News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Socially acceptable

Started by Dom, April 21, 2016, 09:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Back to topic... My -opinion- is that it is socially unacceptable to have the baby changed on the bus. Lack of privacy, for example.

MW

There's a chap known by most AG and YW drivers. He catches the bus and literally takes a shit on the seat and then gets off. No idea if he's disabled or not. This was a few years ago.

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on April 22, 2016, 07:48:57 PM
The company banned someone with a disability pass from their vehicles in Walsall because of similar problems. It can be done
there building a case up against him@Tony

winston

Quote from: P419 EJW on April 22, 2016, 08:45:30 PM
Back to topic... My -opinion- is that it is socially unacceptable to have the baby changed on the bus. Lack of privacy, for example.

It's either a case of changing the baby discretely whilst on the bus or the whole bus putting up with a screaming baby for the rest of the journey due to a filled nappy. The lack of privacy is at the mothers discretion, babies need changing as/when required they don't empty themselves on demand

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on April 22, 2016, 10:16:12 PM
It's either a case of changing the baby discretely whilst on the bus or the whole bus putting up with a screaming baby for the rest of the journey due to a filled nappy. The lack of privacy is at the mothers discretion, babies need changing as/when required they don't empty themselves on demand

And then there is the question, should a mother breast feed a baby on a bus?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 22, 2016, 10:42:08 PM

Why not done discretely.... other passengers eat on the bus

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on April 22, 2016, 10:44:27 PM
Why not done discretely.... other passengers eat on the bus

Fair comment @Winston , but personally if a woman started to do it sat next to me i would feel very awkward!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

ARBB

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 22, 2016, 10:42:08 PM

I asked our inspector the company policy on breast feeding after i received a complaint, he asked management and is awaiting an answer

danny

I'm all for breastfeeding... At the end of the day it's natural, and most women cover up whilst doing it. As long as it doesn't directly affect people I don't see how they can moan. If they feel uncomfortable look away or at they're phones.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Liverpool Street

If two homosexuals can kiss freely on a bus then a woman breastfeeding her child isn't an issue.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

danny

And so homosexual's should be able to kiss on a bus, or anywhere else for that matter, love is love.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

MW

Quote from: Liverpool Street on April 23, 2016, 02:44:41 PM
If two homosexuals can kiss freely on a bus then a woman breastfeeding her child isn't an issue.

Maybe the OP is a homosexual

fleetline6477

Quote from: Dom on April 22, 2016, 06:39:24 PM
No! That was not my view! I thought she was completely correct to do it! @fleetline6477

My apologies to you Dom, I can see reading your post again that you were expressing the opinion of your friend.

Dom

Quote from: fleetline6477 on April 23, 2016, 07:05:59 PM
My apologies to you Dom, I can see reading your post again that you were expressing the opinion of your friend.

No problem dude. I think its completely within her own right and that my friends opinion was infact quite snobby.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Dom on April 23, 2016, 07:30:57 PM
No problem dude. I think its completely within her own right and that my friends opinion was infact quite snobby.

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion. If you think that the friend's opinion is snobby then basically tough shit. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk