News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Socially acceptable

Started by Dom, April 21, 2016, 09:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

I would like to ask for some opinions.

A friend of mine was travelling on the bus earlier and a woman changed her baby's nappy on board. Nothing happen like there was no spillages or anything yet he thinks that this isnt a socially acceptable thing and that the woman should of got off the bus before her final destination to change it then catch another bus.

Thoughts? Do you agree? Do you not?

Ronnoc

I agree with your friend, that is really disgusting, this should not be acceptable, passengers would not like to see the "unneeded"  if they are going somewhere.

GeminiFan1991

I suppose its a question of morality, its not illegal in any way but its also not socially acceptable. The PC brigade would argue its a "natural" act, and while it is, so is farting, urinating & defecating and so on but you just dont do them in front of others !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Dom

But were on about a baby! A child that has no control over when it takes a dump or not.

BU07 LGO

I don't see the problem so long as it's cleaned up. I had a woman on my bus change a nappy and throw the dirty one on the floor!

Sh4318

As long as there's no mess made, the child's in its pram and I can't see it, I've got no problem with it
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Kevin

There has to be some sort of consideration to other passengers though, surely? I mean, the smell... Open all the windows at least
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dutsey

I really don't see an issue with this, I would like to think that most people wouldn't do this but common it is a baby.

fleetline6477

Dom, you say that the woman should have got off the bus, changed the nappy elsewhere, then caught the next bus.

Maybe the mother was in a place she was unfamiliar with or on a section of route where there were no public buildings to go into to change the nappy. This transfer to another bus may have required paying another fair which she may not have had.

As long as the mother didn't leave a mess or litter the bus then I can't see a problem. If public transport is to be promoted as accessible to people with young children then that does mean we have be open to some of those things which go with these passengers, such as breast feeding or nappy changing. Changing a nappy is far less off a problem than an older child having an accident and urine on the bus floor.

Dom

Quote from: fleetline6477 on April 22, 2016, 06:31:24 PM
Dom, you say that the woman should have got off the bus, changed the nappy elsewhere, then caught the next bus.

Maybe the mother was in a place she was unfamiliar with or on a section of route where there were no public buildings to go into to change the nappy. This transfer to another bus may have required paying another fair which she may not have had.

As long as the mother didn't leave a mess or litter the bus then I can't see a problem. If public transport is to be promoted as accessible to people with young children then that does mean we have be open to some of those things which go with these passengers, such as breast feeding or nappy changing. Changing a nappy is far less off a problem than an older child having an accident and urine on the bus floor.

No! That was not my view! I thought she was completely correct to do it! @fleetline6477

karl724223

This ones socially unacceptable
We have a passenger at pensnett that catches buses and pisses himself on them then throws beer over the piss  yes the seat is wet and his trousers are wet to he does this on every bus he gets on
So heres a good tip never sit in or around the buggy Bay Area  always sit up the back every time he does this the bus has to go back to garage to be cleaned he catches the 9  246 222 mainly
We call him mick the piss @pndriver

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on April 22, 2016, 07:00:57 PM
This ones socially unacceptable
We have a passenger at pensnett that catches buses and pisses himself on them then throws beer over the piss  yes the seat is wet and his trousers are wet to he does this on every bus he gets on
So heres a good tip never sit in or around the buggy Bay Area  always sit up the back every time he does this the bus has to go back to garage to be cleaned he catches the 9  246 222 mainly
We call him mick the piss @pndriver

@karl724223 Can't anything be done to stop him, must cost NE a fortune in cleaning and lost mileage?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

ARBB

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 22, 2016, 07:14:25 PM
@karl724223 Can't anything be done to stop him, must cost NE a fortune in cleaning and lost mileage?

Don't forget he likes to use the ambulance service as a taxi service when the driver of the last 246 refuses to take him, lying face down on 246 stand at Stourbridge bus station while passengers waiting for the last 9 get soaked looking after him

Not allowed to ban him as he has a disability pass, catches 246 to Dudley then asks are you going straight back out, can I stay on then goes and sits on another seat. An X96 driver refused him one day so he went and pissed himself on the 228.

He didn't like it the one day I did a 297A and he assumed because it was me it was a 246, I terminated at Gornal Wood.  8)

And then there's pressing the stop button so you pull over so he can stand up and put his wallet in his pocket....... And people wonder why buses are late

Tony

Quote from: pndriver on April 22, 2016, 07:32:24 PM
Don't forget he likes to use the ambulance service as a taxi service when the driver of the last 246 refuses to take him, lying face down on 246 stand at Stourbridge bus station while passengers waiting for the last 9 get soaked looking after him

Not allowed to ban him as he has a disability pass, catches 246 to Dudley then asks are you going straight back out, can I stay on then goes and sits on another seat. An X96 driver refused him one day so he went and pissed himself on the 228.

He didn't like it the one day I did a 297A and he assumed because it was me it was a 246, I terminated at Gornal Wood.  8)

And then there's pressing the stop button so you pull over so he can stand up and put his wallet in his pocket....... And people wonder why buses are late

The company banned someone with a disability pass from their vehicles in Walsall because of similar problems. It can be done

Trident 4194

What is the worst experience you have had on a bus?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk