News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Which competitor , on which routes puts the most dents in nxwm profits???

Started by monkeyjoe, May 01, 2016, 12:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

What do people think ? Discuss

I reckon Diamond on the 16 , based on what I don't know. Having said that nxwm don't act as aggressively as they used too back in twm days.

Dom

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 01, 2016, 12:43:14 PM
What do people think ? Discuss

I reckon Diamond on the 16 , based on what I don't know. Having said that nxwm don't act as aggressively as they used too back in twm days.

301?

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

In the 'old days', TWM would've registered extra journeys on the 311, to see off Thandi.

Obviously NX think 'Every 10 mins' combined with the 311 / 313 is adaquate for that route!

sonic84

I agree with diamond on the 16 which, diamond operate very frequently during the day.

I also think diamond on the 4H would also be another contender.

GeminiFan1991

I know you asked for NXWM, but I'm surmising NXC does take some hit by other operators such as Stagecoach
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Solo1

Kevin

Quote from: sonic84 on May 01, 2016, 02:11:59 PM
I also think diamond on the 4H would also be another contender.

Nah... NX are Diamond's competition there, the Diamond route West Brom to Halesowen had been going ages
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 2206 on May 01, 2016, 01:13:56 PM
Or, possibly Claribels on the 94?

My heartland route when in brum. A shame they don't operate on Sundays as I still think have better standard of vehicles than nxwm who neglect the corridor, however I always say that lol.

Steveminor

The 71/72 has got to be taking a big hit on the solihull side. Nx got so many buses on there now compared to a few years ago & some of them are running completely empty at times.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Steveminor on May 01, 2016, 03:44:49 PM
The 71/72 has got to be taking a big hit on the solihull side. Nx got so many buses on there now compared to a few years ago & some of them are running completely empty at times.

Good point must be a least 3 different operators on that section of corridor . Roll on competition. They still give better discounts on the Walsall routes and they 37 though .

PM

fleetline6477

AMPM for a short period when they ran a few minutes infront of NX on 900. They carried very good loadings until NX re-timetabled and added short journeys Birmingham - Airport.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

monkeyjoe

Quote from: fleetline6477 on May 01, 2016, 05:22:59 PM
AMPM for a short period when they ran a few minutes infront of NX on 900. They carried very good loadings until NX re-timetabled and added short journeys Birmingham - Airport.

AMPM do they still exist I seem to remember they had Sunday journey's on the 94 for a short period.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk