News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New fares 2016

Started by ARBB, December 04, 2015, 10:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

S570

Just wondering, do the WM prices also affect CV journeys on the 11 outside the West Midlands?

Stu

This is going to go down well with certain followers of my WMBU Facebook page!  :D

However, looking at the bigger picture, I can see what NX are doing here, and actually people are saving money.

For starters, I'm pleased to see that SWIFT pay-as-you-go fares have been frozen, thus incentivising passengers to switch to using smartcards instead of cash.

And the off-peak Daysaver is a welcome addition for anyone travelling after 9:30am, for whom the cost of travelling has come down in price.

But I'm expecting the usual round of hatred-fuelled bile once I share the link there, from people who forget that other smaller operators will also be increasing their fares.  :(

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

My pass has gone up £1.50!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on December 04, 2015, 09:47:24 PM
My pass has gone up £1.50!

Based on someone working 5 days a week that comes out at an increase of about 7p per day, or if you catch 4 buses like you do less than 2p per journey

BU07 LGO

Also in the same email was mention of the 97 getting rebranded with crimsoned tridents!

Personally I think that passengers should pay more to travel during the peak, afterall jjourneys take longer and this is using more fuel, and costs more in drivers wages

I think that the Walsall low fare zone should be extended to cover Aldridge and brownhills too, ive had loads of people try to buy it and then I have to explain it doesn't cover there

Ronnoc

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 04, 2015, 09:51:47 PM
Also in the same email was mention of the 97 getting rebranded with crimsoned tridents!

Personally I think that passengers should pay more to travel during the peak, afterall jjourneys take longer and this is using more fuel, and costs more in drivers wages

I think that the Walsall low fare zone should be extended to cover Aldridge and brownhills too, ive had loads of people try to buy it and then I have to explain it doesn't cover there
I thought the 97 was getting replaced with newer buses sometime soon, not rebranded Crimson Tridents lol!

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ronnoc on December 04, 2015, 09:59:09 PM
I thought the 97 was getting replaced with newer buses sometime soon, not rebranded Crimson Tridents lol!

Why do you think the 97 branded Tridents were going into Crimson then? As Tony has stated before, buses are being painted on a route by route basis.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2015, 05:10:07 PM
Usual negative comments I see, Interesting that the first two are one complaining about not having a cheap short distance fare and another complaining because there is one!

Yes @Tony but a cheap short distance fare that applies only in Birmingham which it seems like old and new drivers don't like because people cheat.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 04, 2015, 10:35:30 PM
Yes @Tony but a cheap short distance fare that applies only in Birmingham which it seems like old and new drivers don't like because people cheat.

And also other places, so your claim of Birmingham Bias doesn't apply.

The Mass fraud is a fallacy as well, in all my time in revenue I only knew of one Standard fare issued for over-riding a city hop. The revenue team this year have already recovered a record amount in standard fares paid, but a minute number are for City Hop over-riding.

It just seems a lot of moaning because there is something new to moan about.

As for the suggestion of reverting back to the multiple fares depending on distance travelled, well that just gives even more scope for over-riding!

Ronnoc

Quote from: Nathan on December 04, 2015, 10:04:09 PM
Why do you think the 97 branded Tridents were going into Crimson then? As Tony has stated before, buses are being painted on a route by route basis.
Think about the route and what rules are coming in to play in the future.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 04, 2015, 04:10:10 PM
Yeah £2 everywhere really.

Scrap all these fares.

How do you feel about this, Stuharris6360?

I don't like any of this @Liverpool Street !

On the NX bus website, they haven't mentioned that the short hop fare is now Off Peak in the introductory comments, except the words Off Peak by the fare. They just want you to look at the positives. So they are just hoping that people just accept it. Look at it, who is likely to want to travel a couple of stages Peak times, moms on the school run and elderly people who are both being discriminated at.

However if you happen to live in the centre of Birmingham, then you are ok, just a quid.

That is why NE need to take a long look at the fare system and reintroduce the policy, the farther you travel, the more you pay.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ronnoc on December 04, 2015, 10:49:19 PM
Think about the route and what rules are coming in to play in the future.

It has already been suggested previously that some Euro 3 vehicles could be fitted with exhaust traps, thus making them compliant with the Birmingham emissions zone.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2015, 10:44:21 PM
And also other places, so your claim of Birmingham Bias doesn't apply.

The Mass fraud is a fallacy as well, in all my time in revenue I only knew of one Standard fare issued for over-riding a city hop. The revenue team this year have already recovered a record amount in standard fares paid, but a minute number are for City Hop over-riding.

It just seems a lot of moaning because there is something new to moan about.

As for the suggestion of reverting back to the multiple fares depending on distance travelled, well that just gives even more scope for over-riding!

But why do we need a city hop fare, why not just have a standard one off fare if we must go in that direction, £2.30 aduly, £1.15, then everybody pays the same cash wise, nobody has to worry about over riding @Tony

Sh4318

Quote from: Nathan on December 04, 2015, 10:53:28 PM
It has already been suggested previously that some Euro 3 vehicles could be fitted with exhaust traps, thus making them compliant with the Birmingham emissions zone.

This was discussed as an option, but a very expensive one at that
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk