News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Repaints & Retrims 2016

Started by Tony, January 07, 2016, 10:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Michael Bevan on March 09, 2016, 02:32:48 PM
I honestly think NX should just sell the Scania's to other operators instead of keeping them at Miller Street.

Like who?

How much demand do you see for the ex London Citaro bendi's that are still littering the country

Tony

Quote from: Winston on March 09, 2016, 02:35:39 PM
Like who?

How much demand do you see for the ex London Citaro bendi's that are still littering the country

Beestons of Hadleigh bought a batch of identical buses that had been used at Heathrow airport last year and have been trying to sell them since. They have ended up having to strip them for spares and sell the bits off

winston

Quote from: Tony on March 09, 2016, 02:41:45 PM
Beestons of Hadleigh bought a batch of identical buses that had been used at Heathrow airport last year and have been trying to sell them since. They have ended up having to strip them for spares and sell the bits off

I assume they would have been ex Menzies Aviation,

You would expect those to also be in good condition/low mileage if they were only running shuttles around Heathrow Airport from new

I suspect the vast majority of Volvo B7LA / Merc Citaro / Scania Bendi's & FTR's will find themselves being converted to coke cans....

DavieDD2

10 year old unreliable, undesirable bendis aren't going anywhere in a hurry, I can see NX selling them off as parts and the shells to PVS

winston

Quote from: DavieDD2 on March 09, 2016, 02:52:49 PM
10 year old unreliable, undesirable bendis aren't going anywhere in a hurry, I can see NX selling them off as parts and the shells to PVS

They're actually 12 years old sometime this year, they were on 54 plates (new 2004)

DavieDD2

Sorry Winston, I thought they were 56's, been a while since I've seen a photo of one!

The Fox 4846

Shouldn't they put the 48**'s into paint because the 33's are?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Tony

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on March 09, 2016, 04:12:42 PM
Shouldn't they put the 48**'s into paint because the 33's are?

I love people telling me my job!

RS

At the end of the day @Tony has a job and whatever buses he see's fit to send in for a repaint he will
London Euston

Busman Jamie

Majority of 48** have been done?

Squiz1971

Quote from: Busman Jamie on March 09, 2016, 06:14:00 PM
Majority of 48** have been done?
Only 4799-15/17-4829 are in Crimson so far plus the ones in paint on Tony's list on previous page

4824 still in paintshop

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Winston on March 09, 2016, 01:42:14 PM
1. They may now be out of MOT
2. They spent more time off the road and had to be covered for by other buses due to their unrelaibility originally
3. All single deckers operating with B'ham City Centre on frequent services now need to be min Euro 4 to comply with latest SQPS rules, the Bendi's are Euro 3

Unless NXWM loose some work / new delvieries from the 2016 order commence or they acquire some used nearly new buses / hire in some buses to provide paint cover / boost spares, I don't see the situation changing anythime soon. Had the Amazon routes not continued, they would of had 12-15 Presidents spare

My bad, didn't take other factors into account when making that question. It does seem a bit of extra work just to get a few extra buses painted.

How does the continuation of the Amazon routers leave 12 - 15 Still busy as from I can tell, each route has a PVR of 1 and theirs only 2 routes !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

The Fox 4846

I meant walsall's which are used on the 51
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Gareth

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on March 09, 2016, 09:18:01 PM
I meant walsall's which are used on the 51

They will be painted. Have patience! There's 1500+ buses in the fleet. Paint shop handles about 15 at a time. They won't be done overnight.

don

Quote from: Winston on March 09, 2016, 11:26:45 AM
Dundee haven't had enough spare buses to allow for buses to go for paint.

I seem to remember 2 Presidents being transferred as paint float - maybe they've now become part of the fleet.

I've also noticed that Trailways dont get mentioned anymore - are they not contracted to do bodywork any longer.

I would have thought Coventry's and Walsalls 48xx would be painted fairly soon and particularly Coventry's as they have such a low percentage of buses in new livery (except Wolverhampton which has none - presumably getting new ones soon).

Impressive speed of re-liverying and re-trimming overall though - hooray for Wrightbus and Omnilink!!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk