News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Petition to save 56

Started by woody38, September 27, 2015, 02:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody38

Councillor Steve Wade has st up an online petition to save the 56 here is the link, he wants as many people as possible to sign it
https://www.change.org/p/diamond-buses-centro-and-national-express-buses-keep-the-56-bus-service-route-in-brownhills?recruiter=392824674&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

jc

... yes because you can run a bus company on signatures! Not like the people signing actually need to use the service to make it run or anything ...

woody38

People in Brownhills are very unhappy about losing there service, and I say good luck to Councillor Steve Wade, one of reasons why the 56 is not as profitable as,it was is because diamond have not bothered about this route, its very unreliable now, has old buses on it that regularly break down.

Tony

Quote from: woody38 on September 27, 2015, 02:51:03 PM
People in Brownhills are very unhappy about losing there service, and I say good luck to Councillor Steve Wade, one of reasons why the 56 is not as profitable as,it was is because diamond have not bothered about this route, its very unreliable now, has old buses on it that regularly break down.

Diamond say the route does not make any money but by the loads on some of the local routes in & 0ut of Walsall most off them are carrying single figure loads.

Councillor Wade knows what is going on and knows that there will be no-one left without a bus service, but as with all polititians, getting your name in the press is the most important thing

woody38

Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2015, 02:54:34 PM
Councillor Wade knows what is going on and knows that there will be no-one left without a bus service, but as with all polititians, getting your name in the press is the most important thing

But at least he is trying to do something & he does care about Brownhills & the people that live there

BU07 LGO

They should have kept the versa's on there, I still always see them rammed during the peaks. I know it might sound cynical but could it be  a ploy to  see if centro offer a subsidy? I'm not too sure how these things work

woody38

Quote from: BU07 LGO on September 27, 2015, 04:44:08 PM
They should have kept the versa's on there, I still always see them rammed during the peaks. I know it might sound cynical but could it be  a ploy to  see if centro offer a subsidy? I'm not too sure how these things work
that was the start of the end does anybody now  where the versa's are now

winston

Quote from: woody38 on September 27, 2015, 04:59:19 PM
that was the start of the end does anybody now  where the versa's are now

Redditch Garage on Solihull Signature work

woody38

Cheers Winston always wondered what happened to them, have they still got the next stop announcer

Westy

Quote from: woody38 on September 27, 2015, 03:07:38 PM
But at least he is trying to do something & he does care about Brownhills & the people that live there

When is the next election?

Stu

Sorry to have to say this, but generally there are usually more signatures on a petition than there are 'bums on seats' on a bus.

You only have to look at the myriad of changes to services in the Old Hill/Rowley Regis area recently; the signatures on petitions outweigh the people that actually use the services. If there were so many people who 'badly needed' the 56 service, it's withdrawal wouldn't be in question.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: woody38 on September 27, 2015, 02:02:35 PM
Councillor Steve Wade has st up an online petition to save the 56 here is the link, he wants as many people as possible to sign it
https://www.change.org/p/diamond-buses-centro-and-national-express-buses-keep-the-56-bus-service-route-in-brownhills?recruiter=392824674&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Not very ambitious is he, only asking for 100 signatures.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steveminor

100 people is not going to convince any operator to commit 4 buses for 14 hours a day is it.
I agree about petitions don't ever equate to bums on seats anyone remember grosvenor coaches solihull to Earlswood service?
No well that's despite almost everyone in Earlswood asking for the bus it was hardly ever used & the registration/de registration process was 4 times longer than the service actually ran for.

Liberator9

The next stop announcements are occasionally still used with the Versas are on the S3 - however only on the S3. Even then half the time it doesn't work.

Steveminor

100 supporters in 2 days on the petition.  Just shows how little the 56 is actually required. No wonder diamond are cutting it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk