News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New fares 2016

Started by ARBB, December 04, 2015, 10:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 04, 2015, 09:51:47 PM
Also in the same email was mention of the 97 getting rebranded with crimsoned tridents!

Personally I think that passengers should pay more to travel during the peak, afterall jjourneys take longer and this is using more fuel, and costs more in drivers wages

I think that the Walsall low fare zone should be extended to cover Aldridge and brownhills too, ive had loads of people try to buy it and then I have to explain it doesn't cover there

How come the Walsall Low Fare Zone doesnt match the borough boundary?

Kevin

I would be willing to say that the reason the city hop fare exists is, much like in Coventry, to aid travel around the city centre, ie station to station or to markets, coach station to rest of the city centre etc.
The only problem I see with the fare is the fact that there aren't really enough routes to make it useful, yeah there's the 16 to the markets and the 82/87 and now 22/23/24/29 loops which provide those sort of links, but nothing really out to Aston Uni and Eastside or to the Jewellery Quarter when the Paradise diversions finish
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Are diamond changing their fares??? Hope not

wembley86

60.50 for a months bus pass,  I soon be better of not working, 

Gareth

Quote from: wembley86 on December 05, 2015, 10:36:02 AM
60.50 for a months bus pass,  I soon be better of not working,

Go direct debit, it's cheaper. My monthly nbus swift card is £57 by direct debit.

Oozells

I think this is a mostly good move! But I'd have it as £2.40/50 with change and £2 with a Swift card to make it a real incentive to get one. People who live here or visit regularly have no excuse not to get one, as they're free with a £10 top up and it stays on there. Those are the only PAYG fares I'd have, apart from group/evening savers. The off-peak short hop just seems pointless to keep - I'm hoping this is to phase it out for 2017. In the long term I hope we simplify it more and don't have any off-peak fares like London, but have a job seeker's pass for 12 months use only (although we do have WorkWise).

I probably wouldn't mind removing the £1 city hops, but then I'd also remove the Walsall low fare zone and the lower pass prices for the Black Country and Coventry. These people moaning can't have it only suit them. Due to the size of Birmingham city centre and the fact that there isn't a free bus, like other major cities, then this is the next best thing.

BK63 YWP

To be honest I still think its good value

I get a d/d regional pass soon to be 54.50
I work 5/6 day weeks. Daysaver instead of pass will be £4.40 x 5 x 4= £88

Saving me £33.50 and with minimum wage going up I'm not spending more money just the same amount % wise going out my wages per month
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

Quote from: Chris on December 05, 2015, 02:53:52 PM
To be honest I still think its good value

I get a d/d regional pass soon to be 54.50
I work 5/6 day weeks. Daysaver instead of pass will be £4.40 x 5 x 4= £88

Saving me £33.50 and with minimum wage going up I'm not spending more money just the same amount % wise going out my wages per month

I travel to/from work 5 days a week, and then often use the bus at weekends.

£54.50 a month x 12 months = £654 a year
Divided by 365 possible days a pass can be used (2016 is a leap year, so 366 days minus Christmas Day when there are no buses) = £1.79 a day.

So I'm seeing an increase from £1.73 a day to £1.79. I'm not on minimum wage, so an extra 6p a day isn't going to hurt me!  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ronnoc

Hopefully the child's monthly pass doesn't increase to above £30.

Stu

Quote from: Ronnoc on December 05, 2015, 04:39:31 PM
Hopefully the child's monthly pass doesn't increase to above £30.

Direct debit child faresaver is frozen at £26.50. The 4-week faresaver increases to £30.25
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/national-express-west-midlands-fares-changes-2016

Seems there are numerous ways to beat fare increases, yet people have already jumped on the "single fare jumping to £2.30 is blatant profiteering" bandwagon it seems. (Not here I must add, but on my FB page).
It's always funny how the same people never complain about other operators (using older even-tattier buses) when they put their prices up too!
My locals:

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Stu on December 05, 2015, 04:47:01 PM
Direct debit child faresaver is frozen at £26.50. The 4-week faresaver increases to £30.25
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/national-express-west-midlands-fares-changes-2016

Seems there are numerous ways to beat fare increases, yet people have already jumped on the "single fare jumping to £2.30 is blatant profiteering" bandwagon it seems. (Not here I must add, but on my FB page).
It's always funny how the same people never complain about other operators (using older even-tattier buses) when they put their prices up too!

@Stu I think people especially on your page (which I'm a member of) don't realise that yeah there's a 10p increase on single fare. They don't realise the savings on off peak daysavers and other deals available and oh wait the amount of investment nx has put the last few years?

I happy paying what I pay out to nx every month my service to merry hill has nice 61/12 plate buses which are nice clean and reliable service (when merry hill traffic flows properly).

20p on a peak daysaver is nothing I had to put up with First Kernow. I used to work in Truro and live in Redruth (2010) The return went up from £4.80 to £5.60!!

X10 Gornal Wood

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stu on December 05, 2015, 04:47:01 PM

That's highly inconvenient, especially if you've only got £30 on you.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Ronnoc on December 05, 2015, 05:06:58 PM

@Ronnoc Have you got the facility to set up a direct debit? It's a lot cheaper and get more for your monies. The Renewal date is set to a certain day I.e. mine starts on the 24th of each month so runs 24th November to 23rd December so that's 30 days travel for 54.50 compared to 60.50 for 28 days.

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

Quote from: Ronnoc on December 05, 2015, 05:06:58 PM

If you can't set one up yourself, your parents should be able to set you up with your travelcard by direct debit. Just tell them how much they'll be saving and they'll jump at it!  ;)
My locals:

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stu on December 05, 2015, 06:07:39 PM
If you can't set one up yourself, your parents should be able to set you up with your travelcard by direct debit. Just tell them how much they'll be saving and they'll jump at it!  ;)
Lol thanks, I'll give it a try.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk