News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Proposed East Birmingham and North Solihull Service Changes.

Started by 2206, June 30, 2016, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

Likewise, could there be any effect to the Damsonwood S1 service if the 966 is being increased to every 20 minutes?

Perhaps NX are intent on handing over S1 to another operator, Igo or Diamond who have the possibility of merging/interworking with their 30 service if that doesn't detriment reliability.

monkeyjoe

Well guess it makes sense to balance the books the Solihull to damson wood and the erdington to fort sections potentially receiving reduced frequencies . As they say people habits change etc

Stu

Quote from: JPC on July 10, 2016, 05:06:04 PM
Likewise, could there be any effect to the Damsonwood S1 service if the 966 is being increased to every 20 minutes?

Perhaps NX are intent on handing over S1 to another operator, Igo or Diamond who have the possibility of merging/interworking with their 30 service if that doesn't detriment reliability.
Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 10, 2016, 05:11:26 PM
Well guess it makes sense to balance the books the Solihull to damson wood and the erdington to fort sections potentially receiving reduced frequencies . As they say people habits change etc
I've always found the S1 a curious one; a circular service that only operates in one direction! Must be feasible though, otherwise surely NX would have disposed of it already.
Perhaps if the new 966 was kept half-hourly, and a new 966A was introduced also running half-hourly (Mon-Fri daytimes), via the Damson Parkway part of the S1 route, that could be a solution? Any other thoughts anyone?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Adam 404

Quote from: Stu on July 10, 2016, 06:16:50 PM
I've always found the S1 a curious one; a circular service that only operates in one direction! Must be feasible though, otherwise surely NX would have disposed of it already.
Perhaps if the new 966 was kept half-hourly, and a new 966A was introduced also running half-hourly (Mon-Fri daytimes), via the Damson Parkway part of the S1 route, that could be a solution? Any other thoughts anyone?
This is an idea I had. I think that would work quite well myself.

Quote from: Stu on July 10, 2016, 06:16:50 PM
Maybe the 37 could possibly be extended to the Airport via - Damsonwood Parkway then the 966 route?, every 30 minutes (Monday - Saturday daytime)?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Adam 404 on July 10, 2016, 06:22:44 PM
This is an idea I had. I think that would work quite well myself.
Quote from: 2206 on July 10, 2016, 06:32:05 PM
Maybe the 37 could possibly be extended to the Airport along Damsonwood Parkway?, every 30 minutes (Monday - Saturday daytime)?

I neither use the S1 or have access to the passenger information, so at this point I don't even know if that section of the route is used at all or not.

Geographically though, if a fast direct route between Solihull and the Airport is desired, that looks to be the one to take. I may be wrong though!
My locals:

Dutsey

Thinking about it I believe rerouting the 966 via the business park may be easier than the rerouting of the 900 and if timed with train arrivals would be onto a winner I believe

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Dutsey on July 10, 2016, 11:35:24 PM
Thinking about it I believe rerouting the 966 via the business park may be easier than the rerouting of the 900 and if timed with train arrivals would be onto a winner I believe

I think they tried that before with a 966a during peak times and didn't last very long

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Dutsey on July 10, 2016, 11:35:24 PM

seems good, adding Platinum buses makes the route a winner in my opinion

Do any NX services serve the business Park ? I know AG5 goes quite close there
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

monkeyjoe

The 97/70/966 it's about a 5 minute work from the 97 terminus through a work through I remember from when I had my student placement with Xerox there, must be showing my age now think they are long gone.

Stu

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 11, 2016, 12:13:58 AM
Do any NX services serve the business Park ? I know AG5 goes quite close there

AG's 5 goes nowhere near Birmingham Business Park!
My locals:

monkeyjoe

Think probably meant the 3 going to the Shirley business park. I could be wrong.

Squiz1971

AG5 goes through Monks Path/Solihull Business Park I believe as I had to catch the AG5 for a job interview there last year sometime

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stu on July 11, 2016, 07:21:44 AM
AG's 5 goes nowhere near Birmingham Business Park!

Should have made it clear, I was referring to Solihull Business Park !  :D
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stu

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 11, 2016, 06:05:22 PM
Should have made it clear, I was referring to Solihull Business Park !  :D

The consultation document only refers to proposals for Birmingham Business Park.

For your information, yes the 5 passes through Cranmore Industrial Estate (Highlands Road) and also passes by Monkspath Business Park and Solihull Business Park (which was just a load of dirt and grass when I used to work on the Cranmore a few years ago!).

But again, can we please keep this on topic?
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk