News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 15th Nov

Started by winston, September 23, 2015, 12:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 15, 2015, 09:33:51 PM
@Stu , these changes are not to do with the Dudley/Sandwell bus review, these changes are now due next year.

Sadly this particular time, we have seen that the changes have not been well publicised with the Network West Midland site not having timetables for some services until the latter end of this week.

Do you know exactly when this will take place? I'm optimistic that another network review will be good for the area
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 15, 2015, 09:38:39 PM
Do you know exactly when this will take place? I'm optimistic that another network review will be good for the area

A lot of routes / links were cut in the original Dudley review, hopefully now NX are more financially stable some services / links that were marginal may be considered for partial return. The last couple of reviews have led to pvr increases rather than cuts

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 15, 2015, 09:38:39 PM

@Sh4318 It was mentioned on here a while ago that it is due early next year, which is why i am surprised that these changes are taking place now especially just before Christmas.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BigDaddyCool

Just wondering when these rumours of the 29 going double decker are meant to materialise? Hopefully thid will be sooner rather than later as it'stands becomong a bit of a joke during the mornings. Also, just to note, i heard three separate conversations that centred around the confusion over the 29A/48 changes this morning - no flags have been changed, no timetables updated and nothing on the bus! Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere on the forum.

r700a

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on November 16, 2015, 08:42:55 AM
Just wondering when these rumours of the 29 going double decker are meant to materialise? Hopefully thid will be sooner rather than later as it'stands becomong a bit of a joke during the mornings. Also, just to note, i heard three separate conversations that centred around the confusion over the 29A/48 changes this morning - no flags have been changed, no timetables updated and nothing on the bus! Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere on the forum.

I went on the new route of the 48 yesterday and saw double deckers (including at least one hybrid) on the 29; this may only apply to Sunday for the time being due to fewer buses being in use at this time, although I could be wrong.

I agree that next to no flags have been changed, let alone timetables!  ::)

I was at the starting point of the 48 yesterday (Northfield, Lockwood Rd), the flags still say 29/29A and there are no timetables for the 48; the average member of the public may be quite shocked to see a bus with the front reading "48 West Bromwich" all of a sudden.

Kevin

Quote from: Winston on November 15, 2015, 09:20:14 PM
They don't have a duty to consult, only inform of changes in plenty of time, so those impacted by the service changes can make alternative arrangements worst case scenario (which in this instance appears to have been left to the last minute for whatever reason).

Lol.
Don't be silly this isn't the first time they've left it late to inform the travelling public and sure as hell won't be the last.
Really makes them look stupid
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

r700a

Quote from: Kevin on November 16, 2015, 10:08:22 AM
Lol.
Don't be silly this isn't the first time they've left it late to inform the travelling public and sure as hell won't be the last.
Really makes them look stupid

Haha, its kind of like they don't want to give people people time to complain before it can be cancelled  :D

BK63 YWP

Nxwm app still showing 53 running
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

JoNi

There's a set registration period with the TC they has to meet so there are no excuses that standard timescales don't exist for informing the staff/public by publicising changes and producing timetables etc. Sounds like something that should be written into alliance agreements that are signed up as a commitment to deliver.

Kevin

Quote from: JoNi on November 16, 2015, 10:33:50 AM
There's a set registration period with the TC they has to meet so there are no excuses that standard timescales don't exist for informing the staff/public by publicising changes and producing timetables etc. Sounds like something that should be written into alliance agreements that are signed up as a commitment to deliver.

Exactly.
And we knew there were changes coming only because some of us know where to look for these registrations.
But Joe Public?

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on November 16, 2015, 10:33:50 AM

Except a lot of these changes were done under short notice registrations.

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on November 16, 2015, 10:43:34 AM
Except a lot of these changes were done under short notice registrations.

And why? What excuse would an operator have for such a major raft of short notice registrations?
Surely the city centre changes would have been known about a fair bit in advance but understand if they weren't, they're out of NX's control.
But the Warley changes? The Weoley Castle changes?

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on November 16, 2015, 10:50:23 AM
And why? What excuse would an operator have for such a major raft of short notice registrations?
Surely the city centre changes would have been known about a fair bit in advance but understand if they weren't, they're out of NX's control.
But the Warley changes? The Weoley Castle changes?

It was the City Centre changes, which were not finalised until very late on. This affected things like the 129 registration, didn't knowwhich way out of Birmingham it had to go, which in turn meant PVR & times couldn't be finalised which then due to driver's shifts and timetable planning meant other services couldn't be finalised either.

The fact the TC accepted these changes under short notice registrations tells you they were unavoidable

BigDaddyCool

I was travelling back from Northfield this morning on the 48 and while going down Black Haynes Road (the 'old' 29 route), on 3 separate occasions there was passengers at the separate stops that just allowed the bus to go past while obviously oblivious to the fact that the bus they are used to, and still expecting to turn up, never will! I did mention this to the driver when I got off, he simply replied "everyone's confused".

I would of expected (given the lack of changes to timetables and flags) the driver of the service in question to stop the bus and explain to those individuals waiting that the 48 is now the only service to serve the road and advise what would be best to do - this didn't happen and I can only presume those in question had a fairly long wait before realising something wasn't adding up. Instances like this simply can not be justified, the failure to get flags and timetables changed is inexcusable.

Russ Smith

Even just an A4 paper notice on the bus stops, until the timetables are printed, would be better than nothing and pretty easy to do. Doesn't help that even the NX website still show the 48 as going to Bartley Green

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk