News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Repaints & Retrims 2016

Started by Tony, January 07, 2016, 10:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 15, 2016, 09:53:03 PM
Well you can't now @Tony because of that reason, however whoever did the job before you should have chosen those buses much earlier. Having buses go around with remnants of the old 126 branding still visible and shabby paint work can't have done NEs reputation any good.

Buses are repainted in batches so I'm assuming those that in paint as a whole require more immediate attention as opposed to the odd 1 here and there, if the bus is in that bad a condition, Im sure it would have been fixed by now.

Every bus due for repaint will have its turn, I personally can't wait to see the B7RLEs Mk2 in the new livery !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Jack6101

Can't wait to see what they do with the hybrids
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

DavieDD2

It's going to be interesting to see what they do with the hybrids id Dundee too, our new livery is already green. Personally, I don't think there's going to be such a big thing made of the fact these buses are hybrids now as they're not a new thing any more, the public are used to them now. The new Wright StreetLites we have in Dundee are micro hybrids and they're painted in the standard new livery with nothing to make it obvious they're any different, so, don't be surprised if the hybrids in WM go crimson.

Stevo

I wonder if in that case they would get the current standard moquette.

T840MAK

Quote from: DavieDD2 on February 16, 2016, 11:35:34 AM
It's going to be interesting to see what they do with the hybrids id Dundee too, our new livery is already green. Personally, I don't think there's going to be such a big thing made of the fact these buses are hybrids now as they're not a new thing any more, the public are used to them now. The new Wright StreetLites we have in Dundee are micro hybrids and they're painted in the standard new livery with nothing to make it obvious they're any different, so, don't be surprised if the hybrids in WM go crimson.

Re the Micro Hybrid Streetlites, very few operators actually differentiate from them, our local Streetlite MicroHybrids haven't been differentiated between them and the conventional ones except for two which were to launch the fact they were different, and even then as the stickers have started to come off with broken windows they haven't been replaced, similarly with the rest of the Streetlites across First group.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Quote from: Stevo on February 16, 2016, 05:17:01 PM
I wonder if in that case they would get the current standard moquette.
with the hybrids green interior the grey red dot moquette would look rather odd, IMO the hybrids don't warrant a repaint they are still in excellent condition plenty of other routes require a face lift first.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2900 on February 17, 2016, 10:36:54 AM
with the hybrids green interior the grey red dot moquette would look rather odd, IMO the hybrids don't warrant a repaint they are still in excellent condition plenty of other routes require a face lift first.

The 4 branded omnilinks are in a horrific state

Ronnoc

Hybrids will probably have the same livery as the rest, just with a green leaf or something that says they're hybrid. Probably a slightly different moquette.

Westy

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 17, 2016, 10:51:49 AM
The 4 branded omnilinks are in a horrific state

Yeah but Walsall got to wait for crimson first!

Mike K

Quote from: 2900 on February 17, 2016, 10:36:54 AM

The issue with the BC hybrids is that they have a lot of branding and other vinyls on them, and a lot of this is missing in parts due to replacement or repainted panels, windscreens etc. If they could tidy up all the vinyls then they would be good for a while longer.

BU07 LGO

Tony

Dom

John

Quote from: WN on February 19, 2016, 11:58:48 AM
Crimson?

Yes. Quite a surprise to see an Enviro400 go in!

Are the Crimson Enviro400s for the 24 or 60 if Crimson is being rolled out route by route?

Mike K

Quote from: John on February 19, 2016, 05:38:48 PM
Yes. Quite a surprise to see an Enviro400 go in!

Are the Crimson Enviro400s for the 24 or 60 if Crimson is being rolled out route by route?

The non branded BC E400s certainly spend most of their time on the 24 (fair few on the 22/23 too these days) and the 60 so maybe Harborne or Cov Rd branding to appear at some future stage?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk