 03:22:16 PM

''Darlaston and Walsall will now new to change buses at Darlaston interchange''

It's not even a simple typo

winston

Will the curtailment of the 39 free up any buses at Walsall for transfer? But obviously WN will need more buses for the 79 but deckers

Stuharris 6360

Interesting to read that "Due to severe traffic congestion, in particular along the Soho Road and across the M5 motorway at the Hawthorns, this has lead to poor reliability on the 74 and 75 over the past 12 months. This has resulted in buses being unable to operate as reliable as planned and has significantly impacted customer journeys."

So why isn't the 74 being withdrawn and replaced by a service between Birmingham and West Bromwich and another one between West Bromwich and Dudley.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Jack6101

Because more people use the 74 plus the 75 runs along side the metro
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Dom

Quote from: Winston on August 12, 2016, 03:37:07 PM
Will the curtailment of the 39 free up any buses at Walsall for transfer? But obviously WN will need more buses for the 79 but deckers

Depends on interworking. Looking at the timetable it looks like the 34, 37 and 39 will interwork.

WN won't need more buses as the Platinums will be in service by then so the number going out will just be slightly less, I would imagine.

winston

Quote from: Dom on August 12, 2016, 05:13:51 PM
Depends on interworking. Looking at the timetable it looks like the 34, 37 and 39 will interwork.

WN won't need more buses as the Platinums will be in service by then so the number going out will just be slightly less, I would imagine.

Re-phrasing my comment - WN's Pvr will increase with the frequency doubling on the 79, therefore, fewer deckers will be cascaded out as a result of new Platinum deliveries

Sh4318

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 12, 2016, 05:03:23 PM
Interesting to read that "Due to severe traffic congestion, in particular along the Soho Road and across the M5 motorway at the Hawthorns, this has lead to poor reliability on the 74 and 75 over the past 12 months. This has resulted in buses being unable to operate as reliable as planned and has significantly impacted customer journeys."

So why isn't the 74 being withdrawn and replaced by a service between Birmingham and West Bromwich and another one between West Bromwich and Dudley.

This would never happen. There's no good reason to withdraw a core, well used frequency route with no alternative. The 75 has an alternative, so the impact of withdrawal is a lot less
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Quote from: MW on August 12, 2016, 03:22:16 PM

Another one:
As a result of the above we are changing services 39, 75, 75 & 79 to prove a simpler and more effective network of buses, that will hopefully benefit the majority of our customers.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steve3229vp

With the 75 been replaced by 74E's and more 79's I think this could be the start of future service changes involving splitting more longer routes to improve reliability. With traffic congestion as it is now this is the only way to improve reliability, long routes just don't work anymore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk