News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New fares 2016

Started by ARBB, December 04, 2015, 10:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 10, 2015, 04:05:22 PM
I know that, but the article hardly makes the fact clear near the start that Swift fares are frozen; NX clearly having to defend themselves in what can be taken as a criticising article.
I get what you mean, you have to read the article to know about it... Not good for NXWM, with this confusion.

Oozells

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 09, 2015, 10:02:55 PM
What a surprise - Birmingham Mail use an old photo (must be 2008-2010) and fail to explicitly mention the fact that Swift cards' prices will be frozen.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/bus-fares-going-up-west-10573239

I had a little moan to the 'writer' of this article and they've changed the photo... It's not much better, but at least it's more recent!

Oozells

From seeing the new fares on the side of the bus and a rear promotion for the £4 off-peak Daysaver, it doesn't look like NX are showing off the Swift card prices - They must've been in much smaller print if they were on there. I think they're missing a trick - have the lower Swift card price in the larger font because it's not like anyone can't use one.

The more people with a card would mean more people being able to hop on a bus on the off chance it's raining (Ha!) or something. I have a train pass, but my Swift card has enabled me to visit friends and family without having to get driven the final bit.

CL

Quote from: Oozells on December 31, 2015, 06:34:09 PM
From seeing the new fares on the side of the bus and a rear promotion for the £4 off-peak Daysaver, it doesn't look like NX are showing off the Swift card prices - They must've been in much smaller print if they were on there. I think they're missing a trick - have the lower Swift card price in the larger font because it's not like anyone can't use one.

I saw the new fares stickers today. Aesthetically, they're really nice - I agree, there are some information which would've been helpful that isn't there, but there's only so little that they could fit on them, eh?

On another note, was purchasing my new Term Plus travelcard today, and overheard another customer enquiring about the Swift Card. Not too sure what the vendor(?) had replied with, but my question is this: can you purchase the PAYG Swift Card from the NX Travelshop?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

gregan

Quote from: clayderman on December 31, 2015, 11:19:46 PM
I saw the new fares stickers today. Aesthetically, they're really nice - I agree, there are some information which would've been helpful that isn't there, but there's only so little that they could fit on them, eh?

On another note, was purchasing my new Term Plus travelcard today, and overheard another customer enquiring about the Swift Card. Not too sure what the vendor(?) had replied with, but my question is this: can you purchase the PAYG Swift Card from the NX Travelshop?

I believe so.
According to this:
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/swift-smartcard/where-can-i-buy-edaysavers/

Stu

Incorrect, the SWIFT PAYG card is only available online or from a Centro Travel Information Centre:
http://swiftcard.org.uk/buy-and-top-up.aspx#1300

EDIT: I believe you can also get the PAYG cards from PayZone outlets.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Dom

They need to hurry up and sort out child swift passes

mranon

the whole lot doesn't seem very "swift" in clear terms or where you can or cannot get them or top up.

Westy

Quote from: Stu on January 01, 2016, 12:24:26 PM
Incorrect, the SWIFT PAYG card is only available online or from a Centro Travel Information Centre:
http://swiftcard.org.uk/buy-and-top-up.aspx#1300

EDIT: I believe you can also get the PAYG cards from PayZone outlets.

I managed to top up at Walsall TS the other day, but I got my Swift Payg when Centro came to town in November.

Does this normally mean I could not have got a new Swift Payg from the TS?

Strange if not.

Stu

Quote from: Westy on January 01, 2016, 04:38:07 PM
I managed to top up at Walsall TS the other day, but I got my Swift Payg when Centro came to town in November.

Does this normally mean I could not have got a new Swift Payg from the TS?

Strange if not.

There appears to be a conflict of information, the travel centre map shows the NX Travel Centres as not offering PAYG, while the Swift FAQ page says all 8 Travel Centres provide them:
http://swiftcard.org.uk/faqs.aspx#faq4

So can anyone clear this mystery up for us all?  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Dom

3Rd day of the new fares and some buses still don't have the new fare stickers. 4581 is one of them

Trident 4609

Quote from: WN on January 04, 2016, 07:42:34 AM
3Rd day of the new fares and some buses still don't have the new fare stickers. 4581 is one of them

Quite a few WN buses are behind at having the fare tables applied. Many of the Tridents and Hybrids don't.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: WN on January 04, 2016, 07:42:34 AM

Better than not having the machine updated; which happened to me!

Dom

The fact that a child short hop is still on the wayfarer considering it isn't available anymore

Westy

As I said to my 'friendly' bus driver this morning on the Walsall  to Dudley rota, you've got to remember to issue the cheaper Daysaver after half nine!

(Hadnt seen her for a bit, as she told me she'd been on the 4 recently!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk