News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

907 needs to be re-routed away from Tesco !!!

Started by Steve3229vp, March 26, 2016, 05:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

The 907 (previously 107) has been my bus route now for 22 years and now surely the time has come to re-routed to avoid Tesco. My son and I were on 4697 going towards Sutton, we got to the last stop on College Road at Chester Road at 1247, it took until 1305 to get to the junction of Jockey Road/College Road by going via Chester Road to pass Beggars Bush and Tesco. If it went straight across along the remaining part of College Road to Jockey Road/College Road junction it would of took 2 or 3 minutes instead of 18 !!!. This is a regular event on most days, this needs to change.

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 26, 2016, 05:05:13 PM
The 907 (previously 107) has been my bus route now for 22 years and now surely the time has come to re-routed to avoid Tesco. My son and I were on 4697 going towards Sutton, we got to the last stop on College Road at Chester Road at 1247, it took until 1305 to get to the junction of Jockey Road/College Road by going via Chester Road to pass Beggars Bush and Tesco. If it went straight across along the remaining part of College Road to Jockey Road/College Road junction it would of took 2 or 3 minutes instead of 18 !!!. This is a regular event on most days, this needs to change.
But that would be rerouting it away from the shops which people will want to go to.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

Not as many as you think, you tell that to the others on the bus, they'll love that !!!

Kevin

The only thing to solve all the traffic round there would be to close all the shops. It's a nightmare junction
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dom

It's not just the 907, the 77 and the 5 that I caught yesterday both got stuck there.

Steve3229vp

Yes Dom you are right about to 5 and 77, but the 907's worst place is that part of Chester Road by ALDI, it just does not move !!!

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 26, 2016, 05:31:01 PM
Yes Dom you are right about to 5 and 77, but the 907's worst place is that part of Chester Road by ALDI, it just does not move !!!

I know what you mean! During Peak Time it can take buses 10 minutes to get from College Road, Chester Road to Jockey Road, Chester Road!

BU07 LGO

The 77s are timed ridiculously, 5 mins to get from tesco to Sutton oak road! It takes that to get through beggars bush! Not to mention struggling to get over from the bus stop to make the right turn!

Sh4318

I think there's quite a bit that needs to be done to the 907
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ossie

Saturdays, that Beggars Bush junction seems to be particularly bad.  By car, I try to avoid it by using Monmouth Drive but the crawl to Banners Gate lights can be just as slow - it's sheer volume of traffic.  The sequencing of the lights at Beggars Bush perhaps needs looking at to give more priority to Jockey Road traffic; the trouble is, it's three-phase: Jockey Road, Kings Road, Chester Roads.  Roadside parking on the narrow part of Jockey Road doesn't help either. 

I'd certainly agree there's a case for running the 907 straight along College Road and avoiding the dogleg around the Beggars Bush.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Ossie on March 27, 2016, 12:47:31 AM
Saturdays, that Beggars Bush junction seems to be particularly bad.  By car, I try to avoid it by using Monmouth Drive but the crawl to Banners Gate lights can be just as slow - it's sheer volume of traffic.  The sequencing of the lights at Beggars Bush perhaps needs looking at to give more priority to Jockey Road traffic; the trouble is, it's three-phase: Jockey Road, Kings Road, Chester Roads.  Roadside parking on the narrow part of Jockey Road doesn't help either. 

I'd certainly agree there's a case for running the 907 straight along College Road and avoiding the dogleg around the Beggars Bush.

Usually College Road is clear bypassing Beggars Bush. However the 907's do get a 15-20 minute dropback in Sutton. Probably just incase there is any traffic.

Steve3229vp

The 15-20 minutes drop back is no use to anyone waiting on the route if it running 20-25 mins late which is happens a lot. It needs to be re-routed FULL STOP

Dom

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 27, 2016, 01:34:22 PM
The 15-20 minutes drop back is no use to anyone waiting on the route if it running 20-25 mins late which is happens a lot. It needs to be re-routed FULL STOP

As do alot of routes. Just because it is your local route for 20 odd years doesn't mean it gets special attention.

Steve3229vp

It gets hardly any attention at all, it's just been left to rot !!!

Dom

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 27, 2016, 09:50:12 PM
It gets hardly any attention at all, it's just been left to rot !!!

Niether has the 5 or the 77.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk