News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Repaints & Retrims 2016

Started by Tony, January 07, 2016, 10:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on March 09, 2016, 11:26:45 AM
Dundee haven't had enough spare buses to allow for buses to go for paint.

The WM painstshop only has capacity for 17 buses at a time.....

>only
Implying its a small unit, Winston! Haha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on March 09, 2016, 12:44:39 PM
>only
Implying its a small unit, Winston! Haha

Not neccesarily a small unit, the paintshop can get through a fair few repaints & turnaround some refurbs quite quick (especially Omnilinks & those with Wrightbus bodywork). However, on a fleet of 1540+ buses for NXWM alone, you only have to do the maths to figure out why some areas still haven't got many buses in the latest liveries.

Tony

Another arrival in the last 15 minutes is YW 4369 for a quicky red/white repaint

DavieDD2

Quote from: Winston on March 09, 2016, 11:26:45 AM
Dundee haven't had enough spare buses to allow for buses to go for paint.

The WM painstshop only has capacity for 17 buses at a time.....

Miller Street is full of buses sitting idle in the reserve fleet, surely a couple of those could be sent up as cover while buses were away getting painted?

Tony

Quote from: DavieDD2 on March 09, 2016, 01:12:52 PM
Miller Street is full of buses sitting idle in the reserve fleet, surely a couple of those could be sent up as cover while buses were away getting painted?

And which bendibuses, non-DDA single decks, Scrap Presidents or trainers do you want

winston

Quote from: DavieDD2 on March 09, 2016, 01:12:52 PM

Although they are offically allocated to 'reserve' the majority of that fleet are actually in withdrawn condition. Other than the 10 x Scania Artics, the vast majority of the rest of the buses in NXWM's reserve fleet are single deckers and can't be used as they are non DDA.

Any spare reserve fleet that were fit for service were utlized on the Amazon contract which was meant to run up to Xmas, due to the sucess of the services, the routes have continued and will provide an all year round service & thus increases NXWM's total Pvr permanently.

DavieDD2

Ah, that would explain it then, sorry, I took 'reserve' too literally, as in spares.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on March 09, 2016, 01:16:14 PM
Although they are offically allocated to 'reserve' the majority of that fleet are actually in withdrawn condition. Other than the 10 x Scania Artics, the vast majority of the rest of the buses in NXWM's reserve fleet are single deckers and can't be used as they are non DDA.

Seems strange to call them "reserve" as that implies that they could be used again, as has happened in the past. Surely they are a withdrawn fleet?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: DavieDD2 on March 09, 2016, 01:22:33 PM
Ah, that would explain it then, sorry, I took 'reserve' too literally, as in spares.

Before the 31st Dec 2015 some of the single deckers recently removed from service could have been put back on the road at short notice. Since the DDA rules came in for full size single deckers, there are only the Scania Artics I suspect any Spectra's that were in good condition or not missing any bits are the ones that were sold to Ensign 

GeminiFan1991

I understand about the Non DDA compliant and scrap buses but couldn't the bendies be used back on the 67, which would free up buses on their to other garages to cover the paint shop deficit ? I know about the disadvantages they bring but PB did put up with them for a long time and it is short term unless their also in a condition which wouldn't allow them work
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 09, 2016, 01:30:28 PM
Seems strange to call them "reserve" as that implies that they could be used again, as has happened in the past. Surely they are a withdrawn fleet?

The Miller St & Pensnett stored fleets are still referred to as 'Reserve Fleet' however if you refer to Tony's NXWM fleet changes over the past 12 months, they are offically allocated to either 'reserve' or 'withdrawn' - what I previously posted wasn't worded correctly. Of late, only really the Presidents have been allocated to reserve, those are since back on fleet.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on March 09, 2016, 01:33:32 PM
I understand about the Non DDA compliant and scrap buses but couldn't the bendies be used back on the 67, which would free up buses on their to other garages to cover the paint shop deficit ? I know about the disadvantages they bring but PB did put up with them for a long time and it is short term unless their also in a condition which wouldn't allow them work

To be honest i think that the "Bendies" were to much of a liability, towards the end, it took PB all there time to get one or two into service daily.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

1. They may now be out of MOT
2. They spent more time off the road and had to be covered for by other buses due to their unrelaibility originally
3. All single deckers operating with B'ham City Centre on frequent services now need to be min Euro 4 to comply with latest SQPS rules, the Bendi's are Euro 3

Unless NXWM loose some work / new delvieries from the 2016 order commence or they acquire some used nearly new buses / hire in some buses to provide paint cover / boost spares, I don't see the situation changing anythime soon. Had the Amazon routes not continued, they would of had 12-15 Presidents spare

Tony

What paint shop defecit?

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Winston on March 09, 2016, 01:42:14 PM
1. They may now be out of MOT
2. They spent more time off the road and had to be covered for by other buses due to their unrelaibility originally
3. All single deckers operating with B'ham City Centre on frequent services now need to be min Euro 4 to comply with latest SQPS rules, the Bendi's are Euro 3

Unless NXWM loose some work / new delvieries from the 2016 order commence or they acquire some used nearly new buses / hire in some buses to provide paint cover / boost spares, I don't see the situation changing anythime soon. Had the Amazon routes not continued, they would of had 12-15 Presidents spare

I honestly think NX should just sell the Scania's to other operators instead of keeping them at Miller Street.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk