News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New fares 2016

Started by ARBB, December 04, 2015, 10:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARBB

Quote from: WN on January 04, 2016, 12:29:52 PM
The fact that a child short hop is still on the wayfarer considering it isn't available anymore

Child short hop isn't on there, it's city hop now

Kevin

Loving all the usual vitriol on facebook along the lines of "it's disgraceful" "another hike in fares and still the same smelly people using the buses" "why aren't you using the extra money to put more buses on" "cheaper to drive than pay £4.40 every day"

God some people are thick....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Kevin on January 04, 2016, 01:05:54 PM
Loving all the usual vitriol on facebook along the lines of "it's disgraceful" "another hike in fares and still the same smelly people using the buses" "why aren't you using the extra money to put more buses on" "cheaper to drive than pay £4.40 every day"

There's also a Change.org petition to try and get the prices lowered.

Tony

Similar to the person arguing with me on facebook that it is disgusting that 11% of train fares goes on leasing costs, seems to think that whole 11% is profit for the leasing companies and cannot see that if it was still BR and they owned all the trains there would be depreciation on all the trains which would take almost as much out of the accounts

BK63 YWP

I have seen one person saying price of oil has gone down therefore the fares should decrease. My reply was that £2.30/£4.00/£4.40 fare goes towards diesel, maintence of vehicles, staff (engineers, drivers, inspectors whos wages go up every year in line of minimum wage and living wage), insurance on the buses, continous investment in new buses, money to use to pay centro to use their bus stations? So to me the rise is fair. With another 150ish buses (not sure on the exact quota) due this year they are not cheap either.

And yes National Express is a business and they prefer to make a profit not losses like most other companies. With the profits they can invest!
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Bryan

Quote from: Chris on January 04, 2016, 01:41:17 PM
I have seen one person saying price of oil has gone down therefore the fares should decrease. My reply was that £2.30/£4.00/£4.40 fare goes towards diesel, maintence of vehicles, staff (engineers, drivers, inspectors whos wages go up every year in line of minimum wage and living wage), insurance on the buses, continous investment in new buses, money to use to pay centro to use their bus stations? So to me the rise is fair. With another 150ish buses (not sure on the exact quota) due this year they are not cheap either.

And yes National Express is a business and they prefer to make a profit not losses like most other companies. With the profits they can invest!

I agree the fare rise is fair. Too many people do not consider the total cost of running buses, and I suspect many do not even know the cost of running their own car if they have one.

BU07 LGO

Well today ive had loads of people paying £4.40 after half 9, then ask me if its the right ticket, with one lady arguing with me for not telling her it was only £4!, I said ,"I don't know what coins your going to put in!"

Had a couple of kids do the £1 trick they all do and then have to pay the extra!

I think its a good idea though to encourage more people to travel out of the peaks, when buses are mostly empty to try to boost numbers.

The one thing im shocked at is how short lived the £2.50 Walsall off peak return was, they have took all the adverts off the ns windows now as its no longer avaialble

Stu

Yes, I see it on the Birmingham Mail and Birmingham Updates pages, always the same responses as you quoted. But it's always funny how people never whinge about the smaller operators who also put their prices up, and presumably have much lower running costs.

And it's also funny how people moan about the single fares going up, but fail to notice the REDUCTION in fares for those travelling after 9:30am and at weekends (cheaper Daysavers).

I'd also like to find the numbers of these taxi companies that are so much cheaper than the bus too!  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 04, 2016, 05:32:53 PM
Well today ive had loads of people paying £4.40 after half 9, then ask me if its the right ticket, with one lady arguing with me for not telling her it was only £4!, I said ,"I don't know what coins your going to put in!"

Had a couple of kids do the £1 trick they all do and then have to pay the extra!

I think its a good idea though to encourage more people to travel out of the peaks, when buses are mostly empty to try to boost numbers.

The one thing im shocked at is how short lived the £2.50 Walsall off peak return was, they have took all the adverts off the ns windows now as its no longer avaialble

They kept that quiet!

The 301/302 return is still available as the blanking is still on the windows!

Dom

Quote from: Stu on January 04, 2016, 07:01:38 PM
Yes, I see it on the Birmingham Mail and Birmingham Updates pages, always the same responses as you quoted. But it's always funny how people never whinge about the smaller operators who also put their prices up, and presumably have much lower running costs.

And it's also funny how people moan about the single fares going up, but fail to notice the REDUCTION in fares for those travelling after 9:30am and at weekends (cheaper Daysavers).

I'd also like to find the numbers of these taxi companies that are so much cheaper than the bus too!  :D

Fair enough *Clap Clap* Well done NX, but this is wrong. My mom for example, she has to get the 0557 81 from Roseville and finishes at 10. This means she has to spend  an extra 40p just because she has to go to work in peak. It is slightly unfair.

Before you all complain at me and say its only 40p, its 5 times a week which equals £2. That's almost an adult single, thats what some people live on for christ sake

Kevin

Quote from: WN on January 04, 2016, 07:19:06 PM
Fair enough *Clap Clap* Well done NX, but this is wrong. My mom for example, she has to get the 0557 81 from Roseville and finishes at 10. This means she has to spend  an extra 40p just because she has to go to work in peak. It is slightly unfair.

Before you all complain at me and say its only 40p, its 5 times a week which equals £2. That's almost an adult single, thats what some people live on for christ sake

Bus pass....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BK63 YWP

Quote from: WN on January 04, 2016, 07:19:06 PM

I can understand that, i have to get the 05.30 to Brierley Hill to walk to Merry Hill. I finish at 12pm and usually get the 12.13 X96 home. I weighed the price of just getting day savers for the 5 days a week and the travel card of 54.50 works out a hell of a lot cheaper. No offence @WN but would the d/d black country faresaver work out cheaper for your mother in the long run?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Dom

Quote from: Chris on January 04, 2016, 07:39:51 PM
I can understand that, i have to get the 05.30 to Brierley Hill to walk to Merry Hill. I finish at 12pm and usually get the 12.13 X96 home. I weighed the price of just getting day savers for the 5 days a week and the travel card of 54.50 works out a hell of a lot cheaper. No offence @WN but would the d/d black country faresaver work out cheaper for your mother in the long run?

Thats what i'm sorting for her. The black country nBus on swift. I'm not being funny but people can just be expected to know about all of this, Swift is poorly advertised by NX a couple of logos here and there and not everyone is on social media so not good by NX IMO. Prepared to be slaughtered

Ashley 60171

There's a chap on my road who used to buy daysavers six days a week for work etc. I told him he could save at least half by getting a Travelcard. Eventually he did get one.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: WNPrepared to be slaughtered

Those sort of threats in this current world is disgusting.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk