News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM service changes 15th Nov

Started by winston, September 23, 2015, 12:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on November 16, 2015, 02:55:45 PM
I can see it. But....
We knew on here there were going to be changes at least a certain amount of time before they happened.
NX knew there were going to be city centre changes otherwise they wouldn't have delayed releasing their other changes. So why did they have to make those other changes at that time and not another time well in advance?

I've already answered that!

You cannot change the 48 without the 29, the 50A/C without the 129, and that's without the other complications involving vehicles and drivers

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on November 16, 2015, 02:58:49 PM
I've already answered that!

You cannot change the 48 without the 29, the 50A/C without the 129, and that's without the other complications involving vehicles and drivers

Poor choice of wording on my part there perhaps.
What I meant was. NX knew that the city centre changes were gong to happen so held off on registering everything. Fair enough.
But knowing this would delay the registrations, could they have just not bothered with all the other changes like those Warley and Weoley Castle?
There was no real urgency in the changes and so could have waited for another time when they could give enough notice and wouldn't confuse people as much as is evident
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on November 16, 2015, 03:06:37 PM
Poor choice of wording on my part there perhaps.
What I meant was. NX knew that the city centre changes were gong to happen so held off on registering everything. Fair enough.
But knowing this would delay the registrations, could they have just not bothered with all the other changes like those Warley and Weoley Castle?
There was no real urgency in the changes and so could have waited for another time when they could give enough notice and wouldn't confuse people as much as is evident

The Broad Street changes have required lots of extra buses just to try an make the timetables robust enough to try and run a respectable service, hence the 7 (now 6) Mercedes being in use, so yes the whole package of changes did need to be made together

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on November 16, 2015, 03:18:29 PM
The Broad Street changes have required lots of extra buses just to try an make the timetables robust enough to try and run a respectable service, hence the 7 (now 6) Mercedes being in use, so yes the whole package of changes did need to be made together

Mmmmm. Convenient. Ok will accept.
But still none of it excuses the lack of information for the public though does it?

winston

Quote from: Kevin on November 16, 2015, 03:22:17 PM
Mmmmm. Convenient. Ok will accept.
But still none of it excuses the lack of information for the public though does it?

You have been given numerous reasons regarding the lack of information for the public, NX can't confirm what they don't know themselves

NX will cop for all the various negative sentiment towards some of these changes, whilst the parties further up the chain get off scot-free

Kevin

Quote from: Winston on November 16, 2015, 03:30:24 PM
You have been given numerous reasons regarding the lack of information for the public, NX can't confirm what they don't know themselves

Correction. I've been given numerous reasons why the changes themselves have happened at relatively short notice and why at least the city centre changes have been publicised at similarly short notice. Effectively all of the reasons why NX are not guilty (no level of sarcasm intended there, I accept it ain't their fault it's all happened)

But

When they did know, could they not have done more to inform? Reports of bus stops not being updated (72 and 29/48 elsewhere in this thread, and first hand today when a woman got on the 46 at Sandwell Hospital asking the driver where the through bus to Smethwick has gone). Granted officially Centro's job, but simple A4 pieces of paper at bus stops as per those on Colmore Row would have done the job there well enough until Centro get round to properly updating the stops.

s94

Saw the 129 come into merry hill earlier. Only ~3 people on it.

Still aloft thereabouts described for the late changes are understandable. Hopefully the situation will ease with time.

winston

Quote from: Kevin on November 16, 2015, 04:13:34 PM
Correction. I've been given numerous reasons why the changes themselves have happened at relatively short notice and why at least the city centre changes have been publicised at similarly short notice. Effectively all of the reasons why NX are not guilty (no level of sarcasm intended there, I accept it ain't their fault it's all happened)

But

When they did know, could they not have done more to inform? Reports of bus stops not being updated (72 and 29/48 elsewhere in this thread, and first hand today when a woman got on the 46 at Sandwell Hospital asking the driver where the through bus to Smethwick has gone). Granted officially Centro's job, but simple A4 pieces of paper at bus stops as per those on Colmore Row would have done the job there well enough until Centro get round to properly updating the stops.

NX can only inform when they know themselves, they can & probably have put inspectors at the main terminuses to advise confused passengers of revised stopping locations etc. They can't put them everywhere.

Even though the registrations were published/submitted late, they (Centro) still would of had a more time than us for notification of the changes being implemented. It is Centro that are responsible for providing / updating timetable information & updating street furniture (bus stop flags) as part of the NX/Centro partnership. Centro could have put staff  on overtime to change all this information over the weekend of the 14th/15th Nov, so people unaware of the changes would at least find out when they got to the bus stops

Kevin

Quote from: Winston on November 16, 2015, 04:40:26 PM
NX can only inform when they know themselves, they can & probably have put inspectors at the main terminuses to advise confused passengers of revised stopping locations etc. They can't put them everywhere.

They have to be fair. Seen a load in town and up Broad Street. Didn't pay too much attention whether they were NX or Centro people though. But still they were there.

Even though the registrations were published/submitted late, they (Centro) still would of had a more time than us for notification of the changes being implemented. It is Centro that are responsible for providing / updating timetable information & updating street furniture (bus stop flags) as part of the NX/Centro partnership. Centro could have put staff  on overtime to change all this information over the weekend of the 14th/15th Nov, so people unaware of the changes would at least find out when they got to the bus stops

So who's put the temporary notices in the bus stops on Colmore Row? NX or Centro?

Sh4318

To be fair, there was an NX staff member on board my 50C earlier to assist passengers on the changes
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: Kevin on November 16, 2015, 04:48:55 PM
They have to be fair. Seen a load in town and up Broad Street. Didn't pay too much attention whether they were NX or Centro people though. But still they were there.

So who's put the temporary notices in the bus stops on Colmore Row? NX or Centro?

I believe (and happy to be corrected) that Centro are responsible for all bus stop information at either the likes of Colmore Row, bus stations & individual stops & shelters, Centro own / are resonsible for the infrastructure. NX are obviously resposible for their own on board notices etc

Liberator9

Yeah it is Centro responsibility - they were slow at changing stops in South Solihull last time so no surprise regarding this latest demonstration of efficency!  :D NX should be able to rely on Centro to actually have the stops and timetables ready - NX have advertised on the website the changes. Only issue would be that NX need to change some of the route pages to reflect route changes. Another idea would have been for Centro to put leaflets in the post of Weoley and Londonderry to actually  let people know. Swear they did that once somewhere.

sonic84

Spotted a double decker platinum bus on the 29 this afternoon.

Echoing what others have said the flags on gibbons road hadn't been updated to show the X64 no longer goes that way and the stops on Weoley Park Road still showed "not in use".

There were a couple of people of the 48 on swarthmore road this morning but it was nowhere near as busy as the 29 used to be, but I expect that is partly due to not all passengers realising that the 29 no longer serves swarthmore road.

Still think that 48 route should have been left as it was and the X64 should have been amended.

Also spotted the 22 showing Kitwell as a destination instead of Woodgate this evening.

CL

22 will have kept their displays as "Kitwell" to avoid confusion. As mentioned in the NW thread, 6704 was on the 29. @sonic84 ;)

With the new route change within the city centre, the Harbornes have gained a bus stop on Smallbrook Queensway, under the bridge, where the 16 will serve also.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

karl724223

Did a 129 today  not very happy passengers  from merry hill  to bearwood very few plates and timetables changed app still showing 53 running  so passengers young and old were still waiting for buses that no longer ran  also Birmingham side of route 129 on plates from old route but timetables still say bus was going to west brom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk