News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM 2016 Orders

Started by GeminiFan1991, December 06, 2015, 05:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on March 19, 2016, 11:09:07 AM
Geminis from where though? So many new buses at WN can only really mean Tridents being released, and there's nowhere really you'd replace Geminis with older Tridents

There's 100 new buses coming,  so the allocation of around 35 is known,  which is a couple extra for Walsall for the  937, Then enough for the 126 & 529 at WN, I don't know the allocation of the remaining 65 vehicles although I do know the vehicle split and I've got to do the cascade plan.  A lot of you have misread the press release judging by the comments as well

winston

Quote from: Kevin on March 19, 2016, 11:09:07 AM
Geminis from where though? So many new buses at WN can only really mean Tridents being released, and there's nowhere really you'd replace Geminis with older Tridents
PB most likely, especially with people speculating the Sutton's Lines will go Platinum

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Winston on March 19, 2016, 11:42:08 AM

PB most likely, especially with people speculating the Sutton's Lines will go Platinum

With the success of platinum i would not be surprised if every garage excluding Bordesley gets at least one platinum route. Maybe the newer platinums might get plugs/USB like sapphire
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Chris on March 19, 2016, 11:54:51 AM
With the success of platinum i would not be surprised if every garage excluding Bordesley gets at least one platinum route. Maybe the newer platinums might get plugs/USB like sapphire

Wouldn't that make them more normalised ? Their higher specced buses so they should reserved for express/ high specced routes (If that makes any sense)
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

BK63 YWP

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on March 19, 2016, 12:35:50 PM
Wouldn't that make them more normalised ? Their higher specced buses so they should reserved for express/ high specced routes (If that makes any sense)

See where your coming from. Was just wondering thats all if potentially it could happen
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

karl724223

Crimson and platinum at pensnett ????

BU07 LGO

They may aswell all the platinum spec it's only wifi and hi backed seats so can't cost that much more in grand scheme of things

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on March 19, 2016, 05:23:56 PM
They may aswell all the platinum spec it's only wifi and hi backed seats so can't cost that much more in grand scheme of things

Providing wifi is quite expensive

karl724223

What's the cost of a mmc against a streetdeck ?

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on March 19, 2016, 05:32:10 PM
Providing wifi is quite expensive

I'm sure most passengers wouldn't miss it with most having 4G now.

The Platinums are nice but they really haven't lived up to the hype to me, was expecting a lot more

Justin Tyme

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on March 19, 2016, 12:35:50 PM

I expect NXWM will use them on routes where their impact is most likely to increase revenue.  I guess routes where many passengers make long journeys are likely, but not necessarily.  Two short high-spec routes in the Midlands are Leicester - Oadby (Arriva Sapphire) and Leamington - Warwick (Stagecoach Gold).

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: BU07 LGO on March 19, 2016, 06:12:15 PM
I'm sure most passengers wouldn't miss it with most having 4G now.

The Platinums are nice but they really haven't lived up to the hype to me, was expecting a lot more

I think WiFi is good on the buses although people have this notion that they can utilize it for whatever and expect top quality service. The available bandwidth means the connection is good for typical web browsing but you get the odd person who'd attempt to load a video/ movie and then complain about the loading time when it wasn't engineered for that type of content !

I can't complain but I think many were naturally comparing the Platinums to the standard Enviro400 MMCs and although they're great buses, the leap isn't significant. It'd be interesting to see if NX considers a different decker (Possibly a Volvo variant) for platinum status.

BN

Quote from: karl724223 on March 19, 2016, 05:39:46 PM
What's the cost of a mmc against a streetdeck ?

Karl, about the same price £206,000.

GeminiFan1991

Seeing as we have an idea at this moment of time of which routes will be getting new buses but do we fully know exactly which buses (As in vehicle type) we are getting?! It seems logical to think E400MMC although we currently have this Wright Streetdeck and while it's only a seed vehicle, the Enviro400 started off as a seed vehicle and we have over 250 of them now ! Another candidate is the Gemini 3, it might have been a demonstrator but I believe the Enviro400MMC also originally done a round at NX as a demonstrator as well.

Any guesses ?

danny

I'd like to think that there will be a 50/50 split with the streetdeck and MMC, however, I can't see it, have we really had the Wright long enough to fully evaluate and decide on definite order, looking forward to finding out the full details. Especially as the 126 has been mentioned a few times as a candidate for new buses.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk