News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

907 needs to be re-routed away from Tesco !!!

Started by Steve3229vp, March 26, 2016, 05:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

With local council elections coming up in May, now is the chance to contact your local councillor, as it's surprising how 'hands-on' they get leading up to an election.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 27, 2016, 09:50:12 PM
It gets hardly any attention at all, it's just been left to rot !!!
The 907 is not the only route that gets delayed beacause of traffic problems. The 98, 99 and 126 haven't been rerouted away from Bath Row and The Hollaway Head, though it often takes 10 - 15 minutes to get to Smallbrook Queensway from Bath Row.
Though rerouting them would also leave Bath Row and Hollaway Head with only the infrequent 10H if they were rerouted, people use them from the City Centre to get to Bath Row.

If the 907 was rerouted away from New Oscott, there would be no bus route between Perry Barr and New Oscott plus the City Centre and New Oscott.
People use the 907 to get to the shops at New Oscott.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

You'd have the same problem with Caldmore in Walsall.

There's absolutely no way of redirecting the 4 group of services & keeping the Caldmore lot happy!

Needs all those parked cars shifting!

the trainbasher

@Westy:
Easy solution for Caldmore...the council should put in a "At Any Time" Loading Ban through it. That would mean even Blue Badge Holders would not be permitted to park there. Plus an increase in enforcement would stop the blighters parking there.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steve3229vp

My idea for the 907:

the 907 to be early mornings and evenings only
Monday to Saturday to be 906 (as 907 but not serving Perry Barr One Stop OR Tesco/Beggars) and 42 Perry Barr One Stop to New Oscott via College Road, Warren Farm Road, Ellerton Road, Finchley Road and Kings Road to Tesco/Beggars Bush.
This would improve reliability of the main route (906) and still provide a connection along most of College Road to Tesco/Beggars Bush (42) and AVOIDING the section of Chester Road between College Road and Tesco/Beggars Bush which is the biggest problem.

winston

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 28, 2016, 03:58:59 PM
My idea for the 907:

the 907 to be early mornings and evenings only
Monday to Saturday to be 906 (as 907 but not serving Perry Barr One Stop OR Tesco/Beggars) and 42 Perry Barr One Stop to New Oscott via College Road, Warren Farm Road, Ellerton Road, Finchley Road and Kings Road to Tesco/Beggars Bush.
This would improve reliability of the main route (906) and still provide a connection along most of College Road to Tesco/Beggars Bush (42) and AVOIDING the section of Chester Road between College Road and Tesco/Beggars Bush which is the biggest problem.

And who would cover the costs of new route 42?

I very much doubt the passenger numbers from New Oscott wishing to use Tesco would justify such a service. This would also potentially take revenue from the 907 (906) resulting in a frequency cut.

Steve3229vp

To be honest Winston you're more than likely right about my suggestion for the 42, it has been a regular occurrence for passengers to get of at the last stop on College Road then WALK to the Tesco/Beggars Bush shopping area because they get there before the bus does !!!
As for covering the cost, what about Beeches Road buses being doubled so they could separate the Thornbridge/Hassop from Booths Farm, so should they have been every 20 mins each ?, no it was only to fit them in with the 51 and 33..... so costs....really ?

winston

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 28, 2016, 04:47:01 PM
To be honest Winston you're more than likely right about my suggestion for the 42, it has been a regular occurrence for passengers to get of at the last stop on College Road then WALK to the Tesco/Beggars Bush shopping area because they get there before the bus does !!!
As for covering the cost, what about Beeches Road buses being doubled so they could separate the Thornbridge/Hassop from Booths Farm, so should they have been every 20 mins each ?, no it was only to fit them in with the 51 and 33..... so costs....really ?

It's NOT NX's fault if buses get snarled up in traffic, blame the number of cars on the road and the number of people who insist on driving everywhere as they're too idle to WALK!

NX aren't just going to double the frequency of the 52 on a WHIM! They obviously believe there is a market for such a frequency increase and growth in patronage will be forthcoming, something which I doubt would happen if your 906/42 suggestion was implemented. How many people from New Oscott/Boldmere really want to shop at One Stop?  Most would go to Sutton.

andy41

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 28, 2016, 04:47:01 PM

The 68 used to take care of most of the passengers you're talking about. When you add up all the resources and frequency increases and route interruptions to other services that have come about from trying to cover the ground lost by the 68, you probably get a figure higher than what it used to cost to run the actual 68, only now there aren't as many passengers on the useless replacement efforts!

Solo1

All it needs is more bus lanes near to tesco  at beggers bush

Kevin

Quote from: Winston on March 28, 2016, 06:40:05 PM

NX aren't just going to double the frequency of the 52 on a WHIM! They obviously believe there is a market for such a frequency increase and growth in patronage will be forthcoming.....

Erm..... Nah mate, they did it in a whim. Purely to make a frequency fit in with the 51 and 33 when they were reduced. There's no need for a 10 min frequency along Beeches road and there never will be unless they extend it beyond to somewhere useful
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

winston

Quote from: Kevin on March 28, 2016, 11:00:40 PM
Erm..... Nah mate, they did it in a whim. Purely to make a frequency fit in with the 51 and 33 when they were reduced. There's no need for a 10 min frequency along Beeches road and there never will be unless they extend it beyond to somewhere useful

Clearly there is a need & it must be paying for itself, otherwise the frequency would have since been cut & resources re-deployed elsewhere

Kevin

Quote from: Winston on March 28, 2016, 11:39:16 PM
Clearly there is a need & it must be paying for itself, otherwise the frequency would have since been cut & resources re-deployed elsewhere

Nope. Literally all it does is the fitted frequency thing with the 51 and 33. Pays for itself presumably with the people using it between Perry Barr and city, Perry Beeches end is dead

Prior to the current situation, it was every 20 purely to fit a 10 min frequency with the 907 (look at that for dragging a subject back to the original :D )

winston

Quote from: Kevin on March 29, 2016, 07:33:31 AM
Nope. Literally all it does is the fitted frequency thing with the 51 and 33. Pays for itself presumably with the people using it between Perry Barr and city, Perry Beeches end is dead

Prior to the current situation, it was every 20 purely to fit a 10 min frequency with the 907 (look at that for dragging a subject back to the original :D )

If the 52 is only to fill gaps for reductions to the 33 & 51 they could have run shorts, with only every other one going to Perry Beeches, they didn't......

I seem to recall it was you that continued to take the subject further off topic, as you had nothing constructive to add to the 907 proposals. Your bright ideas for the 907 issues take longer to arrive than the 907 getting down the Chester Road   :P

Kevin

At the Beggars Bush the main traffic problem is the bit of the Chester Road coming from College road, yeah the 5 and 77 get it in the neck a bit as well but not as much as the 907 does. Personally, and I'll get shot down in flames for it, I'd agree with diverting the 907 straight along College Road, and either a new service or altering the 66 to serve bits of College Road and up through the Warren Farm estate to come at New Oscott from Kings Road where the traffic is a bit more bearable, either terminating there or on to Sutton

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk