News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Proposed East Birmingham and North Solihull Service Changes.

Started by 2206, June 30, 2016, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busmapper

Quote from: Winston on September 09, 2016, 07:41:25 PM
Through tickets to the City Centre may need to be considered, otherwise passengers will have to pay more than currently, which may not be popular.
Agreed.
In fact I've been reading about London's Bus Hopper ticket (second journey free within the hour) here and as per the comments following the article [@ 14 Sep 2016, 16:41], you realise that this opens up lots of opportunities for rationalisation of routes similar to that being proposed here on the Cov Rd.
With Swift and now Contactless on the way, would it not be in NXWM's interest to copy the TfL Hopper ticket idea opening up opportunities for further route rationalisation to be consulted on where appropriate?

monkeyjoe

Tony

Quote from: Busmapper on September 20, 2016, 09:51:03 PM
Agreed.
In fact I've been reading about London's Bus Hopper ticket (second journey free within the hour) here and as per the comments following the article [@ 14 Sep 2016, 16:41], you realise that this opens up lots of opportunities for rationalisation of routes similar to that being proposed here on the Cov Rd.
With Swift and now Contactless on the way, would it not be in NXWM's interest to copy the TfL Hopper ticket idea opening up opportunities for further route rationalisation to be consulted on where appropriate?

They have, it's called a Daysaver, or off-peak daysaver, something you cannot buy in London for Buses only.

In fact if you check your history you will find WMPTE introduced a 'Thrufare' ticket in the 1980s, 30 years before London had this 'new' idea, this developed into daysaver

monkeyjoe

Any more developments here yet? ^ bump

monkeyjoe

Gareth

monkeyjoe

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 21, 2016, 10:38:18 PM
There's always gossip that what I was getting at.

But if nothing is happening, there's nothing to gossip about

:D

If anything, any changes is likely to come from TFWM when they implement integrated ticketing system next year, but even then, there is no indication that TFWM is planning to do bus hopper ticket.

Kevin

So. Lack of any news indicates no immediate changes to anything. But it's a definite that AG are gaining Platinum buses, and near as damnit confirmed they're for the 966

Seems very strange to think they'd upgrade a route that has existed in it's current state for years with a fanfare of swanky new(ish) buses, then within half a year let's say completely change that same route. So logic says there isn't going to he any change to it (or if there is there's gonna be a fair few complaints)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

the trainbasher

Quote from: Kevin on December 03, 2016, 08:00:00 PM
So. Lack of any news indicates no immediate changes to anything. But it's a definite that AG are gaining Platinum buses, and near as damnit confirmed they're for the 966

Seems very strange to think they'd upgrade a route that has existed in it's current state for years with a fanfare of swanky new(ish) buses, then within half a year let's say completely change that same route. So logic says there isn't going to he any change to it (or if there is there's gonna be a fair few complaints)

They are bus passengers...they are always going to complain for something!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

monkeyjoe

I noticed a post on facebook asking nxwm to keep the 72 on Windward Way, anyone know what could have generated this request etc?

Squiz1971

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 13, 2016, 06:15:48 PM
I noticed a post on facebook asking nxwm to keep the 72 on Windward Way, anyone know what could have generated this request etc?
The proposal is to re route the 72 onto part of the 55 route by discarding the 55a I think it said the 72 would go down Hurst Lane instead of Hurst Lane North. Cannot remember the full details @monkeyjoe

karl724223

News just in there demolishing east bermingum and making it part of the greater Black Country with pensnett running the buses

monkeyjoe

Quote from: karl724223 on December 13, 2016, 06:33:48 PM
News just in there demolishing east bermingum and making it part of the greater Black Country with pensnett running the buses

O

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk