News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

WrightBus StreetDeck - Discussion/Sightings/Route Allocation (Not PN gossip)

Started by BK63 YWP, January 21, 2016, 02:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Before we have loads of buses to find 3302/5 very doubtful they will be out yet

Tony

Quote from this week's staff business brief

The four new Wrights Streetdeck buses have started to arrive at Pensnett this week following the trial of 3301, and will all be in service on the 9 from next week, as part of a long-term trial to see which manufacturer is best.

danny

Thank you for sharing @Tony, just out of curiosity which factors determine which is the better product, I'm guessing purely from a buissiness side it would be fuel consumption... Reliability ect...
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

winston

Quote from: danny on July 01, 2016, 11:48:23 AM
Thank you for sharing @Tony, just out of curiosity which factors determine which is the better product, I'm guessing purely from a buissiness side it would be fuel consumption... Reliability ect...

Cost to purchase, whole life running costs as well as above

Squiz1971

So if the Streetdecks are deemed to be the better buses all round, then in theory more Streetdecks would be ordered but would it be alongside or instead of the E400MMC's current contract/deal?? @Tony @Winston

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Squiz1971 on July 01, 2016, 01:09:19 PM
So if the Streetdecks are deemed to be the better buses all round, then in theory more Streetdecks would be ordered but would it be alongside or instead of the E400MMC's current contract/deal?? @Tony @Winston

Yes, it makes sense to do that if they're getting their money's worth. I think 3301 gave a good initial impression and NX may be looking forward to a potentially sizable order if they're testing more Streetdecks
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on July 01, 2016, 10:17:31 AM
Quote from this week's staff business brief

The four new Wrights Streetdeck buses have started to arrive at Pensnett this week following the trial of 3301, and will all be in service on the 9 from next week, as part of a long-term trial to see which manufacturer is best.

Interesting to see which way this goes. The Streetdeck seems very popular at the moment. Stagecoach aside (and they don't really count), there have been orders placed by a lot of major operators. Reading Buses, which has favoured ADL for deckers for the last few years have also placed an order for some Streetdecks this year. Seems ADL have got some strong competition on their hands.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Mike K on July 01, 2016, 03:29:18 PM
Interesting to see which way this goes. The Streetdeck seems very popular at the moment. Stagecoach aside (and they don't really count), there have been orders placed by a lot of major operators. Reading Buses, which has favoured ADL for deckers for the last few years have also placed an order for some Streetdecks this year. Seems ADL have got some strong competition on their hands.

Indeed, 3301 has obviously impressed, and with 4 more vehicles it will indeed easier to judge them alongside the E400MMCs, and hopefully an order will follow for more of these vehicles as i think they look most impressive.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

And likewise, if they fail to impress, NX could always sell them on while they still have any value!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 01, 2016, 01:18:36 PM
Yes, it makes sense to do that if they're getting their money's worth. I think 3301 gave a good initial impression and NX may be looking forward to a potentially sizable order if they're testing more Streetdecks

Perhaps worth pointing out.
4697 was a seed vehicle, with 4777-4781 being ordered as a result, but that was it for Scania deckers
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Solo1

With the 5  streetdecks at pensnett  will they have a launch at  Victoria Square  or just put the into service on the 9

CL

Quote from: Solo1 on July 04, 2016, 01:40:36 PM
With the 5  streetdecks at pensnett  will they have a launch at  Victoria Square  or just put the into service on the 9
Catch the Bus Week this week; NX are promoting some of their new buses (presumably Streetdecks) on Birmingham High Street (Bullring)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Trident 4609

Quote from: clayderman on July 04, 2016, 02:03:25 PM
Catch the Bus Week this week; NX are promoting some of their new buses (presumably Streetdecks) on Birmingham High Street (Bullring)

2202 is parked there (along with Arriva Streetlite 3301)

CL

Quote from: Nathan on July 04, 2016, 02:18:32 PM
2202 is parked there (along with Arriva Streetlite 3301)
A shame.. On the other hand, the E200MMC is of great build, imo. :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

ARBB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk