News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Open Day 24/10/15

Started by MrBevan2000, October 18, 2015, 10:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARBB

No damage was caused to any bus, 2095's battery was low and both 2095 & 4199 lost air because they weren't running and people were opening and closing doors which are air operated.

domino.99

Really enjoyed today, thanks @Tony for setting it up :)

Must say I was surprissed at how many people knew how to change the destination displays.

Westy

Quote from: Tony on October 24, 2015, 10:09:37 PM
I don't know of any mechanical damage, and again people are having a go at others on this group THIS IS STOPPING or the whole forum goes

With respect Tony, some of us are old enough to know better & behave responsibly around a working enviroment.

Perhaps there ought to be an age limit at these things or have no unaccompanied minors, unless there is such a rule already?

CL

Quote from: Dom on October 24, 2015, 10:38:34 PM
Really enjoyed today, thanks @Tony for setting it up :)

Must say I was surprised at how many people knew how to change the destination displays.
To be fair, I was surprised at how easy it was! Mainly changed the displays to the 74(E)/75(E) - although, on 4199, I did set it to the 128E (Five Ways). :P The photos on my Flickr page are from my iPhone (after the *sorry excuse of a* battery ran out on my camera); unfortunately, with countless attempts, I don't seem to be able to upload the photos from my camera! ::)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

GeminiFan1991

I was also surprised by the ease of which the younger party were in control of the bus, changing displays to opening doors using the emergency buttons on the doors

A nice addition of the day were the collectors items, I personally purchased a Stobart Lorry model and "The West Midlands Bus Guide & Fleet List" book. Its a great read full of good information and it gives a remarkable insight into the West Midlands bus operations. I would have liked if their was a book by National Express giving an overview of their operations.

May be an idea for some members of this forum ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

Quote from: Westy on October 24, 2015, 10:53:42 PM
With respect Tony, some of us are old enough to know better & behave responsibly around a working enviroment.

Perhaps there ought to be an age limit at these things or have no unaccompanied minors, unless there is such a rule already?

You weren't there! There were staff around all the time watching what was going on.

Some of the ill-informed things I was told yesterday were 'Someone has broken the bus by running all the air out' That doesn't break a bus and actually makes it safer as it will not move even if the handbrake is released.

Will

Quote from: Tony on October 25, 2015, 07:54:43 AM
You weren't there! There were staff around all the time watching what was going on.

Some of the ill-informed things I was told yesterday were 'Someone has broken the bus by running all the air out' That doesn't break a bus and actually makes it safer as it will not move even if the handbrake is released.

@Tony, I can actually back-up what you say in regards to the air in a bus as when I worked for Diamond I was allocated the task of driving the buses out of the fuel/wash bay in Kidderminster the one morning I went into work anyway I got in this Dart started it up put it into gear let the handbrake off and nothing happened little did I realise at the time the air had gone down to practically nothing overnight thus making the bus unable to move
Stourbridge   125

MrBevan2000

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on October 24, 2015, 11:31:25 PM
I was also surprised by the ease of which the younger party were in control of the bus, changing displays to opening doors using the emergency buttons on the doors

A nice addition of the day were the collectors items, I personally purchased a Stobart Lorry model and "The West Midlands Bus Guide & Fleet List" book. Its a great read full of good information and it gives a remarkable insight into the West Midlands bus operations. I would have liked if their was a book by National Express giving an overview of their operations.

May be an idea for some members of this forum ?!

I liked how we were able to change the display and able to operate the bus to an extent. The staff were there making sure we didn't do anything wrong. But I think many of them walked away with the sounds of the horns stuck in their head!  ;)

horsencart

Ronnoc

Quote from: horsencart on October 25, 2015, 04:23:58 PM
Here are a few of my shots of the day,          https://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/21840095933/in/dateposted/
Excellent photos there mate, though, the moderators may mind where you posted it. But all in all, great photos.

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Solo1

I forgot to look what the portacabins were used for when I was at the open day

Tiptonian

@horsencart Yes, excellent pictures.

I did not know N155 BOF had survived. I am very glad it has.

Strange to see the Mercedes Benz O.405N parked up disused. I bet quite a few of you remember them also being parked up there before entering service when brand new!

filbus1

Quote from: Tiptonian on October 25, 2015, 11:08:36 PM
@horsencart Yes, excellent pictures.

I did not know N155 BOF had survived. I am very glad it has.

Strange to see the Mercedes Benz O.405N parked up disused. I bet quite a few of you remember them also being parked up there before entering service when brand new!
I can remember them entering service on the Hagley Road routes, a far cry from todays MMCs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk